Video Game Chatter

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
WoW was never about graphics. Shit, it came out almost 10 years ago and it's still the #1 MMO in the world.

I can't stand it now and haven't played it in a year, but it's the greatest MMO of all time and better graphics alone won't trump it. There have been many MMO's with better graphics that tried to take on wow and failed miserably.
Many have been predicting the demise of WOW. Nothing against the game, it has had amazing staying power. It's just that the number of players playing it lately have been on a steep decline. I never really played WOW but man I loved Diablo II back in the day.

What I am most excited about with Elder Scrolls Online is that it is available on PS4. I'm not a computer gamer anymore and would much rather prefer playing a game like that on my Playstation.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Speaking of graphics, I'd say that only 2 games (that I've seen, at least) shown over the last 2 days that actually looks like a significant, albeit not great, improvement in graphics.

One was Need for Speed:

The other was The Division which I posted above. It looks really nice.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
:lol

Microsoft just doesn't get it.

Here's their response to people who won't have access to a constant connection to the internet:

For those who don't have an Internet connection--Mattrick brought up an example of a person living on a submarine--he pointed out that the Xbox 360 is not going away anytime soon.

"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity; it's called Xbox 360," Mattrick said. "If you have zero access to the Internet, that is an offline device."

What? You can't play Xbox One? Sorry, go get a 360 if you wanna play an Xbox so bad.

I'm guessing that isn't making the best impression on military peeps like 1big.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
:lol

Microsoft just doesn't get it.

Here's their response to people who won't have access to a constant connection to the internet:

What? You can't play Xbox One? Sorry, go get a 360 if you wanna play an Xbox so bad.

I'm guessing that isn't making the best impression on military peeps like 1big.
Microsoft just doesn't get it. Honestly those comments are insulting if anything.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Microsoft just doesn't get it. Honestly those comments are insulting if anything.
It comes off as being very douchey.

I mean, people are obviously going to want to play next-gen consoles, not 360's. If they wanted to play a 360, then they wouldn't be concerned about the network issues surrounding the XB1, douchebag.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
Many have been predicting the demise of WOW. Nothing against the game, it has had amazing staying power. It's just that the number of players playing it lately have been on a steep decline. I never really played WOW but man I loved Diablo II back in the day.

What I am most excited about with Elder Scrolls Online is that it is available on PS4. I'm not a computer gamer anymore and would much rather prefer playing a game like that on my Playstation.
Oh yeah, don't get me wrong... WoW is definitely on the way out. The last two expansions have just been meh.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Oh yeah, don't get me wrong... WoW is definitely on the way out. The last two expansions have just been meh.
My kid wanted to set one of those up a couple of years ago.

I said no. .wasn't paying for that and I did not want him to shove a remote up his butt.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Hands on impressions of next-gen Madden from E3:

Finally.

Madden NFL 25 has redesigned pass blocking with its new targeting system, which is the foundation of the battle in the trenches. Offensive and defensive lineman are more physical and intelligent, but unfortunately you won’t notice any of this until you pop Madden NFL 25 into your Xbox One – hopefully you have patience, and, well, an Internet connection.

Here are a few bullet points regarding Madden NFL 25:

Double team pass blocking
300 new pass rush animations
On passing plays, tackles set up the edge rush to create the width of the pocket, guards and center create the depth of the pocket
The QB has a pocket, and not just a pretend one anymore
No two pockets will look the same.
Offensive lineman will double team and abort double teams when they sniff out a blitz
If a blocker can't get to a defender in time, he will chip to try to slow him down or adjust his path.

Hands-On Impressions

The Hands-on was extremely limited. So limited as in we took control of Adrian Peterson on a dive and sweep play on the Rookie difficulty setting.

The blocking improvements and running animations looked good, but it wasn't eye-popping beautiful as was the hope. I really thought I was going to be blown away by the graphics, but that didn't happen. Saw quite a few different animations, which might be in the current-gen of Madden NFL 25 as well. One animation had Peterson hurdling a defender, only to be spun around like a helicopter from a hit from another defender. It looked amazing, not sure how often that would happen, but I only saw it once.

For those doubting double team pass blocking, stop worrying. I saw it quite a few times as the producers were showing actual gameplay and going into slow motion replay to showcase how much the pass blocking has improved. You could see the double team pass blocking on almost every occasion, especially when the defense didn't send a blitz. Even when they did send a blitz, you could see a quick double team, then be smart enough to quickly release and engage with the blitzing defender.

Pursuit angles, foot planting and blocking impressed me. Check back at OS later in the week for more impressions of Madden NFL 25.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Amazon.com's poll with some clever editing from the interwebz - the guy in the pic is president of Playstation division:

Amazon is currently holding a Facebook vote to say which is your console of choice and, at time of writing, the PS4 is beating the Xbox One by over 17 times – 14,479 vs 884. The vote continues for a week, and you can check on its progress/vote here.

Meanwhile, the launch-guaranteed version of the PS4 has sold out on Amazon, but still remains as the no.1 best selling gaming product. The listing reads:

The standard version of the PlayStation 4 is identical to the Launch Edition. Due to high demand, we cannot guarantee Release-Date Delivery on the standard version of the PlayStation 4. We will deliver the standard version of PlayStation 4 as close to its release date as possible.

The non-launch guaranteed PS4, or ‘standard version’, has raced up to number 3 in best sales, and will presumably soon overtake the Launch Edition which can no longer be bought. The Xbox One, however, has remained at number 2, showing that there is still some demand for it, albeit not as much as for the PS4.
https://www.facebook.com/AmazonVideoGames?v=app_153839431317646&rest=1

It is now at over 16K for PS4, and 900 for XB1.

Last edited:

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Meanwhile, the launch-guaranteed version of the PS4 has sold out on Amazon, but still remains as the no.1 best selling gaming product. The listing reads:

The standard version of the PlayStation 4 is identical to the Launch Edition. Due to high demand, we cannot guarantee Release-Date Delivery on the standard version of the PlayStation 4. We will deliver the standard version of PlayStation 4 as close to its release date as possible.

The non-launch guaranteed PS4, or ‘standard version’, has raced up to number 3 in best sales, and will presumably soon overtake the Launch Edition which can no longer be bought.
That is some sweet news.

I preordered two PS4s.... one from Amazon and one from Newegg. And I got a "launch version" from Amazon.

Why?

Remember back in 2006 when the PS3 came out? It looked like a breadline during the Great Depression to get one of those things on release day. The stores completely ran out due to the number of preorders. People were lining up like 48 hours in advance and then when the retail stores opened (often at midnight), like the first 10 people got one, and then they were out.

Demand was so high -- since it was right in time for the Christmas season -- that people were buying them on ebay for like $1500, for a console that retailed at $599.

I'm hedging my bets that this is gonna happen again. Given the dual news that

1) Amazon has run out of guaranteed Launch Day availability after 1 day of preorders, and
2) Now non-guaranteed launch day availability preorders are overtaking the guaranteed ones...

This is some strong evidence that availability for the holiday season at retail stores is going to be extremely limited.

If second-hand sale prices skyrocket again due to demand, and I can get, say, double the retail value, I basically can sell one of the PS4s for $800 and keep the other one, and I basically get a free PS4.

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If second-hand sale prices skyrocket again due to demand, and I can get, say, double the retail value, I basically can sell one of the PS4s for $800 and keep the other one, and I basically get a free PS4.

And if they don't...

I think you are absolutely right though. Plus I'm sure you can return the extra or sell it to someone for face value. Hell now you have me feeling like I should have already preordered one.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
I love it. People are even ordering the 'you'll get it whenever the frick we send it to you' version.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
And if they don't...

I think you are absolutely right though. Plus I'm sure you can return the extra or sell it to someone for face value. Hell now you have me feeling like I should have already preordered one.
If prices don't double?

Even if I can't return it, I'm still sure I will have no problem selling a brand new, never opened PS4 at Christmastime on eBay or craigslist for retail price. There's no risk.

Looks like you are too late though. Word on the net is that the guaranteed launch day preorders all sold out loooooooong ago.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I love it. People are even ordering the 'you'll get it whenever the frick we send it to you' version.
The "you'll get it whenever the frick we send it to you" version orders will soon outnumber the guaranteed launch day orders.

I'm gonna make a killing on this. :art

I may have to sell both of my preorders, pocket the ridiculous profits for both of them, and then just buy one at retail 6 months later.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'm slightly disappointed with the game reveals at E3.

No Fallout 4. No Uncharted 4.

Nothing that I look at and drool over.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If prices don't double?

Even if I can't return it, I'm still sure I will have no problem selling a brand new, never opened PS4 at Christmastime on eBay or craigslist for retail price. There's no risk.

Looks like you are too late though. Word on the net is that the guaranteed launch day preorders all sold out loooooooong ago.
So $800.00 you say... We will see how desperate I get.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I'm slightly disappointed with the game reveals at E3.

No Fallout 4. No Uncharted 4.

Nothing that I look at and drool over.
Same here.

There were a few cool games, but nothing that blew me away or has me overly excited.

Top Bottom