The Running Back position will doom us or not thread...

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Hambrick and Caison are not the standard I aspire to. What is disingenuous about saying they have no running back? They have two former draft busts, a never was, and a UDFA. Based on empirical data, we essentially have nothing at RB.
Based on empirical data, our second string RB ran for 6.7 yards per carry. :geek

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The other 4 aren't titled that, and btw I didn't quote your post, so I wasn't referring to that one post. I was just stating a fact... that this argument has taken over like 4-5 threads. And it is really f'ing annoying.
Cool maybe we should debate more Collins v. Leary. Would that make you happy?

I mean shit, there isn't anything going on. It's far more interesting then talking about the Brady suspension.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Cool maybe we should debate more Collins v. Leary. Would that make you happy?

I mean shit, there isn't anything going on. It's far more interesting then talking about the Brady suspension.
As long as it doesn't take over multiple threads, I don't care what you argue about.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Based on empirical data, our second string RB ran for 6.7 yards per carry. :geek
You know better than that. Felix and Hambrick had good ypc as backups too.

The empirical data suggests that when Randle gets more carries he's failed.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Merging threads is extremely gay. That is all.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So is hijacking threads with the same argument over and over again.
Is that any different than hijacking threads bitching about any other issue over the years?

There usually is a bitch theme per offseason.

Most of the time it was Jerry, never saw you get offended and talk about how disruptive it was.

Cotton

Staff member
And you can tell who has been doing all the arguing.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
The Running Back position will doom us or not...

It definitely now has the potential to doom us. Gambling on McFadden, one of last years backups and/or a waiver wire addition is a good way to have what could've been an area of strength turn into a potential pitfall.

Cotton

Staff member
Is that any different than hijacking threads bitching about any other issue over the years?

There usually is a bitch theme per offseason.

Most of the time it was Jerry, never saw you get offended and talk about how disruptive it was.
The topic of Jerry is a little more far-reaching than the freakin' RB position.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The topic of Jerry is a little more far-reaching than the freakin' RB position.
The nebulous blame of Jerry Jones is more far-reaching than an actual player? Lookit, this is the first significant personnel shift we have had that has this kind of risk involved since they decided to go cheap on the OL with turds like Phil Costa. We saw how that worked out.

Cotton

Staff member
The nebulous blame of Jerry Jones is more far-reaching than an actual player? Lookit, this is the first significant personnel shift we have had that has this kind of risk involved since they decided to go cheap on the OL with turds like Phil Costa. We saw how that worked out.
I agree, and now we have one nice little tidy place to talk about it.

Cotton

Staff member
Like a I said. Gay.

Have it your way, Felix Unger.
Didn't even get the reference until I googled. Of course, I still don't really get it since I never watched the Odd Couple, ya old bastid.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Hambrick got 4 YPC in 2002. If that's good, 6.7 is amazing.
Felix Jones averaged 8.9 YPC on 30 carries and 5.9 YPC on 116 carries.

We all know how that turned out.

Banking on Randle to be better than that is not wise.

Unfortunately it's what we're left with. That, or hoping McFadden pulls a Charles White/Garrison Hearst turnaround.

Top Bottom