Travis Frederick Diagnosed With Guillain Barre Syndrome

Newt

DCC 4Life
We’ve been fortunate. Can you imagine the reaction if we landed a bust in the top ten?

Even still, most players don’t last ten full seasons.
You mean like Mike Jenkins or Morris Claiborne?

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
You mean like Mike Jenkins or Morris Claiborne?
Claiborne for sure, and that was made worse by having traded Bobby Wagner and Michael Brockers to get him. Jenkins wasn’t close to a top ten pick, though.

At least Claiborne is still in the league, unlike some busts.

Newt

DCC 4Life
Claiborne for sure, and that was made worse by having traded Bobby Wagner and Michael Brockers to get him. Jenkins wasn’t close to a top ten pick, though.

I must be remembering wrong, I thought we took Jenkins high? like 7 or 8? Same year we drafted Scandrick in the 4th or 5th?

Claiborne is still in the league, but he is no where near the top talent he was drafted to be.

p1_

DCC 4Life
The Dallas Cowboys traded up with the Seattle Seahawks moving from the 28th to the 25th position, in exchange for a fifth ((#163-Owen Schmitt) and seventh ((#235-Brandon Coutu) round draft choices, in order to select Jenkins in the first round of the 2008 NFL Draft.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I must be remembering wrong, I thought we took Jenkins high? like 7 or 8? Same year we drafted Scandrick in the 4th or 5th?

Claiborne is still in the league, but he is no where near the top talent he was drafted to be.
We took Felix at 22 and Jenkins at 25, but that was a pretty crappy 1st round all around.

Newt

DCC 4Life
We took Felix at 22 and Jenkins at 25, but that was a pretty crappy 1st round all around.
That does seem like a crappy 1st round. Hey you remember that time we left Stephen Jackson sitting on his couch, I 'member.....

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
That does seem like a crappy 1st round. Hey you remember that time we left Stephen Jackson sitting on his couch, I 'member.....
I remember, it was my wedding day.

4-24-04, never forget!

Newt

DCC 4Life
I remember, it was my wedding day.

4-24-04, never forget!
I was in a hotel room in Grand Prairie, I had just gotten off work and cleaned up, layed down on the bed and then it happened. We passed on Stephen Jackson, a rush of emotion passed through me, i reached for the closest thing to me and threw it at the 19" television set. Unfortunately it was my size 15 steel toed boot that was sitting next to the bed. I felt immediate regret as I drove to Walmart to purchase a new TV and broom. Your day was better than mine, exponentially....

Cujo

DCC 4Life

Soon as we made that trade, I turned off the tv.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

p1_

DCC 4Life

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Damn shame, he seems to be a good guy and devout family man. It's gotta be harder for him on a personal level than a professional level.

I knew someone that had to have a spinal tap done once, that crap is excruciating.

Newt

DCC 4Life
This really make me sick to my stomach. I hate that he is having to go through all this, of course I hope he is able to return to football, but really he just needs to get better for himself and his family.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This really make me sick to my stomach. I hate that he is having to go through all this, of course I hope he is able to return to football, but really he just needs to get better for himself and his family.
Yeah I'm not as worried about the personal stuff for him anymore. Only because they caught it early and it sounds like he is already showing signs of improvement. So he should never get to the level of not walking or being able to function normally. Still it has to e hard for a guy who was such a warrior. You know he'd play through any injury he physically could. And now he is straddled with an illness that is so uncertain and there is very little he can do except wait and see what happens.

Newt

DCC 4Life
Yeah I'm not as worried about the personal stuff for him anymore. Only because they caught it early and it sounds like he is already showing signs of improvement. So he should never get to the level of not walking or being able to function normally. Still it has to e hard for a guy who was such a warrior. You know he'd play through any injury he physically could. And now he is straddled with an illness that is so uncertain and there is very little he can do except wait and see what happens.
Right, It sounds like it won't be as bad as other cases. But mentally, for a guy like him, to basically be brought to your knees and unable to have any type of control over your body has to be crippling. I'm amazed that he is in good spirits and staying positive. It really speaks to his character.

Top Bottom