The Running Back position will doom us or not thread...

Jiggyfly

Banned
I don't think he is necessarily washed up. The physical ability is similar to what he had early in his career. In his second year he averaged 3.4 YPC and then suddenly in his third and fourth years he ran for over 5 YPC and then ever since after has been in that 3.4 YPC area. What that tells me is he is mostly a product of the system and the guys in front of him. He is a guy who with proper blocking jumps dramatically in terms of YPC because he has that big play ability to boost that overall stat.

I just happen to think we have better and more consistent RBs on the roster. I also don't think McFadden can stay healthy but if we keep his carries to a low number I think he could be useful as part of the depth chart.
Yeah I look at him as a change of pace, 3rd down type.

Linehan ran a RBBC in Detroit so he could make this all work out.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life

Wow.
I think he meant that there were more opportunities to run the ball last year that the team didn't take advantage of.

He's just not wise enough yet about speaking to the press to understand how his words will be interpreted.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I think he meant that there were more opportunities to run the ball last year that the team didn't take advantage of.

He's just not wise enough yet about speaking to the press to understand how his words will be interpreted.
I don't think he meant that at all. I think hemeant it exactly the way it sounds - Murray left yards on the field. In fact if you listen to the whole quote in context, Randle was talking about watching Murray's performance from the sidelines.

A radio host in Philly suggested that the notion and phrase could have originated from a previous conversation with Jerry. I think that's plausible.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

:unsure

dallen

Senior Tech
What is the consensus on Mcfadden.

1.He is no longer a capable back.

2.He will never be healthy enough to contribute.

3.He never was any good anyway.

My thinking is closer to 2, I think he will not be able to stay healthy enough to be considered a lead back but I can see him having a game or 2 pushing 200 yards.
He is a football god and we are blessed by his presence. Probably going to win Comeback player of the year, MPV, and SB MVP. Probably.

Cotton

Staff member
He is a football god and we are blessed by his presence. Probably going to win Comeback player of the year, MPV, and SB MVP. Probably.
We will need a % for this probably of yours.

Cotton

Staff member
Looks like you mistakenly got a dollar sign in there. Your credibility just went right out the window, pal.

townsend

Banned

:unsure
Murray still comes off super classy. I'm glad I don't have to resent him as his play declines.

Top Bottom