Watson for Dak?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yeah, you can't tag Dak. You just can't. It has to be a long term deal or cut ties.

Tagging him for 37 million flat out guarantees he will hit FA in 2022.

Dallas must sign him long term before the last day to rescind the tag, and preferably before the draft.

If it looks hopeless, then you have to draft a QB. It's not like this team is anywhere close to the level of quality on defense we need to win playoff games anyways.
Fine. You would do it one way , I would do it differently. Everyone got in a big hurry to sign Elliot also but as I said I would do it differently.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Fine. You would do it one way , I would do it differently. Everyone got in a big hurry to sign Elliot also but as I said I would do it differently.
Yeah, Elliott’s was a terrible contract.

And they may end up tagging Dak with the hope they can sign him before the franchise deal locks in place in June’s timeframe.

But it’s a loser play. Dak is totally in the drivers seat then. He can sign a huge FA deal with anyone the next year, and we would miss a chance to have drafted a QB in the top ten.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Huge difference between a rb and qb

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Ugh yeah and Zeke was only 3 years into a 5 year deal. Again, this is dumb, comparing apples to oranges. Me along with many others didn't want to give Zeke that deal.
all I’m saying I would have done that differently with Elliot and said so at the time. I didnt say the detsils of the Prescott deal was the same as Smith I said the circumstance is in that they both have injury considerations. That’s enough said about it.

data

Forbes #1
Looking for props on this post? Have a seat.
Did you even read some of the performance-based conditions of the contract? Figured you’d be slobbering all over this.

- Kaepernick's salary went down $2 million each year if he was not named first- or second-team All-Pro, or if the 49ers didn't play in the Super Bowl the previous season with 80% of the snaps taken by Kaepernick.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
No I didn’t read Kapernacks contract. I guess you think there are lots of safety probations but I will have to defer to the legal folk to sort that out. I am just taking a position that the diligence of knowing the complete recuperation of a player should be known before committing to a high dollar player.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'd do a straight up 1:1 deal if Dak was refusing to accept like 38-39/year, and was pushing for 40-45, or if it looked like he'd struggle to get back to where he was physically before the injury.

In lieu of those two scenarios I'd rather just keep Dak.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
If you franchise him again, you're just driving the eventual price up even more.

At the time of the signing he's going to be the highest paid. Do it now, build the defense, enjoy these couple years of elite WR and solid OL play and make a damn run.

I'd give him a 3 year deal if he wants it and draft another hungry ass QB in the 3rd or 4th round again this year.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I would be interested to see Will McClay's QB chart this draft.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd do a straight up 1:1 deal if Dak was refusing to accept like 38-39/year, and was pushing for 40-45, or if it looked like he'd struggle to get back to where he was physically before the injury.

In lieu of those two scenarios I'd rather just keep Dak.
I agree and in both those scenarios I doubt the Texans would want to do it

Top Bottom