Week 15 Gameday Chatter | Buccaneers vs Cowboys | 12/18/2016

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
And, this has been my point all along. Who gives a fuck how far down the field you are throwing as long as you are getting into the endzone? 3rd down percentage and redzone percentage are all that matters.
And I was in agreement with that before the Vikings game, but after these last 3 weeks, I think it's something to be conscious of.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Glad to see the offense get back on track.

The only thing that stopped them tonight was our own coaches. If they don't get cute and just called a straight game, we probably have at least another 10 points on the board.
That's why we won't go far in the playoffs. We leave way too many points on the field and let teams hang around.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Absolutely.

The weird thing is Washington is the team I least want to face in the post-season. Even with us sweeping them and the Giants sweeping us, I'd much rather face the Giants again.
Yup.

I want nothing to do with Washington and would much rather face the Giants.

Giants don't scare me one bit despite beating us twice. I think they were lucky to face us under ideal circumstances in both games.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Of course we still have to clinch the division.

Hopefully the Eagles can beat the Giants next week so that wraps that up, then Giants beat Washington in the finale to keep them out of the playoffs and let Tampa in.

And in that scenario we could afford to lose to Detroit next week so they win the division over GB, cause I don't want to see Aaron Rodgers right now.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I agree that it is a quality team, but we're gonna face much better and more dangerous teams in the playoffs than the Bucs.
And we could face the Bucs.

What we need to do is clean up the penalties. Would have been a different game. We could use more big plays too, but part of the problem there is that we just don't have recievers getting much YAC at all.

Stars

DCC 4Life
I'm glad we won and I won't have a FEH attitude about the win because that's a good team with a good defense we just beat, but this game really deflated me.

I don't have the same hope of reaching the SB that I had before this game, and that is because I see ugly trends building at the wrong time and this staff is gonna pull the same crap in the playoffs.

This offense is now committing drive killing penalties multiple times a game, and the coaching staff has become a pass-first staff that apparently refuses to run the ball on back to back plays, unless it's at the end of a game with a chance to milk the clock.

Every solid gain on the ground on 1st down is practically guaranteed to be followed by a pass play, and teams are teeing off on it now.

And then there's the retarded insistence on calling cute plays when it absolutely isn't necessary and involving worthless players on key plays while taking the ball out of the hands of the real playmakers.

This isn't a one week thing, it's something that is happening increasingly with each week and I don't see why anyone should think that all of those things are just going to all of a sudden stop.

I'm convinced that something will derail this season and it won't be this team just failing to show up for a big game.

I hope I'm wrong, but that's the mindset I'm in now.
I couldn't agree more. Why do we refuse to run the ball twice in a row? Why when we refuse to run it, do we spread 5 wide and don't threaten a run twice in a row? Why do we call cutesy reverse plays when zeke is gashing for 6 or 7 every time before that call? Why do we commit a penalty every single fucking drive? It's maddening.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Dak was efficient today, and it's not fair but he needs to be more than efficient as the competition gets tougher.

The penalties fucked us but we have to make some big plays. Did we even take one deep shot? How is it we had a billion FG tries?

Three field goals in the second half with the way Zeke ran it today is a big waste of production.

We can keep blaming the coaches, but at some point Dak is going to have to not take the safe shot and risk the big shot.

My biggest takeaways from this game were the great games from Lee and of course Irving. With our offense stalling we need a defense that can stop the Falcons, red-hot Steelers, or Patriots.
No, he does not have to risk shit. This is dumb. Protect the ball and win the game. Do NOT go over the top just to throw it down field. That would be stupid.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
We can keep blaming the coaches, but at some point Dak is going to have to not take the safe shot and risk the big shot.
That's exactly how I'm thinking after tonight.

He played very well, but he's gonna have to open it up more often or we're gonna pay for it in the playoffs.

It's not a knock on Dak because he played very well, but I don't think you can beat the Seahawks or a red hot Packers team should they make it by picking and choosing and hoping you don't have to take risks.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
No, he does not have to risk shit. This is dumb. Protect the ball and win the game. Do NOT go over the top just to throw it down field. That would be stupid.
That's not what he's saying, but you're so blind in your loyalty to Dak that you won't acknowledge any flaw or issue with this game even if it's just a minor one.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That's not what he's saying, but you're so blind in your loyalty to Dak that you won't acknowledge any flaw or issue with this game even if it's just a minor one.
Okay, then what is he saying?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I couldn't agree more. Why do we refuse to run the ball twice in a row? Why when we refuse to run it, do we spread 5 wide and don't threaten a run twice in a row? Why do we call cutesy reverse plays when zeke is gashing for 6 or 7 every time before that call? Why do we commit a penalty every single fucking drive? It's maddening.
That right there drives me wild.

2nd and 7 and not only do we pass, but we do so out of an empty set and throwing our run/pass advantage into the trash.

We are doing the defense a favor while shooting ourselves in the foot and I cannot understand for the life of me why we insist on this approach.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Okay, then what is he saying?
I believe he is saying this:

That's exactly how I'm thinking after tonight.

He played very well, but he's gonna have to open it up more often or we're gonna pay for it in the playoffs.

It's not a knock on Dak because he played very well, but I don't think you can beat the Seahawks or a red hot Packers team should they make it by picking and choosing and hoping you don't have to take risks.

data

Forbes #1
Of course we still have to clinch the division.

Hopefully the Eagles can beat the Giants next week so that wraps that up, then Giants beat Washington in the finale to keep them out of the playoffs and let Tampa in.

And in that scenario we could afford to lose to Detroit next week so they win the division over GB, cause I don't want to see Aaron Rodgers right now.
Actually, next week's MNF doesn't matter...unless GB loses.

With GB win vs Vikes, Week 17 will be win & in, even with loss to Dallas.

We might get Stafford on the bench!!!

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Maybe he does but I doubt it.

I don't think he'd have as high of a completion percentage though, because Romo would push the ball down the field more aggressively than Dak. Higher risk throws and all.
You do realize that was a joke from me, right? But anyways great game by Dak. Hope he shuts up critics but that's doubtful.

Top Bottom