Travis Frederick Diagnosed With Guillain Barre Syndrome

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
no doubt. Williams is gonna be uneven though, being a rookie and adjusting to the NFL game and stronger dlinemen.
Yeah William's looks really skinny still. Long term I think he is going to be good but we need to keep him the weight room adding bulk. Right now if he doesn't sink his hips he gets bullied over.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I’m not sure what to make about this Fredrick situation. He’s standing on the sideline, and was shown walking down the tunnel. I have to believe his GB is relatively mild.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I’m not sure what to make about this Fredrick situation. He’s standing on the sideline, and was shown walking down the tunnel. I have to believe his GB is relatively mild.
What did you expect?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Pro Bowl center Travis Frederick has been around the team the last few days as he begins his recovery from Guillain-Barre Syndrome, an autoimmune disease that affects the nervous system. Frederick watched Sunday’s game from the sideline but owner and general manager Jerry Jones did not have an update as to when Frederick might be able to play. “It’s good to see him,” Jones said. “He said that he was feeling upbeat. His arrow is up, so we’ll see how that goes.”

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer18m ago

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
What did you expect?
I think a lot of people have to be hospitalized for extended periods of time and lose their ability to walk or function normally.

Looking at Frederick you wouldn't know anything is even wrong.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
What did you expect?
Well, for the few that have posted the grim prognosis for him I didn't expect him to be walking down the tunnel out to the field, nor would I expect to see him on the sidelines.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Autoimmune diseases can be one of those deals where someone looks fine but they are really limited. Add football to that and you have an even bigger challenge.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Autoimmune diseases can be one of those deals where someone looks fine but they are really limited. Add football to that and you have an even bigger challenge.
I think the point is we all wonder how limited he really is. His version doesn't look like what you find on WebMD

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I think the point is we all wonder how limited he really is. His version doesn't look like what you find on WebMD
I hear you. What I’m saying is is he can have extremities. But he will never be able to walk.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If they don't put him on PUP I'd imagine they expect him back sometime in early October.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
If they don't put him on PUP I'd imagine they expect him back sometime in early October.
They can't put him on PUP. He's already practiced. Can't put him on NFI, either. It's either IR or carry him.

And they can't IR him now, or they'd have to expose him to waivers, where he'd certainly be claimed regardless of his illness. So he has to make the final 53, then IR'd after week 1.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They can't put him on PUP. He's already practiced. Can't put him on NFI, either. It's either IR or carry him.

And they can't IR him now, or they'd have to expose him to waivers, where he'd certainly be claimed regardless of his illness. So he has to make the final 53, then IR'd after week 1.
Yep, so he's going to make the final 53. It's going to be interesting to see if they put him on IR at that point and shut him down until midseason or not.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

I thought there were two different PUP's, one for TC and one for the regular season but I guess not.

Anyway, if they don't put him on IR it's the same logic just pushed back a couple weeks. If they don't put him on that I'd assume he's back sometime around late October at the latest.

shane

DCC 4Life
Hopefully he will be treated over a course of several weeks and be good to go.

Top Bottom