Week 11 Gameday Chatter | Cowboys Bye Week | 11/16/2014

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
Jonas Gray for Pats from ND
168 yards
4 TD

You can find backs anywhere. Will we give DeMarco big contract? Makes sense not to.
Jonas Gray was a backup all 4 years right? Not taking anything away from the guy, he's perfect for the Pats.

Armando Allen, Cierre Wood, and Robert Hughes were all taking snaps away from him at ND. All 3 are not on an NFL roster

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Jonas Gray was a backup all 4 years right? Not taking anything away from the guy, he's perfect for the Pats.

Armando Allen, Cierre Wood, and Robert Hughes were all taking snaps away from him at ND. All 3 are not on an NFL roster
He really took off his senior year though.. Had 12 TD's before he tore his knee up. Hughes plays for the Cards actually. Had a 50 yard catch today.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Most big colleges were founded 100 years ago. A lot has happened since then. Are you saying San Antonio isn't as big as Lubbock or College Station? Really?

I have no idea what you are saying. SA hasnt ever had a major college football program in the city. That is a fact. I have no idea what that has to do with lubbock.

There are enough combined TV sets in SA/Austin to dwarf dying cities like Buffalo, St Louis, Oakland (where most fans are 49ers fans), Cleveland, Detroit, etc.

That is great but the state has Houston and Dallas commited. You aren't getting many fans of the new team outside of there. You cite other areas but most of these teams have rich traditions and a national following. You don't seem to be getting that you need TV sets to make a go of it.

Also, San Antonio is growing like crazy. Oil and Gas money is everywhere south of SA now. It's not a town of poor Mexicans anymore. Plenty of guys driving trucks and working on rigs in the Eagle Ford Shale can afford tickets. There is also a ton of investment in the city trying to make it a tech hub. AT&T pledged recently to make SA the first metro area in the state to get internet at Gb speeds. In 5 years, 1604 will be as built up as 410. Add in Austin affluence and you have a damned big vein to tap into.

We can handle the Raiders or the Chargers better than the disinterested "Isn't football too 'Red State' for us" Californians any day.

Football fans are fickle. I mean, you have a really good team in tcu and they cant even fill up their small stadium or get people to watch them on TV.
I don't know, I just don't see it.

data

Forbes #1
That hit on Emmanuel Sanders is the epitome of a hit on a defenseless receiver. Why was it not called? Why is it ever called? What is the point of the penalty? It's retarded.
:lol

no penalty. I don't get this shit anymore.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
90% of the retards over at ES finally admit RGIII is an epic bust.

I've been reading ES for an hour and the wallowing misery over there is priceless.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I don't know, I just don't see it.

I have no idea what you are saying. SA hasnt ever had a major college football program in the city. That is a fact. I have no idea what that has to do with lubbock.
When my Great Grandfather was a kid in SA there was no reason to have a university here. THINGS HAVE CHANGED. It's not 1925 any more.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
When my Great Grandfather was a kid in SA there was no reason to have a university here. THINGS HAVE CHANGED. It's not 1925 any more.
I don't even know what we are arguing about at this point.

But yeah, I guess lubbock had more going for it in 1925 than SA, eh? :rolleyes

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I don't even know what we are arguing about at this point.

But yeah, I guess lubbock had more going for it in 1925 than SA, eh? :rolleyes
As far as I know. Mostly I'm saying college football has nothing to do with what town it's in. Most big universities are in small towns.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Nothing is as wildly inconsistently called as this one. No one can even explain how it's supposed to work. It's a dumb penalty that can't even be enforced correctly.
PI is more inconsistent IMO. It was the right call in this case as well, not much to complain about. It does not help that Williams is his DC too, so I am sure the refs are extra vigilant. Also, if he plays the ball and not the man he might have an int.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Very cool of Gresham.

Cotton

Staff member

Holy crap.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Very cool of Gresham.
Was this about that guy that stole the ball from a fan in the Bengals/Saints game? What a douche move. Anybody with a brain knew he was tossing the ball to the woman in the Bengals jersey.

On NFL radio this morning, they were saying the Saints released the guys name. He is a season ticket holder, and basically everyone is saying he's a dickhead that should have gave the ball back. Even Saints fans were booing him when he wouldn't give the ball to the woman. Apparently, he's still refusing to return the ball, saying when it was tossed into the stands that it was fair game. Technically, I suppose he's correct. But that is still an asshole move. And for what? A football tossed into the stands from a player on the opposing team? During a game your team lost? :lol Sweet souvenir, dude.

Last edited:

Cotton

Staff member
Was this about that guy that stole the ball from a fan in the Bengals/Saints game? What a douche move. Anybody with a brain knew he was tossing the ball to the woman in the Bengals jersey.

On NFL radio this morning, they were saying the Saints released the guys name. He is a season ticket holder, and basically everyone is saying he's a dickhead that should have gave the ball back. Apparently, he's still refusing to return the ball, saying when it was tossed into the stands that it was fair game. Technically, I suppose he's correct. But that is still an asshole move. And for what? A football tossed into the stands from a player on the opposing team? During a game your team lost? :lol Sweet souvenir, dude.
Yeah, same situation and guy. Very much a dick move. The Saints team actually sent a ball up to her in the stands to make up for it, which was cool, and made this dude look like even more of a douche.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
For argument's sake, I'm going to play devil's advocate.

The poor guy is sitting in the stands watching his beloved Saints getting their asses handed to him and he's probably had to listen to Bengal fans whooping it up all afternoon. At some point bitterness & pettiness set in and the dude wasn't having it anymore. If he wasn't happy a Bengals fan damn sure wasn't going to be happy either.

Women always complain about equality. Well the guy gave her an equality lesson in sports stadium decorum. Snatched that ball from her as if she were a grown man.

As Chris Rock would say, I'm not saying he was right, but I understand.

Jiggyfly

Banned
For argument's sake, I'm going to play devil's advocate.

The poor guy is sitting in the stands watching his beloved Saints getting their asses handed to him and he's probably had to listen to Bengal fans whooping it up all afternoon. At some point bitterness & pettiness set in and the dude wasn't having it anymore. If he wasn't happy a Bengals fan damn sure wasn't going to be happy either.

Women always complain about equality. Well the guy gave her an equality lesson in sports stadium decorum. Snatched that ball from her as if she were a grown man.

As Chris Rock would say, I'm not saying he was right, but I understand.

Yeah that's the way I see as well, you could tell by the way he was looking he was pissed.:lol

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Oh boy. I can't wait for this riveting Steelers/Titans matchup.

So much to see here, I mean...err...uh...

Guys?

Hello?

Oh, so all I have is Steelers hate to even watch this turd matchup.

Might be enough.

Top Bottom