Video Game Chatter

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Half-Life 1 &2 made me physically ill. I think it was the combination of the color scheme and the motion. It's the only game where I felt this way.
It's weird because I have no problem playing games like Call of Duty or Bio Shock.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Oh cool, there's actually an illegal touching penalty now.

And the transition for when you intercept the ball and go the other way is nicer looking. The screen doesn't instantly flip around like it used to. Hard to explain, but it's better.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Who are the teams on the demo?
Michigan vs Ohio State which was ok.

Oregon vs Texas A&M which I didn't like.

VA Tech vs Alabama which is enjoyable because they both plays offensive styles more suited to my style.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
BTW, the foot planting thing that was mentioned in the current gen Madden impressions I posted the other day are pretty cool.

If it works well here, then it should be even better on the next-gen versions.

D

Deuce

Who are the teams on the demo?
Bama v Virginia Tech
Oregon v Texas AM
Ohio St v Michigan

Not bad teams to play with and one's a big rivalry game, but feh. If Michigan still had Shoelace, it'd be more interesting.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
It's weird because I have no problem playing games like Call of Duty or Bio Shock.
That's odd. I'm playing Bioshock Infinite right now and it actually makes my head spin a little (not that I ever get sick) but I do feel disoriented.

But I never felt that way with Uncharted.

D

Deuce

I've never felt that way with any game. You should all see a Neurologist.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I could probably be talked into getting NCAA14.

I need the recruiting to be less time consuming though. I ate up ridiculous amounts of time because there were SOOO many guys to recruit and you had to go through a laundry list of steps every week just to stay on top of each one.

That's another reason they need a college basketball game again. Recruiting only 5-10 guys a year is so much easier than 30-40.

D

Deuce

I could probably be talked into getting NCAA14.

I need the recruiting to be less time consuming though. I ate up ridiculous amounts of time because there were SOOO many guys to recruit and you had to go through a laundry list of steps every week just to stay on top of each one.

That's another reason they need a college basketball game again. Recruiting only 5-10 guys a year is so much easier than 30-40.
Supposedly the recruiting is changed a lot which makes for saving time. That's one of the things I read about on the demo. But I think your strategy was off which is why it took so long. I only ever recruited 10 guys at a time giving them maximum time each. It makes the process much easier and faster.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I will get NCAA and Madden...no need to talk me into shit. People always bitch and gripe about certain aspects of the games, but they are still fun regardless.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I will get NCAA and Madden...no need to talk me into shit. People always bitch and gripe about certain aspects of the games, but they are still fun regardless.
I'll get Madden, but it won't be until it's out on PS4.

As for NCAA, I didn't really care for 2012, but 2009-2011 were all very good. 2011 is the best football game of the PS3 era.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
VA Tech has no damn speed at all.

Oregon is a fun team to play with, but their playbook sucks.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I don't like being the real good teams in NCAA. I like to build a team from the ashes. Take a Vanderbilt, Duke, Kansas type team and build them into a powerhouse.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Speaking of PS4, who here is making it a day one or week one purchase?

Besides myself, I only know of Schmitty doing so.

Top Bottom