Vikings Stuff...

bbgun

resident pariah
Plantar fasciitis, ankle, quad, knee, etc. It's always something with him.

boozeman

Administrator

Why would he say this? What good could it possibly fucking do?

bbgun

resident pariah
First Scandy fires up the Eagles, now this. Fucking moron.

Iamtdg

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Most people would think DeMarcus Lawrence has sacked Eli Manning more, but Lawrence has sacked Kirk Cousins, whom he will see Sunday, the most, five to four. “He’s a guy that like to utilize his offensive weapons and does plays that transition to run plays, so I feel like his running game really helps his passing game and passing strengths a lot,” Lawrence said. “In order to get to Kirk Cousins six times, we got to stop the run.”

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer 52m ago

Couchcoach

This is none of Jerry's damn business. I can't even see someone from the Vikings organization saying this.
Just another one of those moments when fans of other teams look at us with a "WTF??" look.
And all we can do is shrug and say "We're used to it. He's an embarrassing idiot"

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
This is none of Jerry's damn business. I can't even see someone from the Vikings organization saying this.
Just another one of those moments when fans of other teams look at us with a "WTF??" look.
And all we can do is shrug and say "We're used to it. He's an embarrassing idiot"
I would think that Jones as GM and Owner of an NFL team would have at least the same right as a fan to make an observation about an opponent.

jsmith6919

I would think that Jones as GM and Owner of an NFL team would have at least the same right as a fan to make an observation about an opponent.
Of course he has the right to do so, but he should know better than to give our opponent bulletin board material to get them hyped up. Jerry's statements are going to get a lot of press as where Joe blow fan takes will get none...

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Of course he has the right to do so, but he should know better than to give our opponent bulletin board material to get them hyped up. Jerry's statements are going to get a lot of press as where Joe blow fan takes will get none...
Bulletin board materiel is only effective if you have the players that can rise to the occasion.

Couchcoach

I agree. But at the same time I think he should use discretion and tact when it comes to comments about players and coaches outside of his own organization. To me, his comments sounded like something someone in the Fox pregame studio would say.

boozeman

Administrator
Bulletin board materiel is only effective if you have the players that can rise to the occasion.
Cousins got called out several times this year and rose to the occasion each time. So there is that.

jsmith6919

Cousins got called out several times this year and rose to the occasion each time. So there is that.
Expanding on Dak saying we have the talent to beat any team, we also have the lack of heart to lose to any team. As evidenced by the loss to the fucking 1-7 Jets

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
As you love to say to disparage Aikman, it's a team game. You can't have it both ways now.
I don't disparage Aikman, I simply do not think he is the best position player at quarterback that has played for the Cowboys. He was fortunate to have an exceptional team around him.

Genghis Khan

he went further in the playoffs for sure. Plus, he was the gd punter.
To be fair, White had waaaaaay better coaching most of his career.

Romo might have won super bowls if he had prime Landry as his coach.

And I love Danny White, I think he is very underrated. I think Romo and White were pretty much on par with each other. Meredith probably was in the tier also but I never saw him play.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
To be fair, White had waaaaaay better coaching most of his career.

Romo might have won super bowls if he had prime Landry as his coach.

And I love Danny White, I think he is very underrated. I think Romo and White were pretty much on par with each other. Meredith probably was in the tier also but I never saw him play.
All of this is true and I think some don’t really understand what my position on Romo is. I am viewing the position of Quarterback and those who has occupied it. Take away the rest of the team and what the ream accomplished with playoffs and SuperBowls etc. just compare what the Quarterback accomplished as an individual at that position compared to others.
if Romo was plugged into any of the other Cowboys team I think he would have been able to do the same or just looking at the individual performances only and what they contributed to the team and Romo accomplished more as an individual in the position. I’m just judging the position performance and I think the individual stats will bear it out.