One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
One of his better throws of the game...

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The best part of this play is that Awuzie was tracking the ball the entire time it was in the air.

It was refreshing to see a Cowboys DB do that for a change.

I hope this staff doesn't coach that out of him.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
I'll wait until he does it more than once before I agree that he gets separation.

Cotton

Staff member

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Out of curiosity, do you guys realize we've played in only 2 close games the entire year (losses to GB and LA). The other 10 games were all blowouts or at least >=2 score differentials. Strange season...

1 GIANTS 3 COWBOYS 19 (win by 16)
2 COWBOYS 17 BRONCOS 42 (lose by 25)
3 COWBOYS 28 CARDINALS 17 (win by 11)
4 RAMS 35 COWBOYS 30 (lose by 5)
5 PACKERS 35 COWBOYS 31 (lose by 4)
6 COWBOYS 40 49ERS 10 (win by 30)
8 COWBOYS 33 REDSKINS 19 (win by 14)
9 CHIEFS 17 COWBOYS 28 (win by 11)
10 COWBOYS 7 FALCONS 27 (lose by 20)
11 EAGLES 37 COWBOYS 9 (lose by 28)
12 CHARGERS 28 COWBOYS 6 (lose by 22)
13 REDSKINS 14 COWBOYS 38 (win by 24)

Cotton

Staff member
Woods is the one who should be credited with this INT.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
David Irving is basically a 24-year old Calais Campbell at this point right?
This is what I was referring to when I say he just runs people the fuck over...

Cotton

Staff member
I also must admit that Jaylon Smith looks worlds better, I don't think he's 100% yet and he still fucks up his reads from time to time but he's playing much faster and looks much smoother than he did earlier in the year.

Myles Jack basically rode the bench all last year and didn't look great, and now he's a beast in Jacksonville. No reason to think that Smith isn't on track to be at least a good starter for us if he can stay healthy.
This play really stood out to me. He was patience and then exploded with good angel towards the ball.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
This play really stood out to me. He was patience and then exploded with good angel towards the ball.

Is he wearing a brace anymore? I don't see one. Left leg, correct?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It was just sort of a matter of building confidence. Clearly not having Zeke out there shook Dak. And of course that coincided with an absolute collapse by our O-line. Last night we had a RB running great and the O-line playing at an elite level and those two things had Dak building his confidence back up as the game went on. I just hope they can all carry it over to the Giants game and continue to build that confidence. If we do our playoff chances mostly come down to the Oakland game. Oakland feels dangerous no matter how piss poor they have been this season.

I think we are too young to do anything even if we make the playoffs at 10-6 this season. But I still want to go 10-6. I think it's important for building this teams momentum going into next season. And then maybe an offseason without so much turmoil (Zeke suspension and a bunch of arrests) and maybe next year we will have a shot. Especially with guys like Chido, Taco, Lewis, Woods and Jaylon Smith taking the next step.

I'm all about drafting a WR in the first round next year as well. We just don't look explosive on offense still. The most you hope for is that a guy catches the ball and is tackled immediately. Give me a real weapon on offense to pair with Dak and Zeke and set yourselves up with a new triplets.
Butler is the only receiver that can enhance the verticle game. He gets little use.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Irritating thing about Hill's "The Cowboys are really down on Byron Jones" is how they've pumped him up as some great player all this time when most of us have noted forever how painfully average (if that) he was.
To be fair Jones still played 75% of the snaps, they basically just subbed him out when they were expecting run in base packages.

I think he should still should have a prominent role moving forward as a slot CB/part-time safety, I want to keep him long-term but only if the money is right and I wouldn't exercise the 5th year option on him.

p1_

DCC 4Life
To any Hitchens haters here, he’s NOT a jag. He’s good.

Newt

DCC 4Life
To any Hitchens haters here, he’s NOT a jag. He’s good.
Hitchens has been good this year, considering he's played out of position and been reliable. I think he is good, I just don't want him to be the best linebacker on the team...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think not having Tyron is what shook Dak. Looked like he'd been shell shocked from that Chaz Green Atlanta fiasco until about the second quarter of last night's game.
I agree, he had lost all trust in the O-line. And you could see it at the begining of the Redskins game where the Skins were blitzing and leaving everyone in man coverage at first. Dak just couldn't take his eyes off that pressure to deliver the ball and took a sack early as a result.

But the O-line was so good last night that as the game went on Dak became more and more confident in that protection.

Top Bottom