Week 17 Game Day Chatter | Cowboys at Eagles | 12-31-2017

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If you asked me, with all things neutral, I would say the offense is broken and things need to change moreso than the defense.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
If you asked me, with all things neutral, I would say the offense is broken and things need to change moreso than the defense.
I would agree, but those changes need to start at the top of the offensive heap with Garrett or no other changes really matter all that much.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I love the attempt but that execution was so ugly it is scary.
In this kind of cold it's hard to throw the ball much further. Dak was basically just throwing a jump ball knowing that Dez is going to win those 90% of the time.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
All I can possibly think of is that last year he started so great and never had any real pressure or failure. This year he's had some adversity and it's gotten into his head. He's always seemed like such a confident guy, I have a hard time believing that, but it's about all I've got. :shrug
Or maybe he is just not that good and especially, smart. I don't see him showing any ability to make the right read and the right decision.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wonder how much the elements are affecting the passing game?
I don't know. We can't seem to grip the ball at all. That fumble by Zeke was ugly. Our receivers are dropping shit left and right. And it looks to me at least like Dak is having some trouble gripping the ball on some of his throws. I'm sure it's colder than a witches tit out there.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Right! And how did we get here? Going into the season our offense was supposed to hum. And defense was the big question mark

I would keep Marinelli another year and add more defensive pieces. The defense play their asses off, you can’t question their desire. They were just low on talent, but next year they should be a strength.

The offense needs a total overhaul. I wouldn’t even know where to start.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The last time the Cowboys were held scoreless in the first half was in 2002.

Another Garrett record.

The man keeps piling them up.

But in the negative column.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I am sorry to say this, but I don't like how Prescott reacts to pressure.

He hitches and them seems to panic.

I would like it more if he would just react on what he sees and if he doesn't like it, run.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Switzer, already better than Beasley. Notice how much better we look throwing to Switzer and Williams?

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Or maybe he is just not that good and especially, smart.
Okay, but then he was just incredibly lucky to have he best rookie QB passer rating in NFL history?

I guess it's possible he was just playing out of his mind for 12 or so games last year, but if so, that's a long time to play that far over your head.

Top Bottom