TV Thread

dallen

Senior Tech
I have never watched Arrested Development, but I was interested in the idea of Netflix buying it up and continuing the series... And I read some reviews.... The very first one I read said it was amazing, every one of them since have taken giant shits on it.
The new season starts off slow because the show has always been about intricately interwoven parallel story-lines. When it was canceled they wrapped up most of the story lines. That meant they pretty much had to jump start the show at the beginning of the new season so the first few shows are kinda slow while they re-lay the groundwork for a new story line. Once you get to about episode 4 or 5 it really picks up though. I wouldn't say it was the best season (still the 1st), but it was as good as the 2nd or 3rd and I hope they can make a 5th season.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
The new season starts off slow because the show has always been about intricately interwoven parallel story-lines. When it was canceled they wrapped up most of the story lines. That meant they pretty much had to jump start the show at the beginning of the new season so the first few shows are kinda slow while they re-lay the groundwork for a new story line. Once you get to about episode 4 or 5 it really picks up though. I wouldn't say it was the best season (still the 1st), but it was as good as the 2nd or 3rd and I hope they can make a 5th season.

Cool, I'll watch it based on your review.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I haven't seen any of Arrested Development until tonight. I decided to try and catch up on it, and have seen 4 episodes and it seems like the humor is kinda like the Fockers movies where it's just one fuck up after another. Does the series stay like this? If so, I think it might not be for me.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I haven't seen any of Arrested Development until tonight. I decided to try and catch up on it, and have seen 4 episodes and it seems like the humor is kinda like the Fockers movies where it's just one fuck up after another. Does the series stay like this? If so, I think it might not be for me.
Are you referring to the new episodes, or did you start at the beginning?

Cause I don't really know what you mean by one fuck up after another.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Michelle Chamuel killed it last night...I love that lesbo hipster.

kthxbai

Cotton

Staff member
Are you referring to the new episodes, or did you start at the beginning?

Cause I don't really know what you mean by one fuck up after another.
I started at the beginning. I figured with all the hype I would give it a shot. And I'm talking about all of the fuck ups from the family.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Michelle Chamuel killed it last night...I love that lesbo hipster.

kthxbai
I haven't seen the whole thing but was just OK with her first song. Think we will finally say goodbye to the Swon Brothers from what I saw. One other thing, I can't believe Sasha is not married. ~How you doin~ (yes I know there is a fiancé)

Carp

DCC 4Life
She is hot...I still favor Amanda Brown over her though. I agree, her first song was fine, not a show stopper, but she did some Taylor Swift later and rocked it up. It was kinda cool. Swon Brothers or Holly Nostrils need to be gone.

Rev

Staff member
Shakira is out and Christina is back in as a judge. With a raise. I can't stand her at all much less have to look at someone trying to fit 10 lbs of sausage in a 5 lb bag. I don't think either bring much to the judging/coaching aspect but at least let it look good.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Christina is bad...the show becomes about her and not the contestants. She cold shoulder Amanda Brown last year and I blame her for Brown not going further. I mean her fucking gay opera guy, WTF?

The funny thing about Shakira is that they very rarely go to her on the panel...they always hit Blake and Adam, but it seems like they intentionally kind of overlook her because she has a hard time communicating at times. Although her boobs were talking to me last night...and I got the message.

D

Deuce

I started at the beginning. I figured with all the hype I would give it a shot. And I'm talking about all of the fuck ups from the family.
GOB is really the only fuck up. But they were all rich kids so none of them grew up normal. Buster still acts like an 8 year old, Lindsay is a rich brat and so on. IMO, you have to give it more than a couple of episodes. Most of the greatness are the jokes that take multiple episodes to pay off.

Cotton

Staff member
GOB is really the only fuck up. But they were all rich kids so none of them grew up normal. Buster still acts like an 8 year old, Lindsay is a rich brat and so on. IMO, you have to give it more than a couple of episodes. Most of the greatness are the jokes that take multiple episodes to pay off.
Okay, then I will stick with it.

Carp

DCC 4Life
It is a great and funny show...so much subtle humor that some of the mouth breathers out there might not get.

Last edited:
D

Deuce

I have 2 episdoes left of the new season and it has definitely gotten better as it goes. I was a little concerned after the first 2 or 3 episodes, but it's been on track since about mid-season. The lack of J. Walter Weatherman has been concerning though. I was hoping to see him at some point and still hope he has something to do in the finale. IMO, he's easily the best of the non-main characters they've ever had.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Someone else please put this guy in his place.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I would rather have had the Swon Brothers eliminated than Holly Tucker. Their insolent hair annoys me.

Rev

Staff member
Instead of the it being about their singing ability its turned into a feel good story with them. They should have been gone instead of Sara or Judith.

Top Bottom