The Outrage Thread

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
All of the schools in Lubbock are locked down tight. No metal detectors, but you can't get into any of the buildings without going through the front office and checking in.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Yeah, I'm not a police officer, so don't try asking me "what I would have done."

The job of police officers is to get in there and stop bad guys at risk to their own lives. I understand none of them want to die and they can't run in there blind but there are too many fat entitled union protected pieces of shit on that job if they know someone is in a building shooting kids and they don't posse up and get the fuck inside. Jesus, if ONE cop is there, he should be rounding up other adults to get in there and surround and take down the shooter. It's an AR, not a death ray. He can't shoot everyone if they are rushing him. Certainly not 19 grown ass adults.

You aren't getting paid $80k and a lifelong pension to be a fucking desk jockey, anyone can do that job. If police in this country aren't going to do hard jobs correctly then they don't need to be paid anything close to what other professionals are paid. Get the fuck off the job. You are getting paid disproportionate to your intelligence and skill level because you are supposed to have the adrenaline necessary to throw yourself into the line of fire to save vulnerable innocents. If you are sitting around for an hour waiting for overwhelming force to show up then this isn't the job for you and kindly fuck off.

I've often thought about my fight vs flight instinct and while I do think I'd probably flee if I had an opening, I think if I'm in a room with 30 other people and a gunman has us all there, I'm whispering to others, yo, as soon as this fuck looks away ten of us need to pounce him. It's way better than sitting there waiting for him to shoot you one at a time.
My uncle is a Navy Seal. He told me the survival they teach is that you must meet any violence with the same amount of violence or greater to survive that situation.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
THIS! These people are fucking stupid.
1. These elitist types are painfully ignorant of anything mechanical/physical
2. Even more, they don't want there to be any answers other than gun control.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
My uncle is a Navy Seal. He told me the survival they teach is that you must meet any violence with the same amount of violence or greater to survive that situation.
So is that indicating that the correct response is to wait an hour until ample firepower has shown up on scene?

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I wonder where he got the money for the guns. They ain't cheap.

UncleMilti

Staff member
So is that indicating that the correct response is to wait an hour until ample firepower has shown up on scene?
No it’s indicating it’s you or the bad guy.

UncleMilti

Staff member
What the fuck, man. This is unbelievable. When do these people have to answer for this?
I think there’s going to be a lot of shit come to light over the next week or so. The shock and trauma will give way to anger, and it’s going to be on.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Can you imagine if that was your child or my child inside and you’re waiting on the fucking cops to go in? Fuck that noise they’d have to kill me.
Yep. they would be forced to shoot me in the back as I ran in.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I mean, if you aren't gonna do your job, maybe we SHOULD defund the police. What the fuck are you for?

Cut budgets and form militias with the savings.

Top Bottom