Video Game Chatter

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
I am only about 45 minutes in. I have family in from out of town so my play time is limited. I just got to the part where you agree to help the firefly chick if she will give you the guns back. I haven't even met Ellie yet.

Sweet game so far tho.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
Also I like that the chick I'm with right now calls me "Texas". I'm going to make my wife start calling me that.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Also I like that the chick I'm with right now calls me "Texas". I'm going to make my wife start calling me that.
Yea, that was cool.

The game starts off in what looks like central Texas. Where else would our hero be from? :art

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I wonder if I'll be invited to The Last of Us/Texas Ace wedding.
Of course.

Being as a lot of the infected in this game strongly resemble Michelle Rodriguez, there's no way I could rob you of the opportunity of being in their company.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
Ace, I have a Nice Logitech Bluetooth headset that I use for PC gaming... I want to use it for my PS3.... It finds it in a scan and accepts it but I can't get audio through the headphones.

What am I doing wrong?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I can't believe a company as big and experienced as Microsoft has dropped the ball like this:

---------------------------------------

Gregor Ivezic ‏@gi4ouR 12 Jun
Xbox One will block activation of games if outside of the IP range of a supported country? What if i travel a lot? @XboxSupport

Xbox Support 2 ‏@XboxSupport2 12 Jun
@gi4ouR You'll be able to play when you return home. I travel with an Xbox 360 for road gaming. ^PS

-------------------------------------------------------------------

It's a pretty long and comical thread on Twitter that can be viewed here: https://twitter.com/gi4ouR/status/344929544492429313

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
So basically if I were to deploy again and had an internet connection I still wouldn't be able to play because the game is not supported in the Middle East.

Nice.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Ace, I have a Nice Logitech Bluetooth headset that I use for PC gaming... I want to use it for my PS3.... It finds it in a scan and accepts it but I can't get audio through the headphones.

What am I doing wrong?
Ok, what was the last item you used as a headset/mic?

Whether or not you used another, you may have to go into the accessory settings and change your input/output settings:

Settings>Accessory Settings>Audio Device Settings

In there, you should be able to test out the device to make sure you can both hear and talk into it.

Let me know if that works.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
So basically if I were to deploy again and had an internet connection I still wouldn't be able to play because the game is not supported in the Middle East.

Nice.
:lol

Yes, it's almost too funny to be true. You almost feel like MS is gonna come out and admit they were trolling us all along.

But back to the topic at hand, get this.......one of the fan favorite games from E3 that is also an Xbox exclusive is called The Witcher 3. Well guess what? Due to this stupid IP thing, the company who makes that game would not be able to play it in their home country of Poland. :laff

You suck Xbox.

tnt

Whoa An Active DCCer
My kill zone PS4 launch day version has been ordered.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
My kill zone PS4 launch day version has been ordered.
Killzone fan, eh?

It does look really good, but I was never all that impressed by the other games. They were solid, but nothing special, IMO.

For me, it looks like Battlefield 4, Madden and FIFA will definitely be launch day buys for me. The Division will be as well if it ends up being a day one game.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
Microsoft hates the troops and America.

Seriously, they're going to write books about how much they fricked up a good thing if nothing changes.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I can't believe a company as big and experienced as Microsoft has dropped the ball like this:

---------------------------------------

Gregor Ivezic ‏@gi4ouR 12 Jun
Xbox One will block activation of games if outside of the IP range of a supported country? What if i travel a lot? @XboxSupport

Xbox Support 2 ‏@XboxSupport2 12 Jun
@gi4ouR You'll be able to play when you return home. I travel with an Xbox 360 for road gaming. ^PS

-------------------------------------------------------------------

It's a pretty long and comical thread on Twitter that can be viewed here: https://twitter.com/gi4ouR/status/344929544492429313
I mean, it's one thing to make a business decision and stick by it. Microsoft could just as easily say "Yeah, in your case, you will not be able to use our system. However, we think this design decision gives the greatest number of people the best possible experience and we are gonna stick by it."

Instead, they have chosen to make one demeaning, snarky statement after another. A couple months ago, an MS employee said on Twitter "Get over it."

Now, they are saying "You'll be able to play when you get home." Lulz. No shit you'll be able to play when you get home. He was asking about when he's not home. What a self-serving douchebag response.

Xbox deserves to lose this console war solely for the fact that they are saying "We don't give a shit what you think, you'll buy our product because we tell you to." Whoever is running their PR needs to be shitcanned.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Instead, they have chosen to make one demeaning, snarky statement after another. A couple months ago, an MS employee said on Twitter "Get over it."

Whoever is running their PR needs to be shitcanned.
Exactly.

It's those comments that have turned people off as much as the restrictions on the console.

One of their reps said last week when asked what would people do who couldn't get online, his response was "We have an option for those want to play offline - it's called Xbox 360"

:doh

No, dickface.....it's called PS4.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
If there has ever been worse pre launch than the new Xbox has had, I can't remember it.

D

Deuce

I can see why they are marketing their product this way, I just don't understand the tone they are doing it. They are creating an "all everything machine" for the house. Hence the "One" name. They arent targeting gaming audience anymore, they are targeting everyone and every need. I get that and I get that you have to be home and on wifi to make it work right. Cool.

But why not just say that over and over again and apologize that people can't use it like just the normal gaming machine? Do it in a nice way and promote the 360 as a better option for certain people and its no big deal. Making comments the way they have done so far is just ludicre.

Top Bottom