28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think our draft needs are:
WR/TE
S
LB (even if resign Hitchens)
DT
OT
We need LBers far more than safety. Other than that, yeah.

We don't need any more CBs. If we take one in the first three rounds, we have no interest in winning football games.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'd probably like to see us trade down. BPA is certainly the way to go.

On the other hand, if a guy like Darnold dropped to us I'd be awfully tempted.
Your temptation is irrelevant.

Dallas will not draft another QB high. Not matter what.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I'd probably like to see us trade down. BPA is certainly the way to go.

On the other hand, if a guy like Darnold dropped to us I'd be awfully tempted.
Josh Allen might be more likely. I think we're committed to Dak though so move on.

You guys like Sutton or Washington as WRs? We should have a shot at one of them. I also saw us linked to DT Maurice Hurst...

lostxn

DCC 4Life
We need LBers far more than safety. Other than that, yeah.

We don't need any more CBs. If we take one in the first three rounds, we have no interest in winning football games.
We could use a stud safety. Byron just can't play that role. Woods is promising but unproven. Frazier is one dimensional. Heath actually has developed into a legitimate starter. Still think we could use a steak there though.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
We could use a stud safety. Byron just can't play that role. Woods is promising but unproven. Frazier is one dimensional. Heath actually has developed into a legitimate starter. Still think we could use a steak there though.
Well I mean Woods is at least a little proven. He has been playing a ton for us and playing really well. But you need 2 safeties and while I like Woods I don't know that I'd bank on a sixth rounder becoming elite.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Fuck it. I want Sutton.

I kind of want a faster WR. Someone who is actually capable of getting separation, going deep or turning a short pass into a big play. Someone more like Brown or Diggs.

kidd

DCC 4Life
Yeah that was fucking terrible. Although I think Murray fumbles in that game, no?
I don’t think he did.

You’re probably thinking of the playoffs when he fumbled against Green Bay.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I don’t think he did.

You’re probably thinking of the playoffs when he fumbled against Green Bay.
That 2013 GB game was systemic coaching failure. When you average 7+ YP rush in a game you are leading by 20, you run the ball. A lot, end of story.

Same thing happened vs Detroit the year before. This year they lost how many games where they had solid leads at halftime?

Sometimes you have to run even when it’s only purpose is to beat on the other team and give your defense a break.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
That 2013 GB game was systemic coaching failure. When you average 7+ YP rush in a game you are leading by 20, you run the ball. A lot, end of story.

Same thing happened vs Detroit the year before. This year they lost how many games where they had solid leads at halftime?

Sometimes you have to run even when it’s only purpose is to beat on the other team and give your defense a break.
The theory was Romo was audibling to pass every play.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I kind of want a faster WR. Someone who is actually capable of getting separation, going deep or turning a short pass into a big play. Someone more like Brown or Diggs.
If you want to roll the dice, how about this guy. Plays like Antonio Bryant. Beats women though... Likely would be available in 4th.

image: http://walterfootball.com/college/Florida_logo.gif

Antonio Callaway*, WR, Florida
Height: 5-11. Weight: 197.
Projected 40 Time: 4.46.
Projected Round (2018): 4-6.
12/2/17: Callaway didn't play in 2017 because of a suspension. He has now entered pre-trial diversion after reportedly facing felony fraud charges for allegedly transferring money from a stolen credit card. NFL teams already had major off-the-field concerns about Callaway. While he loves football, he has a lot of issues in terms of hanging out with bad influences, and teams are concerned about him consistently failing drug tests in the NFL. Callaway has been suspended repeatedly by Florida, and he hurt his team by earning another suspension to start the 2017 season.

Scouts across the league say that Callaway has first-round talent. They've even compared him to Antonio Brown in terms of his skill set and what he can do as a receiver, but teams think that Callaway will fall into the mid-rounds because his off-the-field issues are too serious to draft any earlier. They don't have any confidence that he will change and avoid suspensions in the NFL.

7/17/17: In 2016, Callaway totaled 54 receptions for 721 yards with three touchdowns. He displayed his deep speed and play-making ability during the season despite inconsistent quarterback play. Callaway was one of the most dangerous play-makers in the SEC as a freshman. Despite Florida's terrible quarterback play in the second half of the 2015 season, he totaled 678 yards on 35 receptions with four touchdowns on the year. He also returned two punts for touchdowns.

Callaway plays bigger than his size and is a threat to rip off a long gain anytime he touches the ball. Team sources have been really impressed with him on the field, but have major off-the-field concerns. The off-the-field issues have the potential to be a huge weight on Callaway's draft stock.

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/draft2018WR.php#ixzz529aC1efg

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2018WR.php#LwDV0KjDk3CeUD5A.99

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Soooo... what if tomorrow:

Bucs def Panthers
Saints def Falcons
Bengals def Lions

We then win 2 and we're in?

DLK150

DCC 4Life
P_T, I wouldn't worry about playoff scenarios since a good part of the gameday chatter is already talking about who do we draft next year or how bad Hundley sucked. It's just been that kind of season again.

But screw it, I'm going to enjoy the season while it lasts. I've been lucky to catch most of the games without NFL ST, even though there have been times when I wanted to throw a blunt object through the TV screen. It is what it is.

kidd

DCC 4Life
Soooo... what if tomorrow:

Bucs def Panthers
Saints def Falcons
Bengals def Lions

We then win 2 and we're in?
That seems right to me.

Whether or not it happens is a different story.

kidd

DCC 4Life
P_T, I wouldn't worry about playoff scenarios since a good part of the gameday chatter is already talking about who do we draft next year or how bad Hundley sucked. It's just been that kind of season again.

But screw it, I'm going to enjoy the season while it lasts. I've been lucky to catch most of the games without NFL ST, even though there have been times when I wanted to throw a blunt object through the TV screen. It is what it is.
I've been fortunate (or unfortunate) enough to catch every game thus far this year without Sunday ticket.

I'll admit though I didn't even care to tune in to the Eagles game. I knew it would be a blowout so I watched a PPV instead. The game was still going after the PPV but I saw the score and went to bed. Wasn't going to stay up to watch us get our asses kicked by the team that I despise the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom