TV Thread

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Season finale of Brockmire tonight.

If you aren't watching this series, I question your taste and we can't be friends any more.
I have been watching Brockmire since the first episode. Pretty goddamn funny. Hank Azaria is great. Didn't realize that was the season finale. I'm definitely in for season 2.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I have been watching Brockmire since the first episode. Pretty goddamn funny. Hank Azaria is great. Didn't realize that was the season finale. I'm definitely in for season 2.
Yeah, Hank Azaria is awesome. This role was made for him, he's perfect in it. It's weird watching him play the broken Brockmire knowing he's the guy that does a lot of Simpson voices. Moe, Apu, Chief Wiggum, etc...

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Yeah, Hank Azaria is awesome. This role was made for him, he's perfect in it. It's weird watching him play the broken Brockmire knowing he's the guy that does a lot of Simpson voices. Moe, Apu, Chief Wiggum, etc...
Since I have been watching I have listened to a couple interviews with him and poked around online about it. Brockmire is a character he created himself and there is actually a Funny Or Die short from several years ago that is the genesis of the series.

It is funny to see him in a role other than the familiar Simpson's voices, though he was absolutely great as Kahmunrah in "Night At the Museum".

I also have a little more respect for smug ass Joe Buck for what he has been willing to do in his role on that show.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Since I have been watching I have listened to a couple interviews with him and poked around online about it. Brockmire is a character he created himself and there is actually a Funny Or Die short from several years ago that is the genesis of the series.

It is funny to see him in a role other than the familiar Simpson's voices, though he was absolutely great as Kahmunrah in "Night At the Museum".

I also have a little more respect for smug ass Joe Buck for what he has been willing to do in his role on that show.
Well, I guess his creating the role explains why he seems so perfect in it.

And as far a Joe Buck goes, I was pretty surprised his role has been what it has. Considering what a stick in the mud he seems to be IRL. I realize he's only playing a part, but still. Agreeing to do this would seem to go against what he stands for. Or at least pretends to stand for.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I don't think I knew that.

data

Forbes #1
I believe I will have to check it out.
Agreeing with Deuce, first several episodes start slow but, my god, worth it to keep going. I was foregoing dinner and staying up till 1am on worknights to squeeze in an extra episode.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
One warning...

I didn't find it this way, but others who have started it after being told all the hype thought the first season was slow for a bit. But, they have to build not only that season's story, but each individual character in the cast and the cast is huge. I only say that to say, stick with it and you will be rewarded.
Agreeing with Deuce, first several episodes start slow but, my god, worth it to keep going. I was foregoing dinner and staying up till 1am on worknights to squeeze in an extra episode.
:thumbsup

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Netflix has a new documentary on now called The Keepers.

Very much like Making A Murderer, it is a long seven-part true crime story. Just started watching on a whim and didn't stop.

It is very troubling, but well done.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
I got a Showtime subscription through Amazon just to watch the Twin Peaks revival series. Hope it doesn't disappoint.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I got a Showtime subscription through Amazon just to watch the Twin Peaks revival series. Hope it doesn't disappoint.
The first one confused the fuck out of me at the time.

junk

Not So New Member
Interesting top 20. They have The Wire above Breaking Bad. I have never seen it, but does anyone else have it ranked higher? If so, I may have to binge it.
I thought it was better than Breaking Bad. Not by much, but I enjoyed it more.

It's probably a bit dated now though.

D

Deuce

I thought it was better than Breaking Bad. Not by much, but I enjoyed it more.

It's probably a bit dated now though.
Definitely parts of it are.

I remember watching it for it for the first time about 5 years ago and the characters seemed amazed that some bad guys discovered this burner phone technology. :lol

Still great though.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The Wire is better than Breaking Bad and I'd say the Sopranos as well just because of the fact that to me it's actually much more entrenched in reality and give an in-depth look at actual issues that plague our society.

Breaking Bad and the Sopranos were great also obviously and give an introspective look at the human condition, but at the end of the day they're centered around one strong male-lead character who is conducting himself far outside the realm of reality.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Netflix has a new documentary on now called The Keepers.

Very much like Making A Murderer, it is a long seven-part true crime story. Just started watching on a whim and didn't stop.

It is very troubling, but well done.
Through 3 episodes, it's excellent.

dallen

Senior Tech
The Wire is better than Breaking Bad and I'd say the Sopranos as well just because of the fact that to me it's actually much more entrenched in reality and give an in-depth look at actual issues that plague our society.

Breaking Bad and the Sopranos were great also obviously and give an introspective look at the human condition, but at the end of the day they're centered around one strong male-lead character who is conducting himself far outside the realm of reality.
The Wire is still the King

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I was one of the ones that couldn't get into The Wire. Breaking Bad on the other hand caught my attention from the start. I think I will give The Wire another chance since everybody seems to be nuts over it.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I was one of the ones that couldn't get into The Wire. Breaking Bad on the other hand caught my attention from the start. I think I will give The Wire another chance since everybody seems to be nuts over it.
The 2nd season is kind of rough to get through, it's almost like a completely different show, but from there on out it's excellent.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
About halfway through Legion. Shocked it was renewed. Great show that is way too smart for the average viewer.

Top Bottom