The Outrage Thread

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
This article is an abomination of journalism. It's hard to break down everything, but I'ma try.

In both situations performers inhabited characters of racial backgrounds that were different from their own, often referred to as “colorblind casting.” But one provoked the usual apologies and promises to do better while the other was celebrated anew as being a bold exemplar of diversity
First off, what the fuck does this even mean?

The Black and brown founding fathers of “Hamilton” make the story of America something that can finally be owned by people of color, as opposed to the reality, which so often refutes the relevancy of their lives and contributions.
Again, what does this even mean? "As opposed to reality". Should we just say fuck it and make up the past as if it happened in a different way? Would that make things better or more palatable for people? GTFOH. 4% of the American population that fought in the revolutionary war were black. Should we just make shit up and pretend that not only did very few black people fight in the war, but cast people in a play to make it seem as if black people were the ones in power that OWNED SLAVES? Is that really diversity, or is it more pandering?

The history of the practice in live-action takes is more egregious, and has been well-documented: Mickey Rooney’s notorious Asian landlord in “Breakfast at Tiffany’s”; Alec Guinness’s Arab prince in “Lawrence of Arabia”; Laurence Olivier in blackface as Othello. In the past decade alone, Natalie Portman, Emma Stone and Scarlett Johansson, among others, played characters onscreen who were of Asian descent in the source material.
We can do it, but you can't. Is this the answer to diversity?

I'm done with this bullshit. Either we set the rules and everyone plays by them, or there are no fucking rules at all. There is no god damn in between, and I do NOT GIVE ONE SHIT who I offend by this. I am fed the fuck up by the double standard I am being told to live by. I won't have it. And, anyone that tells me I have to can get the fuck out of my life.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
People need to wake up. Public schools are a complete failure.

My wife is searching for a property where she can start a private school. We already filed the paperwork. Montessori teaching. With the hopes of this generation knowing how to do shit like wash dishes, sewing, cooking, gardening, music, among the norms like reading, writing. Etc.

These types of schools in rural areas are going to be the next big boom, imo.

Who wants their kids to be the guinea pig for the first vaccine some drug company puts out for covid-19? That’ll be the first thing these government run day cares will insist on. No vaccine, no entry.

Private schools play by their own rules.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
In all fairness I'm not sure what the guy did wrong but it looked pretty painful.
Antifa beat a cop in that same district with a hammer last night so I really don't care if the cops were a little trigger happy

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Well whoever did that deserves far worse.
It's all the same ones, look thru @mrandyngo twitter account he lists the antifa that get arrested for felonies and yet are still released on pr bonds and then do it again and the circle continues

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

My god.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Wow. From their' "paper":

“It is time to take a stand against Trump’s dangerous, anti-science agenda that puts the lives of our members, our students, and our families at risk,” said UTLA President Cecily Myart-Cruz. “We all want to physically open schools and be back with our students, but lives hang in the balance. Safety has to be the priority
"Anti science agenda"... :doh

The science shows kids aren't at risk and aren't even vectors for transmission. So sick of people claiming "science" even when it directly contradicts their claims.

And that's not to mention all their other claims about "Racsism!" and hating Trump that has zero to do with actually educating kids.

Top Bottom