The Tornado Thread...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yep I have relatives in Paris and Sulphur Springs both cities were hit
I have relatives in Sulphur Springs too. Your last name isn't Cotton or Cherry is it? :unsure

Cotton

Staff member
Hooks and Bryan are my relatives in Paris and Sulphur Springs
Such a weird coincidence that we both have relatives in those little towns. Most of my family there are Cherry.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Glad to hear you're okay. I think that's the same system that dropped a tornado outside of Paris, TX where I have relatives. Tornadoes are no joke.
I know this little area as well. We used to stop in Paris all the time when I was a kid on our road trips from OKC to Texas. Mainly because back in the late-80s they had the only Popeye's in the area. None were in Oklahoma at the time.

Glad to hear you made it out okay with minimal damage, @gp_cowpolk. Severe weather in Oklahoma is no joke.

My dad and I were just comparing homeowners insurance rates a couple of weeks ago and I'm shocked at how much he pays compared to me. Mainly because of the severe weather threat in OKC compared to Georgia.

Cotton

Staff member
That's what old people do. We talk about gas prices, insurance, and complain about the younger generation. :lol
Those Progressive commercials talking about don't be your parents are great. I can 100% relate to at least half that shit. The one where the guy tidies up the line is so me. :lol

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Those Progressive commercials talking about don't be your parents are great. I can 100% relate to at least half that shit. The one where the guy tidies up the line is so me. :lol
Oh, I've already acknowledged that those commercials were personal attacks again me.

Cotton

Staff member
Oh, I've already acknowledged that those commercials were personal attacks again me.
It's kinda cool that we all have kinda grown up together. I mean, I was only 30 when I joined this board. I was far from grown. I thought I was, but I wasn't even close to grown.

gp_cowpolk

DCC 4Life
There were at least 8 tornados in North East TX and South East OK 2 were F3 the Idabel one might have been an F-4

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
There were at least 8 tornados in North East TX and South East OK 2 were F3 the Idabel one might have been an F-4
Forget the building damage, when you see all the limbs stripped off the pine trees like that, that's no joke.

Not sure of the exact stats, but aren't only like 5% of tornadoes f3 or higher? Something like that. The vast majority are pretty weak.

gp_cowpolk

DCC 4Life
Forget the building damage, when you see all the limbs stripped off the pine trees like that, that's no joke.

Not sure of the exact stats, but aren't only like 5% of tornadoes f3 or higher? Something like that. The vast majority are pretty weak.
F5 is the strongest They say this one may be upgraded to F4 It turned over a train boxcar

gp_cowpolk

DCC 4Life
The hardest hit area was the Golf course Country club community some were high dollar There were some old houses close some over 100 years old they are also gone

Top Bottom