Week 11 Gameday Chatter | Eagles @ Cowboys | 11/19/2017

p1_

DCC 4Life
youre preaching to the choir. Garrett blows chunks as an in-game strategist.

GShock

DCC 4Life
They seem pretty similar to me, Wilson has had his fair share of horrendous performances over the years similar to last night.

Remember that Wilson was being insulated by the running game early in his career just as much as Prescott, if not more so.
And a ridiculously good, shut down, hurt you defense.

shane

DCC 4Life
Yeah I think we need to slow the breaks on the bus driver thing after one shitty game. We did lead the team to 28 points in 5 consecutive games, or something like that, this season. But he sucked hard last night, there is no disputing that.
No doubt, but even Russell Wilson has shitty assed games. I don't think Dak is on Russell's level yet, but he's only in his second year. I do think Dak hasn't shown much of an ability to throw a deep ball and that could keep him from being a top flight QB, but he definitely has poise and accuracy that are special. Hope he is our starter for 10+ more seasons.

shane

DCC 4Life
If we tanked, got a top 10ish pick, and hired a competent coaching staff I'm fairly certain we'd be on the fast track right back to 12+ wins.

The problem is there is a 0.0% chance that Garrett gets fired.

Heck, we all know we'd probably end up winning 11 or 12 even with Garrett next year health permitting, the problem, as always, will be the playoffs.
The best hope at this point is the team quitting on Garrett and forcing Jerry's hand.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
But you just can't fire a coach of this caliber. Not unless you're 100% sure that the replacement will be an upgrade.

data

Forbes #1
But you just can't fire a coach of this caliber. Not unless you're 100% sure that the replacement will be an upgrade.
...and what’s a clear upgrade? Jimmy Johnson didn’t win a division title with Miami. If Belichick was available, it’s not clear he’d do any better than Garrett.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
That loss was directly on the coaches last night, and about 40% on Dak.

The defense played well the first half then Pederson made adjustments and ate their ass. That’s on Marinelli and is why I have beat the drum for canning his geritol ass. He is all smoke and mirrors then is exposed.

The Cowboys offense moved the ball last night, but 3rd down killed them. There were numerous first downs to be had against the Eagles in the middle of the field. That’s on Linehan. The run game was pretty decent, but they didn’t seem to let Morris get himself in a rhythm.

Dak simply has to be better. He has to hit the intermediate routes, but he also has to have help from his WRs.

The Eagles are certainly beatable, and they don’t stand a chance against Minnesota or maybe even NO. A decent coaching staff makes adjustments and Dallas stays in that game last night IMO.

Wentz is still dinking and dunking, and short of a few big runs their running game was mediocre. Our LBers sucked ass again, and Irving spent more time face down on the ground then he did stopping the run, in essence leaving the DL 1 man short.

midswat

... soon
If Marinelli is the scapegoat, then how many defensive coordinators will Garrett have gone through?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
If Marinelli is the scapegoat, then how many defensive coordinators will Garrett have gone through?
3 or 4 if you count Pasqualoni.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I am a retard.

Who should I be rooting for?

Atlanta or Seattle?

Rev

Staff member
I am a retard.

Who should I be rooting for?

Atlanta or Seattle?
Surely this isnt a cowboys playoff chance choice? Just hope for an entertaining game.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Surely this isnt a cowboys playoff chance choice? Just hope for an entertaining game.
This game is actually pretty critical if you are all into the Dallas is still alive thing.

I just haven't bothered to do the research to see what we need to happen.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Say what you want but the Seahawks are an exceptionally well coached team.

All three phases.

Rev

Staff member
This game is actually pretty critical if you are all into the Dallas is still alive thing.

I just haven't bothered to do the research to see what we need to happen.
Well I guess they are still alive but hard to picture that after yesterday. I guess Seattle since Atlanta beat us but thats just a guess based on a tie and conference losses. We still have to play Seattle.

Top Bottom