Video Game Chatter

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
This will be the year that I finally jump back into playing baseball video games. I don’t think I’ve bought a baseball game since the early 2000s back when ‘Triple Play’ was still the gold standard.

I’m debating whether or not I should spend the extra money to buy this year’s version of ‘The Show’. I’m leaning towards just paying half the price and buying last year’s version.

For the hardcore ‘The Show’ players who play the game year after year, are there any new features in this year’s version that makes it worth spending the extra money?
I don't have this year's and haven't gotten it in like 2 or 3 years, but my advice to someone who doesn't own any recent versions of the game is to always get the newest.

Why wouldn't you? Then you can hold on to this one for the next 2, 3,or 4 years.

But if you're looking for some Pros and Cons for this one compared to past years', check this out:

http://www.operationsports.com/features/2724/mlb-the-show-17-is-it-a-buy/

For me personally the ball physics alone are worth the purchase. Watching the flight of the ball is just tremendous. IT looks great.

A buy!

I respectfully disagree with the notion that not enough is improved. As great as The Show has been for years, there are plenty of improvements. The first time the ball comes off the bat you can tell its a different game.

I'm even loving the minor modes. Batting practice is really fun.

For me a definate MUST MUST buy!!

The new ball physics and, tons and animations and the amazing graphical upgrade makes this feel like a whole new game.

If that does not convince you, look at it this way : go a night on the town, you will spend way more money and the next morning it's all gone (ok besides great memories and a hangover).

Paying around 50 bucks for a game that i will be playing for months sounds like a great deal to me.

D

Deuce

The Show has been the best sports game of any sport or platform going on 5 years. They don't screw with a great formula and always make a few minor tweaks that enhance it.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
They STILL haven't fixed the pitching management problems. Sometimes a middle reliever will be in there for 100+ pitches while getting 11 earned runs.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
After years of procrastination I'm finally about to give 'The Last of Us' a try. I bought Batman Arkham Knight as well.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
After years of procrastination I'm finally about to give 'The Last of Us' a try. I bought Batman Arkham Knight as well.
Excellent games.

Let me know what you think of Last Of Us once you've posted about halfway through.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Excellent games.

Let me know what you think of Last Of Us once you've posted about halfway through.
So far I'm loving it. I played for a couple hours yesterday and so far the game play feels very similar to the Uncharted games.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Regarding my last post. I just realized that both Uncharted and The Last of Us are Naughty Dog games, so that's probably why they feel similar to me.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
After years of procrastination I'm finally about to give 'The Last of Us' a try.
Play it immediately and then provide us with a 500 word essay on how great you think it is, what your favorite part was, and why you were a fool for putting it off until now.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you're still on the fence about Horizon Zero Dawn, don't be.

This game is excellent.
Sad thing is I feel like this is a game I'd really like except for the fact that I have a hard time getting into a game whose main character is a female. Call me sexist if you want.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
E3 is going on and there are some great things to look forward to.

The new Spiderman looks awesome. Uncharted has a nice DLC coming out. And best of all, this is happening:
[MENTION=12]Deuce[/MENTION]

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
[MENTION=24]mschmidt64[/MENTION]

You're a big Bethesda guy, aren't you?

Disappointed in the lack of exciting announcements from them?

fortsbest

DCC 4Life

The new Spiderman looks awesome. Uncharted has a nice DLC coming out. And best of all, this is happening:
[MENTION=12]Deuce[/MENTION]

As you can tell by the avatar, if it's Kratos, I'm, in! :towel

D

Deuce

@Deuce

Not a fan of the voice change, but its a small gripe. This looks great.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I'll have to see about the weapon change too. I like the swinging swords on teh chains.

Top Bottom