Video Game Chatter

D

Deuce

That's another stupid thing - the Kinect that they keep trying to force down people's throats.

During their Xbox One reveal, every time the guy on stage would say "Xbox power off" or something like that, it would turn off the Xbox's of people following the stream online through their consoles. :laff
Ya I heard that. :lol

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
For anyone who is a fan of dungeon crawler games in the vein of Diablo, check out Path of Exile. It's free to play and very good so far.

Last edited:

Smitty

DCC 4Life
E3 tomorrow. We expecting anything big?

PS I picked up Bioshock Infinite on sale for $28. Never played Bioshock 1 or 2. Any thoughts?

PPS The Call of Duty series has been commercialized to the point where I don't give a shit anymore. And I used to love those games. Now I don't even look for them when they go on sale. If it's like $4.99 at some point I might pick it up to check out the SP game but the last one I played -- MW2 -- the SP campaign wasn't even fun anymore.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
E3! Can't wait for Sony's announcement today.

We find out what all the PS4 will entail from a features standpoint, and we get an exact release date and price.

Schmitty, of course we're expecting something big. It's E3, dude. :lol

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Xbox conference is on now.

The new Xbox will be 500 bucks and release in November. It'll be interesting to see the PS4's price when their conference takes place tonight.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
Ain't no way I'm paying 500 for what they've shown so far.

Frick doggie breaches and moving fish

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Xbox conference is on now.

The new Xbox will be 500 bucks and release in November. It'll be interesting to see the PS4's price when their conference takes place tonight.
If I were Sony I'd come in at $400.00 and just slaughter the Xbox in sales. That price may hurt Sony's profit in the short term but I think they would have an opportunity to really dominate the gaming market and create greater long term profits. I'm guessing that Sony will come in at $500.00 as well based on the assumption that everyone will buy one system or the other and pay that money.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
If I were Sony I'd come in at $400.00 and just slaughter the Xbox in sales. That price may hurt Sony's profit in the short term but I think they would have an opportunity to really dominate the gaming market and create greater long term profits. I'm guessing that Sony will come in at $500.00 as well based on the assumption that everyone will buy one system or the other and pay that money.
I don't think it's a coincidence that Sony scheduled their conference about 8 hours after MS's. I think they wanted to crunch numbers and see how feasibly low they could get the PS4 in response to MS's price.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
MS's conference was ok.

The best thing I saw was MGS5, which is also a PS4 game.

After that? Most of those "Exclusives" were all futuristic FPS's......which we already have a ton of.

Sony has a chance to really knock it out of the park tonight. I hope they don't disappoint.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Notice that MS didn't even mention the online connection thing or the used games thing. They are gonna wanna avoid that for now.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Was it just a presentation? No Q&A?
Yes.

The stage time is just a big presentation. Usually throughout the week they'll answer questions from the press.

It's just that people usually want these companies to touch on the big question marks at these conferences. So with Sony, everyone is expecting them to show what the thing looks like, the price, and whether they'll copy MS in anyway in relation to the used games and online thing. If they don't touch these subjects tonight, people will be disappointed just as they were with MS for not talking about 2 very controversial topics.

D

Deuce

If Sony doesn't touch those subjects, my guess is it means they are following suit. Otherwise, they should make it a point to let people know they aren't retarded like that.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
If Sony doesn't touch those subjects, my guess is it means they are following suit. Otherwise, they should make it a point to let people know they aren't retarded like that.
Right.

The CEO already said it doesn't need to be online a few weeks ago, so I'm sure that won't be an issue. I just hope Sony doesn't follow MS's lead in the used games thing.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
EA conference about to start. Hopefully we get some in-game footage of their new sports games and not pre-rendered vids.

I still expect Madden to suck, but we'll see. However, I'm really eager to see what FIFA and NBA Live bring to the table.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I hope they talk about FIFA 14.
:towel

The sports games are always a big deal at EA's conferences. I think they'll spend a lot of time on NBA Live being as it's coming back after a 3 year hiatus. I'm a 2K fan, but competition is always good and I want to see what Live looks like at this point.

Top Bottom