Walker: Cowboys top trade, free agent options ahead of 2018 NFL deadline

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
What about Fitz? The Cards may be willing to let him go relatively cheap (for his sake), and he would be a legit option opposite Beasly.
Fitz would be a nice fit here. Id give up a 4th for him
I wouldn't. He only has this year left. Maybe one more after that. We aren't winning shit with only adding an aging WR. Keep the draft pick.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I wouldn't. He only has this year left. Maybe one more after that. We aren't winning shit with only adding an aging WR. Keep the draft pick.
Yes. This.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah totally agree with you there. The dude is 35 years old. No one should be giving up a fourth for that.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Yeah totally agree with you there. The dude is 35 years old. No one should be giving up a fourth for that.
If they wanted to trade him to a contender for a song to help the player out that would be fine. We ain't that though.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If they wanted to trade him to a contender for a song to help the player out that would be fine. We ain't that though.
Yeah I could see a team like the Pat's or someone giving up a sixth knowing he could get them a Superbowl. In Dallas it wouldn't make much sense.

For Dallas someone younger could make sense like Parker or Cooper but not for a premium pick.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Yeah I could see a team like the Pat's or someone giving up a sixth knowing he could get them a Superbowl. In Dallas it wouldn't make much sense.

For Dallas someone younger could make sense like Parker or Cooper but not for a premium pick.
I'd give a second for Cooper or Thomas.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Yeah the one guy I'd be cool with is Parker but is that even realistic? Do the Dolphins even want to dump him? I mean they are 4-2. It's not like they are ready for a fire sale. I think they are frauds and will fall off but I doubt that Dolphins agree with that. And obviously I'd want it at bargain basement prices given his history of injuries and the fact that he has barely played this season.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Make it a fourth and I may be in. His constant injuries worry me but I like the potential.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
I'd give a meatloaf sandwich with a side of baked beans, but not a steamship round of beef open faced on toast, au jus, with steak fries. That would be too much.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I'd give a meatloaf sandwich with a side of baked beans, but not a steamship round of beef open faced on toast, au jus, with steak fries. That would be too much.
You would have to go to joe’s barbecue to make the trade.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Keep your draft picks if a WR is what we want. We just won't get enough out of a WR as currently constituted.

Draft a WR if you want one. But trade for one that you'd have to pay real money to? Nah.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Keep your draft picks if a WR is what we want. We just won't get enough out of a WR as currently constituted.

Draft a WR if you want one. But trade for one that you'd have to pay real money to? Nah.
Exactly. I just dont see the value in giving up the draft picks. Free agency and the draft is where we should look at.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Exactly. I just dont see the value in giving up the draft picks. Free agency and the draft is where we should look at.
I have zero faith in us actually opening the purse in free agency. And the bargain shopping for players doesn't work. When a WR starved team like the Jags is cutting Allen Hurns, it's probably a sign he isn't much good anymore. But those are the biggest signing we have seen in a long time.

So really its draft or trade. And I'm ok with a day 3 pick being traded.

p1_

DCC 4Life
dont forget that they sat in the Sammy Watkins sweepstakes until it reached 3 years, 48mil.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I just heard the name Adam Humphries (Bucs) thrown out as a possibility as well.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Just bring in Terrelle Pryor and start a janky option offense....

At least it would be entertaining.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
dont forget that they sat in the Sammy Watkins sweepstakes until it reached 3 years, 48mil.
Yeah that's the problem, we are too cheap to make a run at the top free free agents.

Top Bottom