TV Thread

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The second episode of each season so far has been the holy shit episode. Interesting to see if that trend continues.

D

Deuce

GoT premiere was a lot less glorious than I imagined it would be.
The Arya/Frey stuff was fantastic. But everything else is just buildup, which the first shown tends to be for everything. I was curious how they would eventually bring Jon and Dany together, and now they have a common destination so in looking forward to that.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I don't know what Booze had issues with, but I thought it was a damn good opening show.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I don't know what Booze had issues with, but I thought it was a damn good opening show.
I didn't have a real issue, just thought it would be epic. Just a case of expecting too much. This week though...better be epic if they stay with what they have done in past seasons

Cotton

Staff member
I didn't have a real issue, just thought it would be epic. Just a case of expecting too much. This week though...better be epic if they stay with what they have done in past seasons
Yeah, that's kinda the expectations that I had going into the first one was that they would probably take one slower show to open and then the holy shit show second.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

Staff member
This shows about to get gud.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
GoT.

I guess I was wrong on thinking the second episode would hold true to precedent.

Okay, next week should make us all go "holy shit!".

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
GoT.

I guess I was wrong on thinking the second episode would hold true to precedent.

Okay, next week should make us all go "holy shit!".
I think they tried but they packed it all into li or the last 10 minutes. It went from like slow plot stuff to 100 mph instantly.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Will watch.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Finally, a 'True Detective' Season 3 update

Sandra Gonzalez

By Sandra Gonzalez, CNN

Updated 7:59 PM ET, Wed July 26, 2017

(CNN) — "True Detective" Season 3 is getting closer to becoming a reality.

On Wednesday, HBO programming president Casey Bloys confirmed earlier reports that "Moonlight" star Mahershala Ali has been signed to star in the third installment, and the network is currently searching for a director to oversee the season.

"When we find a director we want to hire, we'll be a go with that," he said.

The first season of "True Detective" aired in 2014 and quickly became a breakout hit, with Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey earning accolades and awards attention.

The second season, however, failed to hold momentum and was widely panned for its writing and pacing.

It starred Colin Farrell, Vince Vaughn, Rachel McAdams and Taylor Kitsch.

Bloys, who did not oversee the second season as he only took over as the network's programming head in May 2016, said he thinks the extra time they've taken to craft Season 3 will ultimately benefit the series.

Bloys said he's read five "great" scripts from "True Detective" creator Nic Pizzolatto so far.

"I know they've talked about perhaps [Season 2] was rushed into production, but I can tell you we're taking our time with the scripts," Bloys said. "We're taking our time and I think it's paid off."

No further casting announcements have been made.

Ali is best known for his work in best picture Oscar winner "Moonlight," a role for which he won the best supporting actor award.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Great...a black True Detective...will they call it Troof Popo?

Racism!

Carp

DCC 4Life
Rewatching Stranger Things...so damn good. Original story and nails all the nostalgia...cannot wait for the second season.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Binged "Ozark" on Netflix.

Stars Jason Bateman and a bunch of "hey, I have seen that guy in something" actors.

Isn't getting a ton of buzz, but it is pretty damn good IMO.

I know some will say it is a bit of a Breaking Bad rip off, and I get that.

It was still entertaining and I hope it gets renewed.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Stars Jason Bateman and a bunch of "hey, I have seen that guy in something" actors.

First I've heard of this one but if it has a Breaking Bad vibe I'll def check it out.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
First I've heard of this one but if it has a Breaking Bad vibe I'll def check it out.
Don't take too much out of that...it has some common themes, family guy, drug lords, etc.

It is kind of like Breaking Sideways. Bateman's character is putting his family first, but he is not cold blooded. Yet.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Yep, its about where I live, Lake of the Ozarks. Almost feels weird to watch becaise of that.

data

Forbes #1

At the DCC, you easily watch the most TV and post the most. May your God bless you. You are a true American hero.

Top Bottom