Thursday Night Chatter Thread - Week 6 | Giants v. Bears | 10/10/2013

D

Deuce

Happened when Parcells was here too, really.
At times, but at least he would bitch the refs out and advocate for his players...even while Flair chopping his assistant coaches at the same time. Garrett just stands there like he's in Sleep Mode.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
At times, but at least he would bitch the refs out and advocate for his players...even while Flair chopping his assistant coaches at the same time. Garrett just stands there like he's in Sleep Mode.
Flair chopping that douchebag Haley was perhaps one of his finest moments.

WOOOOOOOOOO!

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
F them. Let the draft fall where it does.
No way.

The Giants are 0-6 and it is now obvious that they are going to suck all year long. Now that they are guaranteed a miserable season, I'd like to see them reel off a few wins so as to not put them in the top 3 of the draft.

I don't want that team getting someone that makes the rebuilding process easier.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
No way.

The Giants are 0-6 and it is now obvious that they are going to suck all year long. Now that they are guaranteed a miserable season, I'd like to see them reel off a few wins so as to not put them in the top 3 of the draft.

I don't want that team getting someone that makes the rebuilding process easier.
Loser mentality. :art

D

Deuce

F them. Let the draft fall where it does.
Wins over the Skins and Eagles are a must. So if they are going to have 3, why not 5 and put them just out of Bridgewater, Clowney and Jake Matthews range?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Wins over the Skins and Eagles are a must. So if they are going to have 3, why not 5 and put them just out of Bridgewater, Clowney and Jake Matthews range?
Exactly.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
The point is, this isn't the NBA or MLB, it doesn't really matter if you work the refs so much in the NFL.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
The point is, this isn't the NBA or MLB, it doesn't really matter if you work the refs so much in the NFL.
You're crazy if you think it doesn't matter to work the refs. I don't really know what else to say to that.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
You're crazy if you think it doesn't matter to work the refs. I don't really know what else to say to that.
Nuh uh, you're crazy.
Nice argument Smitty jr.

We need that smiley added btw.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Also, I saw Deuce say the other day that Garrett "never" argues with the refs, that is straight up false, I've seen him do it.

I would guess there are other coaches who do it about the same percentage of the time.

D

Deuce

Huh?

Hey ref, #___ has been holding us all game!

You don't think they'll at least look out for it a little more. I'm guessing they do.

D

Deuce

Also, I saw Deuce say the other day that Garrett "never" argues with the refs, that is straight up false, I've seen him do it.

I would guess there are other coaches who do it about the same percentage of the time.
Right, we've seen him do it a ton.

Only time I ever remember him talking to them is after a challenge flag is thrown and even then he's had to be told by his underlings to throw the damn thing.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Huh?

You don't think they'll at least look out for it a little more. I'm guessing they do.
The idea that it doesn't have any impact is silly at best.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Right, we've seen him do it a ton.

Only time I ever remember him talking to them is after a challenge flag is thrown and even then he's had to be told by his underlings to throw the damn thing.
You are misremembering then.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Huh?

It doesn't matter as much, I said. There is a lot more subjectiveness in basketball and baseball calls with strike zones, or how rough they are letting guys defend, etc.

The NFL rules tend to leave less for interpretation, bitching at a ref will not goad him into softening or hardening how he is calling something that day as much as in other sports, I don't believe.

D

Deuce

It doesn't matter as much, I said. There is a lot more subjectiveness in basketball and baseball calls with strike zones, or how rough they are letting guys defend, etc.

The NFL rules tend to leave less for interpretation, bitching at a ref will not goad him into softening or hardening how he is calling something that day as much as in other sports, I don't believe.
Calls like pass interference and holding are nothing but subjective. Hence the old adage of "you could call holding on every play."

Top Bottom