Ware Watch 2014

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

I don't see that happening.
I do. Not cap charge, but he'll get at least that in signing bonus.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
You know where I stand on that.

I can count in one hand how many big game performances and/or clutch sacks he had in his career.
Yes, he was a bit of a "compiler" when it came to sacks, but he also played the run extremely well, which no doubt helped us win games.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
You know where I stand on that.

I can count in one hand how many big game performances and/or clutch sacks he had in his career.
Just goes to show how you still think football is magic and dramatic music plays a big part in how the game is played. The problem was that for most of his career he was our only pass rusher. I've seen him get a clutch sack on one play and have the D give up an easy conversion on the next play. Should he have just gotten another sack and another and another?

Most of his career here he was our only pass rusher. Long before I blame Ware for not getting a team's worth of sacks by himself I'll blame Spencer and the DEs for adding no pressure whatsoever.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Just goes to show how you still think football is magic and dramatic music plays a big part in how the game is played. The problem was that for most of his career he was our only pass rusher. I've seen him get a clutch sack on one play and have the D give up an easy conversion on the next play. Should he have just gotten another sack and another and another?

Most of his career here he was our only pass rusher. Long before I blame Ware for not getting a team's worth of sacks by himself I'll blame Spencer and the DEs for adding no pressure whatsoever.
you can say that again

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I would think Jerry would have taken him back at $7M. He must be convinced he's going to get $10.
Jones may have offered $7 million and Ware may have turned him down. Ware probably thinks he will get more but I will be surprised if he gets a $10 mil offer from anyone. Could happen though. If so I still think he is on the bench after 6 or so games.

Last edited:

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Jones may have offered $7 million and Ware may have turned him down. Ware probably thinks he will get more but I will be surprised if he gets a $10 mil offer from anyone. Could happen though. If so I still think he. Is on the bench after 6 or so games.
I think it depends on how many snaps he gets. If he is part of a rotation and moves back to the 3-4 I think he could be healthier than he was here.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Broncos signed him at 3 for 30. Good for him.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Ware is a Bronco.

3 years 30 million with 20 million guaranteed.

I didn't think he'd get 10 mill a year, but this is the team that gave Aqib Talib 50 million.

Cotton

Staff member
Coughtimestampcough

D

Deuce

Well he said he would get it and he did. Elway is just throwing money around desperately trying to get that Super Bowl.

Cotton

Staff member
Well he said he would get it and he did. Elway is just throwing money around desperately trying to get that Super Bowl.
I never would have thought it.

D

Deuce

@AdamSchefter: DeMarcus Ware's Denver deal will pay him $13M this year - $250,000 more than he was scheduled to make from Cowboys, who released him Tues.

So all that handwringing and the dude actually gets a raise. :lol

Cotton

Staff member
Wow.

Top Bottom