TV Thread

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Let me guess Booze is done with TWD?

Jiggyfly

Banned
A couple of episodes into Hap and Leonard on Netflix, and it's damn good.

It really captures Joe Lansdale's humor, and I'm glad it doesn't shy away from the racial language of the books.
Surprising to hear you like it, most people who have read the book seem to think the tone is all wrong.

I have not read the book and think it was just ok, something seemed off with characters and I really like all of the actors.

Will watch the 2nd season on Sundance which starts this week.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Surprising to hear you like it, most people who have read the book seem to think the tone is all wrong.

I have not read the book and think it was just ok, something seemed off with characters and I really like all of the actors.

Will watch the 2nd season on Sundance which starts this week.
The tone is a bit all over the place, but it's kind of that way in the books.

I liked the second book, Mucho Mojo, better than the first, and it appears to be heading that direction. Not to give too much away, but it's an even weirder combination of comedy and violence.

My only real complaint is that James Purefoy's accent isn't great, and it seems to become especially British when he has to show excitement.

CSB, Joe Lansdale lives in Nacogdoches, and when I was at Stephen F, I would see him hanging out at the bookstore and drinking coffee. One of my biggest regrets is not taking one of his comic book writing classes.

Jiggyfly

Banned
The tone is a bit all over the place, but it's kind of that way in the books.

I liked the second book, Mucho Mojo, better than the first, and it appears to be heading that direction. Not to give too much away, but it's an even weirder combination of comedy and violence.

My only real complaint is that James Purefoy's accent isn't great, and it seems to become especially British when he has to show excitement.

CSB, Joe Lansdale lives in Nacogdoches, and when I was at Stephen F, I would see him hanging out at the bookstore and drinking coffee. One of my biggest regrets is not taking one of his comic book writing classes.
Yeah I heared this book is much better, I am hoping it kicks in for me in this this go round.

I like the comedy and violence aspect, just was not clickig for me for some reason.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Anybody watched Taboo?

I am half way through and think I like the idea of the show better than the actual show.

There are a lot of good ideas but I think there might be too much going on.

Does it get better or is it much of the same?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Made it about halfway through Iron Fist.

Not bad, but not at the level of Daredevil or Jessica Jones. On a par with Luke Cage.

Rev

Staff member
Made it about halfway through Iron Fist.

Not bad, but not at the level of Daredevil or Jessica Jones. On a par with Luke Cage.
I watched the first episode and got the same impression. I couldn't get into Luke Cage so probably better off leaving after one. I will say this is the first non-negative review that Ive seen on it and just rates an OK (and I agree with you on that).

D

Deuce

I watched the first episode and got the same impression. I couldn't get into Luke Cage so probably better off leaving after one. I will say this is the first non-negative review that Ive seen on it and just rates an OK (and I agree with you on that).
I'm halfway through Luke Cage now and its just ok as well. The story doesn't have a lot to it so I'm just kindof going through the motions to finish it since I know he's going to play a bigger role in the Defenders series that I think can be good.

I'm just surprised how bad the main guys acting has been in this season. I don't remember him being too bad in Jessica Jones.

Rev

Staff member
I'm just surprised how bad the main guys acting has been in this season. I don't remember him being too bad in Jessica Jones.
Yeah. That's where. He did so a better job in Jessica Jones and thats why I was looking forward to his story.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
:towel

D

Deuce

So The Walking Dead come up with another improbable episode for a character. Sonia goes into the compound guns blazing, and they try to capture her instead of kill her? Ya, no way.

If not for Negan again being the only thing on screen worth a damn, it would have been another stupid episode.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Taboo ended up being a dud.

I really have no idea about why they needed to add in the supernatural stuff.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Next two Mondays they are running a Breaking Bad marathon to lead into Better Call Saul.

Man, I miss BB so bad.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Next two Mondays they are running a Breaking Bad marathon to lead into Better Call Saul.

Man, I miss BB so bad.
I need to clear out some space on my DVR there is a lot of stuff starting between now and next month.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Caught up on TWD.

They are finally getting somewhere. This season can be saved. As long as they keep up this pace, this could turn out to not be a waste of my time. I just hope they don't drag this out over two more years and make me hate TV series like LOST did.

Top Bottom