TV Thread

Carl

RIP Brother
It's not really about anything, other than 6 or 7 odd characters. There is no real character development, plot lines are sketchy, however pretty much every episode has a really funny line or two. It's clever.

Carl

RIP Brother
Last night was the best Mad Men episode in a while. Betty with the come back!!!

Carp

DCC 4Life
So The Voice eliminates probably the two best singers on the show. Horrid.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Yeah. They are going to have to so something with the voting. Im afraid its more of a popularity contest with the fan voting instead of voting for the actual talent. Maybe give the judges a percentage of the vote.

Carp

DCC 4Life
People like Blake Shelton...who I always pull for, but there is no way the Swon Brothers and Holly Tucker are better than the two that got eliminated.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
The United States of America will be loved -- by Adam Levine! The Maroon 5 frontman sparked a huge controversy after his angry aside on Tuesday's results episode of The Voice -- in which the tattooed mentor, 34, was overheard muttering "I hate this country" after his contestants Judith Hill and Sarah Simmons were shown the door thanks to a lack of viewer votes.
PHOTOS: Voice judges then and now
"I obviously love my country very much and my comments last night were made purely out of frustration," Levine explained to Us Weekly on Wednesday in response to the public outcry. Some Twitter followers called out Levine's slam as unpatriotic, insensitive and uncalled for; the singer initially responded via Twitter by defining the terms "joke," "humorless," "lighthearted" and "misunderstand." Others agreed with Levine's outrage over the elimination results.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Is "The Voice" that relevant?

I stopped watching AI a couple of years ago.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
I completely get where Levine is coming from though. Some of the dumb fucks that get to vote on things in this country embarrass themselves on a regular basis.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Starting Dexter Season 7, really just for the sake of completeness at this point.

Two episodes in,
and Deb knows. I remember reading where one of the writers claimed they'd always kicked around the idea, but that it would just never work. I guess they ran out of other ideas. :lol

Carp

DCC 4Life
Is "The Voice" that relevant?

I stopped watching AI a couple of years ago.
The Voice is actually really good. I don't usually watch these types of shows, but the mechanics of the show itself, plus the interaction of the judges is pretty good stuff.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Damn...everyone but Keith Urban left Idol. I wonder if they try to bring back J Lo and Steven Tyler or what?

D

Deuce

Damn...everyone but Keith Urban left Idol. I wonder if they try to bring back J Lo and Steven Tyler or what?
I read they were trying to get cheap with the judges so they walked away. That show died 3 years ago, IMO.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I have no watched it in years, but no continuity is bad. Not sure what they do from here.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Best thing that could have happened to the show was to wave bye to Randy Jackson. He obviously had an agenda for certain contestants and was real obvious in his attempts to say the other judges comments. I wasn't' aware Urban will return. Last I heard everyone was out the door.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Maybe he is gone...I just saw Marian and Nicki Manaj left in the last couple days.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
I have never watched Arrested Development, but I was interested in the idea of Netflix buying it up and continuing the series... And I read some reviews.... The very first one I read said it was amazing, every one of them since have taken giant shits on it.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I have never watched Arrested Development, but I was interested in the idea of Netflix buying it up and continuing the series... And I read some reviews.... The very first one I read said it was amazing, every one of them since have taken giant shits on it.
I have not thought the new series is particularly good. It's had it's moments, but it's just not funny as the old one.

That shouldn't stop you from watching the first three seasons, though, which are greatness.

D

Deuce

I have not thought the new series is particularly good. It's had it's moments, but it's just not funny as the old one.

That shouldn't stop you from watching the first three seasons, though, which are greatness.
Like I said in a previous post, this season is basically just the bridge from the original series to the movie. It's not an excuse for why the season isn't as good as the original, but I also understand they had a limited time with each character to film because of all their other projects. If you notice, there's hardly any actual interaction between family members except certain ones. Buster, for example, has been basically non-existant in the first 6 episodes. If the movie they have planned ends up sucking that that would really put a damper on the show for me. But I have faith that the movie will get it back on track.

Either way, like you said, the original series is just flat out great.

Top Bottom