Vikings Stuff…

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
If he's not 100% sure he can play by Thursday, then he shouldn't be playing.

There's absolutely no reason or need to hurry him out there. While he's been productive this season, he hasn't been vital so they should let him get to a full 100% before having him return to the field.

p1_

DCC 4Life

There's absolutely no reason or need to hurry him out there. While he's been productive this season, he hasn't been vital so they should let him get to a full 100% before having him return to the field.
He’s not enjoying the TP show quite like we all are.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I think he knows, but he probably doesn't want to say. Mike made it pretty clear in his PC today (in a funny way) that he didn't like Tank telling the world about the details of his injuries.

I did hear Jane Slater say Zeke's knee was locking on him, which doesn't sound good. I hope if he does play it's not like last year where he shouldn't be out there.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think he knows, but he probably doesn't want to say. Mike made it pretty clear in his PC today (in a funny way) that he didn't like Tank telling the world about the details of his injuries.

I did hear Jane Slater say Zeke's knee was locking on him, which doesn't sound good. I hope if he does play it's not like last year where he shouldn't be out there.
I have a feeling that Lawrence goes down and out soon. Elliott will do exactly what he did last year which we endorsed.

The proof is his contract. I think that there is pressure for him to play mainly because of the "availability" thing the Joneses made in the decision with Cooper.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I know this is a fantasy evaluation, but some of these stats are kind of interesting on CeeDee. From Fantasypros:

Lamb is the WR9 in fantasy with a beautiful 32.1% target share (second-best), 33.3% target per route run rate (third), and 39.4% air yard share (sixth). He's also 11th in deep targets with a recent spike in red zone usage (five red zone targets over his last five games). Lamb has finished as the WR12 and WR1 over the last two weeks with Prescott back in the huddle. He's 13th in PFF receiving grade and ninth in yards per route run (minimum 15 targets). Lamb will run about 55% of his routes from the slot against Chandon Sullivan (84% catch rate, 118.4 passer rating). Minnesota has allowed the fifth-most fantasy points per game to opposing slot wide receivers. Lamb is a top-five wide receiver this week.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I know this is a fantasy evaluation, but some of these stats are kind of interesting on CeeDee. From Fantasypros:
Those numbers are impressive but more than anything we need Lamb to stop with the ad libs and business decisions that are contributing to these INTs.

I'm not out here trying to pretend that Dak doesn't shoulder blame for some of these INTs, but I've seen quite a few former players point out how Lamb not being disciplined with his route running has led to some of these INTs.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Those numbers are impressive but more than anything we need Lamb to stop with the ad libs and business decisions that are contributing to these INTs.

I'm not out here trying to pretend that Dak doesn't shoulder blame for some of these INTs, but I've seen quite a few former players point out how Lamb not being disciplined with his route running has led to some of these INTs.
I think when there's that many people in the middle of the field, that throw shouldn't even be attempted.

When the same problem happens over and over like this, at some point you just say that's not something our players do well, and look somewhere else.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think when there's that many people in the middle of the field, that throw shouldn't even be attempted.

When the same problem happens over and over like this, at some point you just say that's not something our players do well, and look somewhere else.
I think the problem is that is considered a great route to run against that particular coverage. It's just that Ceedee isn't reading or running it correctly and is leaving the QB hung out to dry. So if you abandon doing it, it makes it that much harder to beat certain coverages.

So I see why you could say to just stop trying that route against that coverage but I also see why Ceedee needs to just run the route correctly and we can connect on those plays for big yards.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I think the problem is that is considered a great route to run against that particular coverage. It's just that Ceedee isn't reading or running it correctly and is leaving the QB hung out to dry. So if you abandon doing it, it makes it that much harder to beat certain coverages.

So I see why you could say to just stop trying that route against that coverage but I also see why Ceedee needs to just run the route correctly and we can connect on those plays for big yards.
But to be fair, it's not always a clear black and white situation. These teams are good at disguising their coverages so that on the fly it's borderline how to read it. It's not like the player just made a braindead dumb decision. Teams have seen that that's the way we run it so they've purposely made it tough to read. I think some of that is on the QB to look somewhere else in that situation.

son of deadrise

DCC 4Life
I think Quinn needs to get over his trust issues and start playing Clark and Cox because we can't have dudes like LVE out there running slow and absorbing blocks instead of making plays.
Agree on LVE. Every time I see him he's going backward or chasing the play. I think he's the main reason the run defense sucks.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Someone needs to get up early (@Texas Ace) and start the chatter thread tomorrow. I want you to prove your control you have over our wins. You bring it tomorrow and you just very well could be cemented as our chatter thread starter forever. @1bigfan13 has fallen out of favor. What have you done for me lately and all that.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Lamb needs to get the hell in front of the safety.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Someone needs to get up early (@Texas Ace) and start the chatter thread tomorrow. I want you to prove your control you have over our wins. You bring it tomorrow and you just very well could be cemented as our chatter thread starter forever. @1bigfan13 has fallen out of favor. What have you done for me lately and all that.
Sounds like you are personally asking for homage.

Top Bottom