Training camp thread...

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I think Harris might not be a great practice guy he has never really gotten rave reviews in camp, yet he has shown up every time he gotten meaningful snaps in a game.
Agreed. He's seemingly had those problems the last 2 offseasons as well.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I agree with Jerry when he was talking about how talent at the skill positions help a running game. The problem is he's too reliant on that skill position talent to assist the run game.

You can't throw 5 pieces of garbage on the OL and expect the offense to click just because there's pro bowl talent at the other 6 positions. It's a recipe for failure.

The running game would be so much better if we just had average talent on the interior instead of the sub par, often injured garbage we're saddled with.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
:lol

Can't believe Jerry just basically said they don't need better OL players to run the ball but that they probably just need to call better plays to run the ball.

Senility lives here.
I feel like I've heard similar things on this message board quite frequently.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
:lol

Can't believe Jerry just basically said they don't need better OL players to run the ball but that they probably just need to call better plays to run the ball.

Senility lives here.
Wait a second...he just said they didn't have pads on yesterday when they did. Senile indeed.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Jerry taking credit for Bryant's maturity: "He listens to me."

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Nick Eatman ‏@nickeatman 23s
This George selvie probably hasn't even checked into his room yet and he's making plays .. Looks pretty good

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Just showed a drill on NFLN and Brandon Carr literally takes a swinging punch at the football in Bryant's hands...not like a Peanut Tillman punch but like he was trying to punch a midget in the face. Weird.

Carl

RIP Brother
I wonder if those are apartments or the players' dorm rooms adjacent to the practice field.

That would be pretty cool if you were able to watch camp from the comfort of your own home.
It's a Courtyard by Marriott.

Lotuseater

Banned
I think and hope Harris is safe. Coale though isn't making it. It's early, but he is gone.
You are likely correct, but he brought it on himself. Hell, Matt Johnson had the whole organization literally sucking his dick for like a year when he hadn't even played, so there was obviously something wrong with Coale's approach.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
What kind of message does that send when your coach keeps talking about competition?

It shoots that message to shit is what it does.

Here you go guys, for camp, we will bring you the absolute shittiest guys we can find. Only about five of you will really have to compete for a roster spot...everyone else...just work hard, mmmkay?

Correct.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Eisen just asked Romo a legit question...what guy have we not been talking about that we need to?

Romo Riverdanced like a MFer and didn't answer the question. Weak.

Genghis Khan

I feel like I've heard similar things on this message board quite frequently.

I don't think anyone has said it in that same way. We definitely need better offensive linemen. We definitely could be calling better running plays.

Regardless, it is a dumb thing for the owner/GM to say. Basically just threw Garrett under the bus and that is counterproductive.

Genghis Khan

Nick Eatman ‏@nickeatman 23s
This George selvie probably hasn't even checked into his room yet and he's making plays .. Looks pretty good

When you are playing against a high school JV offensive line, yeah, pretty much the whole defense will be making plays.

Top Bottom