Watson for Dak?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
So you guys would sign him with a blind eye to the injury that blew him up for a season and no diligence as to whether he can preform? You have more confidence in him having a solid recovery without proof than I do.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Nothing about this is like Jaylon Smith. Not the injury, not the attitude, literally nothing.
its obvious what the same thing is. They both had season ending injuries and in Smiths case he was signed with knowing the consequences of whether he could fully recover. Now Prescott is in the same mode.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
certainly not the performance/execution aspect either.
Are you referencing the pre or post injury circumstances? Pre injury both were good athletes. Post injury Smith was an unknown as to full recovery and to this point Prescott is in the same status.

p1_

DCC 4Life
So you guys would sign him with a blind eye to the injury that blew him up for a season and no diligence as to whether he can preform? You have more confidence in him having a solid recovery without proof than I do.
Im with you, and that boils down to tagging him this next season, pushing the long term deal further out if it happens at all. If he's not the same guy, then we have problems.
I see these 2 QBs as being very comparable, with Watson being a bit more dangerous as a runner. Strangely enough, thats the aspect of Daks game that will be much less of a threat I think. Dak will likely run far less than before.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Are you referencing the pre or post injury circumstances? Pre injury both were good athletes. Post injury Smith was an unknown as to full recovery and to this point Prescott is in the same status.
more comparing relative performance as Dallas Cowboys. That means post for Jaylon and pre for Dak. That for the comparison of team return on draft investment. i know its not fair for Smith. Dak is ROI gold, Jaylon not so much.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
more comparing relative performance as Dallas Cowboys. That means post for Jaylon and pre for Dak. That for the comparison of team return on draft investment. i know its not fair for Smith. Dak is ROI gold, Jaylon not so much.
No doubt that Dak in his non injury was a better performer.

p1_

DCC 4Life
has anyone seen anything on Daks current rehab condition?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Problem is you dont have a choice. You either sign him or tag him. Either way you are paying for him and no doubt other teams would pay if he hit FA.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Problem is you dont have a choice. You either sign him or tag him. Either way you are paying for him and no doubt other teams would pay if he hit FA.
Tag him. It’s a safer bet then if all is good you can work on a contract.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
its obvious what the same thing is. They both had season ending injuries and in Smiths case he was signed with knowing the consequences of whether he could fully recover. Now Prescott is in the same mode.
Jaylon Smith had an injury that threatened his career. A lot of people thought he'd never play again. Dak broke his ankle. So, no. Not the same.

Rev

Staff member
Tag him. It’s a safer bet then if all is good you can work on a contract.
Thats one way. I would rather just sign him because the price will only get worse if you wait. Should have already signed him.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Thats one way. I would rather just sign him because the price will only get worse if you wait. Should have already signed him.
But any amount is a waste if he isn’t recovered. Im not advocating economy, rather diligence to the highest degree.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Jaylon Smith had an injury that threatened his career. A lot of people thought he'd never play again. Dak broke his ankle. So, no. Not the same.
Didn’t say the injury was the same. I said the circumstance is the same. Common element is injury.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Didn’t say the injury was the same. I said the circumstance is the same. Common element is injury.
The circumstances are NOT the same. One probably should have ended a career. The other happens to players every year and they come back fine. The only thing that is common is, yeah. They were injured.

And in your first post you mentioned the question of if they'd fully recover. That was true for Jaylon. Nobody has ever suspected that of Dak.

Rev

Staff member
But any amount is a waste if he isn’t recovered. Im not advocating economy, rather diligence to the highest degree.
He could be healthy and on day 1 rebreak it. There are no guarantees.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jaylon was drafted after the injury. We signed him after he was fully healed and saw what he was. It actually shows you that even a fully healthy guy that you have film on can still fail miserably when you sign him.

Dak's injury is completely different. So no, don't see the similarity at all. Just throwing shit at the wall because Jaylon sucks. I'm sure we have monitored Dak's recovery the whole way. We know if it will be ok or not.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
And you probably just waisted yet more money and cap space doing your "due diligence "
Yeah, you can't tag Dak. You just can't. It has to be a long term deal or cut ties.

Tagging him for 37 million flat out guarantees he will hit FA in 2022.

Dallas must sign him long term before the last day to rescind the tag, and preferably before the draft.

If it looks hopeless, then you have to draft a QB. It's not like this team is anywhere close to the level of quality on defense we need to win playoff games anyways.

Top Bottom