Video Game Chatter

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The demo for the Final Fantasy 7 remake dropped a couple of days ago and I finally had time to play it today. The game play, at least on the normal level, is completely different from the original turn-based system used in the 1997 game. IMO, it now fits more into the action-adventure category than a RPG.

The remake makes use of voice actors whereas the original only used text-based dialogue. But even with that difference the character mannerisms hold true to form compared to the original version.

The full version of the game comes out April 10, 2020. That'll be the last video game that I buy as I will officially be hanging up my joysticks at the end of this year after 34 years of gaming. Feels like the perfect way to go out....playing a remake of my favorite video game of all time.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
The demo for the Final Fantasy 7 remake dropped a couple of days ago and I finally had time to play it today. The game play, at least on the normal level, is completely different from the original turn-based system used in the 1997 game. IMO, it now fits more into the action-adventure category than a RPG.

The remake makes use of voice actors whereas the original only used text-based dialogue. But even with that difference the character mannerisms hold true to form compared to the original version.

The full version of the game comes out April 10, 2020. That'll be the last video game that I buy as I will officially be hanging up my joysticks at the end of this year after 34 years of gaming. Feels like the perfect way to go out....playing a remake of my favorite video game of all time.
.... why?

junk

Not So New Member
Haha it's sad but true. My wife would kill me if I played video games while she chased the little one around the house right now.
You can find time to play, but for me, I get a very limited amount of time that is "mine" now. Usually after the kids and wife go to bed.

So, you can sacrifice sleep and play video games, but that is the only time to watch TV, read, get anything done, etc.

Wait until you have more than one........

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You can find time to play, but for me, I get a very limited amount of time that is "mine" now. Usually after the kids and wife go to bed.

So, you can sacrifice sleep and play video games, but that is the only time to watch TV, read, get anything done, etc.

I couldn't even imagine having another one right now. A one year old is a handful.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
What are the other hobbies/interests?
Watching movies, BBQing/cooking, obviously watching sports, and I'm in the early stages of transitioning into the cyber security and open source analysis fields.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I never thought I'd see this day, but even I scaled back on the game playing over the last 15 months.

This has been the first year of my entire life as a gamer where I didn't play multiple days a week.

Now I play once a week, sometimes once every 2 weeks.

I don't play as much, but I'm still a monster at Battlefield though. :art

Attachments

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'll be honest I haven't played a video game since my daughter was born a little over a year ago. I'm hoping once she gets a little older I'll have more free time again.
Its definitely way harder to find time. I have two kids now ... but sometimes dad just has to stay up till 2 am to get some time in...

Smitty

DCC 4Life

Yup. I can function on 6 hours of sleep so I can with some regularity play when wife and kids go to sleep, maybe 9-11 or 10-12.

DontCryWolfe

DCC 4Life
Currently bouncing between COD and Halo.

I’m dying for a great single player on Xbox. I can’t play through Skyrim one more time, and i’ve already beaten or played all the classics.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

I’m dying for a great single player on Xbox. I can’t play through Skyrim one more time, and i’ve already beaten or played all the classics.
Find an old phone and play Snake.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Outer Worlds?

I've only put in about an hour but it seems cool. Same company did fallout new vegas.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

Have you ever played the Witcher 3?

Cause if not, stop what you are doing, risk the social distancing, and go find an open Best Buy and get it today. The game of the year edition with all the DLC.

Thank me later.

My authority to speak on this subject: 500 hours in Skyrim. The Witcher 3 is better.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Have you ever played the Witcher 3?

Cause if not, stop what you are doing, risk the social distancing, and go find an open Best Buy and get it today. The game of the year edition with all the DLC.

Thank me later.

Yes, The Witcher 3 is one of the greatest ever.

Top Bottom