TV Thread

Jiggyfly

Banned
Just going through the Boondocks again and I must say its one of the most funny and intelligent shows I have ever watched and they spare nobody.

This episode is a masterpiece.:lol

BipolarFuk

Demoted
LMAO @ the last episode of True Blood.

Japanese gangsters with uzis, katanas, and driving bright colored ricers out of the Fast and Furious. :lol

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
[MENTION=63]Jiggyfly[/MENTION] I definitely enjoyed seasons 1 & 2. This past season that aired during the Spring was straight garbage.

McGruder wasn't involved with the show and it certainly showed. Nothing but a bunch of weak jokes and bad cliches. I can't believe he allowed them to run that garbage as the Boondocks are still his baby.

As an aside, 'The Fundraiser' episode that you posted is one of my favorite Boondocks episodes.

Jiggyfly

Banned
@<a href="http://dccforums.com/member.php?u=63" target="_blank">Jiggyfly</a> I definitely enjoyed seasons 1 & 2. This past season that aired during the Spring was straight garbage.

McGruder wasn't involved with the show and it certainly showed. Nothing but a bunch of weak jokes and bad cliches. I can't believe he allowed them to run that garbage as the Boondocks are still his baby.

As an aside, 'The Fundraiser' episode that you posted is one of my favorite Boondocks episodes.
I kind of figured the quality would fall off, I watched one and it was totally lacking the depth it needed to pull of this stuff.

But at least we have this to remember.:towel

1bigfan13

Staff member
I watched about 5 episodes hoping it would get better but it never did so I gave up on it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
OITNB is way better than I thought it would be. I assumed I would get bored after the first season.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
OITNB is way better than I thought it would be. I assumed I would get bored after the first season.
Yeah, I was the same way. It's really good. It definitely surprised me.

D

Deuce

Whatever you do, don't google the real life pictures. The real Voss will hurt your brain. She's straight up fugly.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I almost hope that Private died before what led to WWII. Imagine living with the guilt of knowing you could have drastically altered history (theoretically) for the better and saving millions of lives. You could try and rationalize it that you thought you did the right thing sparing a harmless man, but I can't imagine anyone being able to live with that forever.
He probably wouldn't have known that guy was Hitler. It's not like he would have been all that distinctive in his 20s. He'd just look like any other German.

1bigfan13

Staff member
He probably wouldn't have known that guy was Hitler. It's not like he would have been all that distinctive in his 20s. He'd just look like any other German.
Also Hitler wasn't "Hitler" at that point. He was an average soldier who was still trying to find his way. IIRC, it wasn't until after WWI that he really got into politics, attempted coups, etc.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Also Hitler wasn't "Hitler" at that point. He was an average soldier who was still trying to find his way. IIRC, it wasn't until after WWI that he really got into politics, attempted coups, etc.
Yeah, he was just an average corporal.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Hey 1 Big have you watched Black Jesus.

Its McGruder's new show I watched one episode and it has a lot of potential, John Witherspoon and Charlie Murphy are hilarious.

Top Bottom