Trading Up for Kinlaw/Brown

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I really like Kinlaw. In my opinion he has Chris Jones type ability. To me that's worth trading up for. Guys like that or Fletcher Cox change games on defense.
Yep, that's why I'd aggressively move up for him or Brown, although I'd do everything I could to keep this year's 3rd and instead try to flip next year's 3rd since we should have at least 2 if not 3, plus another mid-rounder this year.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yep, that's why I'd aggressively move up for him or Brown, although I'd do everything I could to keep this year's 3rd and instead try to flip next year's 3rd since we should have at least 2 if not 3, plus another mid-rounder this year.
Yep that's where I'm at. McCoy and Poe won't be here long. We need to have a guy ready to be a stud a year from now.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I really like Kinlaw. In my opinion he has Chris Jones type ability. To me that's worth trading up for. Guys like that or Fletcher Cox change games on defense.
And they provide a hell of a lot more value to a defense than a DB ever will.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
And they provide a hell of a lot more value to a defense than a DB ever will.
I really like Henderson too but again a great corner can only handle one receiver. It helps but your passing defense can still be torched with one elite corner. If you have a game wrecker on the Dline it makes it really hard for all the receivers.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
If we’re really in a hole at 17 then this makes sense. It will cost a lot. Jerry always trades up for flashy players— corners, DEs, skill players. Hard to see him valuing a planet theory guy, no matter how skilled.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I remember one playoff game Jerry was so enthralled with how flashy Deion was he forgot Leon Lett was named MVP of the game.

Because Deion was his, and it changed how Jerry saw CBs since. He thinks the best ones really can take the top off an offense. Such an oversimplification that Deion made appear to be true, but really wasn’t.

Damage done, he loves them, they get media attention, provide instant return as rookies, and the one homerun player decision that was all his involved a CB.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
If we trade up in this draft I may lose my shit.

Top Bottom