Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
This really makes my jaws tight.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Don't know why it bothers you. Just pretend he's not on the team. Makes me feel better.
I just have a thing about people who weasel their way through life. The bottom line however is that Jones is the enabler in all this.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I just have a thing about people who weasel their way through life. The bottom line however is that Jones is the enabler in all this.
This is why I can't stand Garrett

BipolarFuk

Demoted
We used up every last bit of injury luck when we fucked around and lost to the Giants in 2007.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'm not wild about Garrett's coaching style but at least he gives effort to his job albeit a less than successful outcome.
There isn't anything he does that suggests he gives more "effort" than anyone else we've had.

If he's giving more effort than we've seen and he is delivering the level of mediocre he has, well, that's disturbing all on it's own.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
There isn't anything he does that suggests he gives more "effort" than anyone else we've had.

If he's giving more effort than we've seen and he is delivering the level of mediocre he has, well, that's disturbing all on it's own.
That's why I don't think he will ever be a successful HC (in Dallas) he tries but he just doesn't have the where with all to connect the dots. As to Spencer, I may be wrong about him but I think he has already made up his mind that he will sit out this season and save himself for another team.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That's why I don't think he will ever be a successful HC (in Dallas) he tries but he just doesn't have the where with all to connect the dots. As to Spencer, I may be wrong about him but I think he has already made up his mind that he will sit out this season and save himself for another team.
I think Spencer sounds like a guy who is unsure he can ever play again, honestly. I am a little surprised we would even have him under contract if things are like he says they are and have been.

Cotton

Staff member

Hell, he's giving less effort than even Wade Phillips now because now he has an OC.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I don't see any reason to think Spencer is dogging it. He's legitimately injured.

Cotton

Staff member
I thought they went away from the "earn the star" thing?
Rookies out to earn star
May, 17, 2014

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- As has been the case since Jason Garrett took over as Dallas Cowboys head coach, the rookies have to earn the star on their helmets.

When Ben Gardner arrived at Stanford, the "S" was on the side of his helmet. When the defensive end arrived on Monday, his helmet did not have a star.

“You understand when you come into this locker room you’ve got earn it,” Gardner said. “The star is a little bit different. It’s one of those things that almost gives you chills at first. I’m happy to work for it and excited to earn it and one day put it on our helmets.”

At the pre-rookie minicamp meeting, Garrett told the player of the value of the star.

“You’ve got to earn your star,” first-round pick Zack Martin said. “We realize we’re rookies and at the bottom of the table. We’ve got a ways to go and we’re willing to work for it.”

Top Bottom