Video Game Chatter

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
Microsoft's big launch in 2014....Titanfall.... coming out in 4 days....any thoughts? It's not on PS4.... but it is on PC.

I'm concerned that it's Call of Duty -- multiplayer only, no less, there's no single player campaign -- with mechs.
I played the Titanfall beta. I thought it was cool but I suck at FPS games so I didn't play it very long. It certainly looked great and the mechs were cool.

I didn't realize that it didn't have a single player campaign... That would prevent me from buying it as a guy who has yet to develop MP skills on a console.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I played the Titanfall beta. I thought it was cool but I suck at FPS games so I didn't play it very long. It certainly looked great and the mechs were cool.

I didn't realize that it didn't have a single player campaign... That would prevent me from buying it as a guy who has yet to develop MP skills on a console.
Funny you say that because the BF community keeps complaining about the fact that BF has a campaign now. :lol

BF didn't have a campaign until a few years ago, and the community (myself included) believes that they'd be better off just using all of their resources to the MP part of the game like they used to.

Each game is different, though, because I couldn't imagine a COD without a campaign.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I played AC4 for about ten minutes and HATED the combat with a passion. You all owe me 59 bucks.
Keep playing.

This is not some uber exciting game, so know that off the bat. But AC has always been a notoriously slow starting game, so much so that I don't really play them.

But Black Flag is a good game and it will get better if you put in the time.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
Keep playing.

This is not some uber exciting game, so know that off the bat. But AC has always been a notoriously slow starting game, so much so that I don't really play them.

But Black Flag is a good game and it will get better if you put in the time.
Ok, I'll try it again when I get the time, but I'm coming after you if it continues to suck.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
I was really looking forward to Thief, but man it's getting killed in user reviews.

D

Deuce

Irrational, developer of the 2 Bioshocks, has shut down. They retained a small staff to keep making small Indy games but they're done with AAA titles. Too much cost of time and money.

2k still owns the rights to Bioshock and they plan to get a new team on it but when does switching developers ever help?

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
I really really suck at it, but I'm really enjoying CoD. I'm getting better, but man... Some of these guys are amazing.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I really really suck at it, but I'm really enjoying CoD. I'm getting better, but man... Some of these guys are amazing.
You've probably gotten killed a few times by my son. Kid is really good at it.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I'm pretty good at FPS's, and my stats speak for themselves. :geek

But just when I start feeling good about myself, I run into guys who go like 60-something and 2 for the whole game and then I realize I'm just an average Joe. :lol

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
My 13 year old sister in law is a beast at Call of Duty, but she's never played Ghosts... She came over this weekend and was destroying people. And she was talking shit to everyone involved, it was great. Plus she was playing on my account so she leveled me up a lot, which was nice.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
Once I figure out aiming accurately on the run, I will be awesome. But I really need a lot of practice.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Once I figure out aiming accurately on the run, I will be awesome. But I really need a lot of practice.
That's my biggest problem. Coordinating running with shooting. I just got really frustrated with it and quit playing. Mainly because my son was kicking my ass. :unsure

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Irrational, developer of the 2 Bioshocks, has shut down. They retained a small staff to keep making small Indy games but they're done with AAA titles. Too much cost of time and money.

2k still owns the rights to Bioshock and they plan to get a new team on it but when does switching developers ever help?
Kickstarter may be the future of video games.

AAA titles just cost too much in time and money.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Dead Nation on PS4 is free on PS+ right now, and it's pretty fun to play co-op.

Speaking of which.... [MENTION=12]Deuce[/MENTION], we never did finish on PS3.

Last edited:

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
[MENTION=31]Bob Roberts[/MENTION] - Black Flag get any better for you?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I haven't had a chance to play it much, but I have been running around the port city chasing guys (like I do on most Saturday nights).

It is getting better, but I still do not like the combat.
I think the best combat I've seen from an open world-ish game like this is from the Batman Arkham games.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
For those of you with PS4's, I'm sure you know that the battery life on the DS4 is not as good as the DS3 was. Probably the biggest reason for that is because of the big ass blue light on top of it.

So it's nice to find out that in Sony's next firmware update for the PS4 will be the option to turn that light off, thereby extending the battery life.

Top Bottom