Watkins: Five takeaways from the Cowboys' win over the Redskins, including Dak Prescott's perfect second half*

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is neither true nor what everyone was saying about a month ago as to why they were worried about Moore succeeding ("It's still Garrett's offense.")
I don't know who "everyone" is but it sure as shit wasn't me. You can't take 60 opinions and use the opinion of another person and try to use it in an argument against me. I never once said that Moore was going to be limited by Garrett's "playbook". I've been calling bullshit on that the entire time. Because 90% of the plays in the NFL are in everyone's playbook. It variations of those plays and what is called that is different. And any idiot can see we aren't calling the same plays as we did under Linehan and we aren't calling the same plays as we called prior to Linehan.

You still can't define what exactly Garrett brings to the team. It's like he is called the head coach so I guess we have to give him credit. But for what exactly? Can you define what he is doing out there that is unique, special or even good?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I don't know who "everyone" is but it sure as shit wasn't me. You can't take 60 opinions and use the opinion of another person and try to use it in an argument against me. I never once said that Moore was going to be limited by Garrett's "playbook". I've been calling bullshit on that the entire time. Because 90% of the plays in the NFL are in everyone's playbook. It variations of those plays and what is called that is different. And any idiot can see we aren't calling the same plays as we did under Linehan and we aren't calling the same plays as we called prior to Linehan.
Is Prescott one of those idiots?

Because he's on the record saying we are calling the same plays, just dressing it differently.

You still can't define what exactly Garrett brings to the team. It's like he is called the head coach so I guess we have to give him credit. But for what exactly? Can you define what he is doing out there that is unique, special or even good?
Garrett is the CEO of the team's day to day football operations. He sets the schedules, he sets the tempos, he sets the policies on conditioning, versus film study, versus practicing plays. He oversees the coordinators and he oversees the position coaches.

He selects the playbook. Yes, they are still his plays, and no, his offense isn't the West Coast offense or the Air Raid offense or other new fangled offenses, so no, it's not 90% the same as everyone elses.

He sets policy on aggressiveness, going for it on fourth downs, he influences game plans and player packages.

His hand is involved in and overseeing everything and making sure it all compliments each other.

That's what a head coach does.

Now, he's not calling the plays. He's not dictating the design of things as much as he used to: this is where Moore has come in. He's not teaching the position players the technique for rushing the passer, or blocking, or how to break in a route, or how to hold the ball, etc. That's the position coaches and the coordinators.

But Garrett is taking their ideas and melding it all together; that's the job of a head coach.

And the results he's been producing is more or less kicking the ass of a lot of other coaches in this league.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
And the results he's been producing is more or less kicking the ass of a lot of other coaches in this league.

Except when it counts.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
:lol

Schmitty is to Garrett as LT is to Heath.

Best just to smile and nod.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
~hides in closet~
Man, that got hot, quick!

Amazing this site didn't crash from the language and conflict, I'm so used to posting at "family friendly" sites, I assumed a site would collapse without nazi-esque moderation

I learn something new every day

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Anyone else here like Heath as a starter?
Heath needs to be 3rd sfaety, and when Wilson gets heslthy he will be.

right now it's just a pointless argument.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Except when it counts.
This post, it made me LOL because it's so true it hurts and it makes me want to cry but I have to LOL. Also rolled around on the floor as laughing.

So i just wanted you to know.

• Props
Reactions: Rev

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Anyone else here like Heath as a starter?
What matters is some publications like Heath. The Coaches like him. His team mates like him and made him a Captain and other fans like him so it doesn’t matter whether anyone else likes him.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Heath needs to be 3rd sfaety, and when Wilson gets heslthy he will be.

right now it's just a pointless argument.
It is and I’m fine with it but it just keeps coming back up.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
What matters is some publications like Heath. The Coaches like him. His team mates like him and made him a Captain and other fans like him so it doesn’t matter whether anyone else likes him.
By the way... He's a special teams captain. ~yawn~

It's certainly not for his shit-tacular defensive skills.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
By the way... He's a special teams captain. ~yawn~

It's certainly not for his shit-tacular defensive skills.
Why does it bother people that I like a certain player? My opinion is just that. I’m not trying to change anyone’s mind about him. I just like his playing style and that seems to be a crime? I know all the arguments about why he shouldn’t be in the position he is but the fact is he is there and if it’s a problem then voice your opposition to those that put him there but I see no point in giving me grief because I like the player.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Why does it bother people that I like a certain player? My opinion is just that. I’m not trying to change anyone’s mind about him. I just like his playing style and that seems to be a crime? I know all the arguments about why he shouldn’t be in the position he is but the fact is he is there and if it’s a problem then voice your opposition to those that put him there but I see no point in giving me grief because I like the player.
Does it annoy you?

Top Bottom