TV Thread

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
:lol

My wife did hear on her morning radio show one of the DJs talking about how she watched the first episode with her lights off and had to turn them back on to continue watching.
My wife is the same. She did the first two episodes with the lights off, but wouldn't watch any more without the lights on.

I laughed at her, but was ok with it. Fucking shadows can play tricks on your mind, man!

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
My wife is the same. She did the first two episodes with the lights off, but wouldn't watch any more without the lights on.

I laughed at her, but was ok with it. Fucking shadows can play tricks on your mind, man!
Damn, I have to get caught up on our DVR before we can start a new show. We also have Making a Murderer 2 waiting to watch.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Damn, I have to get caught up on our DVR before we can start a new show. We also have Making a Murderer 2 waiting to watch.
Bump this to the top of your que.

You're welcome.

Cotton

Staff member
[MENTION=14]NoDak[/MENTION], I have gotten to episode 5. Watched the first 4 first episodes and I was like man this is a little boring. Understood the character building, but a little concerned because I have been burned by shows in the past. I was actually starting to distrust you, and then the last half of episode 5 happened. To steal from you, HoLee Shit.

The way they wrapped back around to everything up to and including the way Nell ended up back at the house and how she died was amazing

This really is an amazing show. Thank you.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
[MENTION=14]NoDak[/MENTION], I have gotten to episode 5. Watched the first 4 first episodes and I was like man this is a little boring. Understood the character building, but a little concerned because I have been burned by shows in the past. I was actually starting to distrust you, and then the last half of episode 5 happened. To steal from you, HoLee Shit.

The way they wrapped back around to everything up to and including the way Nell ended up back at the house and how she died was amazing

This really is an amazing show. Thank you.
:hattip

Episode 5 was my favorite of all 10. But the last half of the season is good, too. And the last two episodes really do a good job of explaining a lot of things that will twist your mind. I was doing a lot of... "Ooooooh. Damn. Now that makes sense."

And to find out that Nell was the bent neck lady all along really blew my fucking mind. I mean, holy shit. She was looking at her own adult ghost as a child.

Cotton

Staff member
And to find out that Nell was the bent neck lady all along really blew my fucking mind. I mean, holy shit. She was looking at her own adult ghost as a child.
This was the exact moment I said HoLee Shit.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
New season of The Curse of Oak Island, I love this silly show.
My wife loves that show at the beginning of each season and then gets frustrated with it halfway leading to barely finishing the season. I will probably not let her know its on.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
My wife loves that show at the beginning of each season and then gets frustrated with it halfway leading to barely finishing the season. I will probably not let her know its on.
Lots of cliffhangers and teasers, they're good at that. Can't help myself, I first read about the whole thing in an old Reader's Digest when I was a kid. Probably partly because you know, pirates and buried treasure.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I'd take that over the crap my wife watches. She's into This Is Us and shit like that, I just make a u-turn right out of the living room when I see that kinda shit on

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I'd take that over the crap my wife watches. She's into This Is Us and shit like that, I just make a u-turn right out of the living room when I see that kinda shit on
My other half liked crap like that, we had an agreement to alternate between shows she liked and shows I liked. I usually fell asleep during "her" shows.

Cotton

Staff member
Just finished the second season of Goliath. Damn, that is a good show.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
There are ways of investing a couple of hours a week toward spousal support in such matters as putting your wife’s priorities at the top of your list. One is watching a tv show with them even though you don’t like it. It will buy a great deal of personal devotion from her. It’s little things like this that turns a marriage relationship that works for both of you. Going on 59 years of a great Union myself. It can’t hurt to give it a try.

Cotton

Staff member
There are ways of investing a couple of hours a week toward spousal support in such matters as putting your wife’s priorities at the top of your list. One is watching a tv show with them even though you don’t like it. It will buy a great deal of personal devotion from her. It’s little things like this that turns a marriage relationship that works for both of you. Going on 59 years of a great Union myself. It can’t hurt to give it a try.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
:jerk

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
My other half liked crap like that, we had an agreement to alternate between shows she liked and shows I liked. I usually fell asleep during "her" shows.
Dont get me wrong. She watches her fair share of headscratchers. That is just one of the normal ones. She loves the BBC network and is binging a show on midwives right now. Baby births and women with their legs up all over the place. They get real close to showing the cooter quite often but its kind of hard to eat dinner while that is going on. Thankfully I can keep myself busy on my laptop.

Cotton

Staff member
Dont get me wrong. She watches her fair share of headscratchers. That is just one of the normal ones. She loves the BBC network and is binging a show on midwives right now. Baby births and women with their legs up all over the place. They get real close to showing the cooter quite often but its kind of hard to eat dinner while that is going on. Thankfully I can keep myself busy on my laptop.
Her and my tastes in [STRIKE]videos[/STRIKE] TV shows are very similar.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Too macho to accept any compromise for a long haul tried and proven method? :laff
Personally me and mine prefer to be honest with each other, she doesn't get offended when I won't watch her crap and I don't get offended when she won't watch mine

Top Bottom