Video Game Chatter

Carp

DCC 4Life
Anyonen get Madden?

I am really enjoying NCAA.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
Afterward I built a home server with so far 15 TB of storage on an AMD platform for about $1000 so far. I can add a 3TB HD a month of $120 to $140 or so to store all my pics, vids and music. Amazing, 5 years ago this would have been nearly unthinkable for a home user. Win 8 makes a great server setup FYI.
Where do you get all the music and videos?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Where's the best place/site to buy PC games from?

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Where do you get all the music and videos?
I occasionally buy new stuff when it comes out if I really liked it in the theaters. For the most part I keep an eye on the sales racks at BB or Wally world or Target. Usually after 6 months or so you can find previously released blu ray stuff for 7-15 bucks. I have about 200 BR discs and another hundred or so DVDs; movies or series. I have all the JAG series, Rat Patrol, Wanted Dead or Alive, Bewitched, I Dream of Jeanie (Barbara Eden is still decent looking in her 80s) John Wayne, Steve McQueen stuff. I look for it all the time. . Music I've been converting to digital for years or I buy Itunes or amazon stuff. Amazon has $5 and less albums all the time.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I use STEAM and UPLAY alot. Between them they seem to have most of the big releases covered and they have ridiculous sales all the time. You download their software onto the PC and then it's an online store. Both new and classic games. I'm sure there are others, but those are the 2 I know about and use.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Steam.

If you play PC games, you need Steam. It's a game management software that also lets you have friends lists, access to the store, etc.

Best part is, you can install the games anywhere you log in. Once you own a game on Steam, you own it on any computer you can play it on. It's managed by where you log in and install a game, you can't be loggin in two places at once though.

If you get it let me know, I'm on Steam.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Steam.

If you play PC games, you need Steam. It's a game management software that also lets you have friends lists, access to the store, etc.

Best part is, you can install the games anywhere you log in. Once you own a game on Steam, you own it on any computer you can play it on. It's managed by where you log in and install a game, you can't be loggin in two places at once though.

I get my machine tomorrow, so I plan on getting started tomorrow night.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Steam.

Are you the same name on Steam as here?

Carp

DCC 4Life
If Madden is any indication we are going to get raped against the run.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Madden is mostly the same, but the faraway camera angle before the snap kind of sucks.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
I traded in The Last of Us at GameStop and picked up Borderlands 2 (PC) and Dragon Age Origins(PS3) which I hear is an amazing game.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I traded in The Last of Us at GameStop and picked up Borderlands 2 (PC) and Dragon Age Origins(PS3) which I hear is an amazing game.
Borderlands 2 is fun. You will enjoy it.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
Borderlands 2 is fun. You will enjoy it.
I've heard good things and just a few minutes in, it seems cool. I never played the first one so I don't know if that will take away from my enjoyment.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
It's early, but GTA5 is pretty good so far.

Let's see if it keeps me interested.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I played my first game online in Madden 25.

I lost 23-21 on a last second FG. I'm surprised I was able to hold my own because I haven't put in as much time on the game as I'd like to.

I'm guessing my opponent wasn't a professional cheeser because he used the 49ers and I was expecting him to kill me with read options and such but he rarely ran those plays. He did do a lot of hurry up but that was about it.

Last edited:

Carp

DCC 4Life
I am enjoying NCAA quite a bit. Picked Minn and am in the second year of a dynasty...they definitely fixed recruiting and overall the gameplay is excellent. Not sure if they had it before, but they mention your new freshman and make a big deal of it when they score, sack, tackle, etc.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I played my first game online in Madden 25.

I lost 23-21 on a last second FG. I'm surprised I was able to hold my own because I haven't put in as much time on the game as I'd like to.

I'm guessing my opponent was professional cheeser because he used the 49ers and I was expecting him to kill me with read options and such but he rarely ran those plays. He did do a lot of hurry up but that was about it.
It is amazing how quickly it changes when playing on-line.

The first week...lots of low scoring games...little cheese.

Now, every swinging dick is running nanos and rage quitting but getting wins by disconnecting.

Top Bottom