The Outrage Thread

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
There is a popular article from the doctor who treated the Parkland victims that claims that because the AR-15 round leaves the rifle with three times the velocity as a round from a handgun that it causes more damage when inside the human body (ie, it has more energy so it creates a bigger wave of force that damages internal organs). But this is ignoring that other hunting rifles have far, far more velocity and thus more energy imparted.
Oh, hell yeah. My Winchester 7mm mag will fuck some shit up. And do it accurately from 500+ yards.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
This is tragic.

Yo dawg, you guys have to get into a school in an active shooter situation ASAP. This is not the first time police have delayed in such a situation.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Oh, hell yeah. My Winchester 7mm mag will fuck some shit up. And do it accurately from 500+ yards.
Bro, I have a 45-70 :towel

Fuck your plates

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
There are differences but ironically the AR has been described as not the best home defense weapon because of it's relative lack of stopping power and that the bullet will pass right through the target without a critical hit, necessarily.
That’s correct.
If you are going to use an AR for home defense (I don’t and wouldn’t) your best best is a .300 Blackout using a 10” barrel combined with subsonic ammo. It will not pass thru a target into another room potentially creating lethal wounds to a family member etc.
The 5.56 is too fast for cramped home defense according to most experts.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
The .223/5.56 is not a good stopping power round. It was actually adopted by the military with the changeover to the M16 due to that fact. Sure, it will kill. Any round can and will. But often times, it will only wound. With the idea that a wounded soldier hinders the enemy even more than a dead one. Each wounded soldier requires other soldiers to help get them out of the battle, and requires people and resources to care for them.

And his claim that a rifle round does more damage than a pistol round is complete BS. The biggest reason a rifle is more deadly than a pistol, is range and accuracy. But if we're going strictly on damage caused, hell... I'd rather be shot with an AR15 than say a Kimber .45 any day.
This is a fantastic explanation of the 5.56.
Most people don’t realize the size of the bullets used in the first 2 WWs. They were extremely lethal and destructive. 30.06 was one of the rounds used back then, highly lethal even if you were hit in a lower extremity.

Obviously the idea behind the AR platform was high capacity and light weight, but with that came a smaller cartridge-and one of the consequences of that was less lethal, humane wounds. Hundreds of wounded soldiers need attended to by hundreds of other soldiers to get them off the battlefield which was an extra bonus that arrived with the 5.56 round.

Good stuff, Nodak.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
A shotgun is best for home defense inside your house. Just racking it will scare the shit out of the person that doesn't belong in your house. That, plus At short range it will stop a motherfucker dead in their tracks. But, if you're talking about defending your property, you can't hardly beat an AR.

Cotton

Staff member
This is tragic.

Yo dawg, you guys have to get into a school in an active shooter situation ASAP. This is not the first time police have delayed in such a situation.

Unreal. These officers need to be held accountable for this if this is true.

Cotton

Staff member

It is people like this that makes it damn near impossible to have a reasonable conversation about this shit.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yeah, I'm not a police officer, so don't try asking me "what I would have done."

The job of police officers is to get in there and stop bad guys at risk to their own lives. I understand none of them want to die and they can't run in there blind but there are too many fat entitled union protected pieces of shit on that job if they know someone is in a building shooting kids and they don't posse up and get the fuck inside. Jesus, if ONE cop is there, he should be rounding up other adults to get in there and surround and take down the shooter. It's an AR, not a death ray. He can't shoot everyone if they are rushing him. Certainly not 19 grown ass adults.

You aren't getting paid $80k and a lifelong pension to be a fucking desk jockey, anyone can do that job. If police in this country aren't going to do hard jobs correctly then they don't need to be paid anything close to what other professionals are paid. Get the fuck off the job. You are getting paid disproportionate to your intelligence and skill level because you are supposed to have the adrenaline necessary to throw yourself into the line of fire to save vulnerable innocents. If you are sitting around for an hour waiting for overwhelming force to show up then this isn't the job for you and kindly fuck off.

I've often thought about my fight vs flight instinct and while I do think I'd probably flee if I had an opening, I think if I'm in a room with 30 other people and a gunman has us all there, I'm whispering to others, yo, as soon as this fuck looks away ten of us need to pounce him. It's way better than sitting there waiting for him to shoot you one at a time.

Last edited:

Cotton

Staff member
Yeah, I'm not a police officer, so don't try asking me "what I would have done."

The job of police officers is to get in there and stop bad guys at risk to their own lives. I understand none of them want to die and they can't run in there blind but there are too many fat entitled union protected pieces of shit on that job if they know someone is in a building shooting kids and they don't posse up and get the fuck inside.
To me this is the most infuriating part of all of this. Of course you want to protect your own life, but YOU HAVE A FUCKING JOB TO DO!

Cotton

Staff member

Jesus Christ.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Or how about fire escape/emergency-only doors that are only opened from the inside in the case of said emergency?

This isn't that complicated, Karen Tumulty.

Cotton

Staff member
Or how about fire escape/emergency-only doors that are only opened from the inside in the case of said emergency?

This isn't that complicated, Karen Tumulty.
THIS! These people are fucking stupid.

Top Bottom