The Gun Thread

shoop

Semi-contributing member
The other question about what to buy for long term depends on what you are looking for. I know handguns more than long guns. SIG is reliable as heck and moderately priced. Colt and Kimber are expensive but nice pieces. you can find a handgun in almost any rice range. Look for a gun range that will let you rent guns and try a few or find friends that carry different models.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Build your AR. You'll appreciate it more and it teaches you a little more about the firearm. I built my Ar 15 thinking about doing an AR10 next. The lower is about $100. Lower parts $100-200. Upper is running $400-600 right now jeez. Stupid democrats. AR15 would be a little cheaper
This is going to be my next step in my gun fandom. I have never built an AR and want to. I already own an AR10 and AR15, so may just build me a second AR15.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
This is going to be my next step in my gun fandom. I have never built an AR and want to. I already own an AR10 and AR15, so may just build me a second AR15.
Here's the best video I found when I built my first

the hardest part is the keeping the damn detent spring from flying across the room

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I hit the Muther load, y’all! I didn’t realize a business associate owns a gun shop and is licensed to manufacture guns. I’m so damn down to buy a shitload of guns from this guy. I’m getting 3 next weeks. Here is my first purchase.

1BF6530E-DB35-4A66-9CA1-634398327CAF.jpeg

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
My buddy is in Ft Worth is you guys want to check out a badass gun shop.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
My son-in-law went to the Market Hall gun show in Dallas yesterday and I gave him some cash to look out for a couple dif ones I've been wanting and he reported back shit was insane. Was wanting another 10/22 and cheapest he found was $450, also was looking for another lever gun and even 30-30's were going for $700+

Buy what you find at decent prices now.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Yeah. Same here. Went to a show this weekend and prices were silly. I was able to sell a few things which was good but wasn't able to replace any of them.

Cotton

Staff member
My son-in-law went to the Market Hall gun show in Dallas yesterday and I gave him some cash to look out for a couple dif ones I've been wanting and he reported back shit was insane. Was wanting another 10/22 and cheapest he found was $450, also was looking for another lever gun and even 30-30's were going for $700+

Buy what you find at decent prices now.
Good lord, that's ridiculous. Might be time to sell.

I'm just kidding. :lol

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Stopped by a pawn shop to browse after work today and bought a marlin 336 with a bit of surface rust on the barrel for $400, talked them down from $500

roughneck266

DCC 4Life
Get a little bit of 0000 steel wool and it will take the rust right off. Little cold bluing and you're done.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Stopped by a pawn shop to browse after work today and bought a marlin 336 with a bit of surface rust on the barrel for $400, talked them down from $500
You Monster!!

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
You Monster!!
Hey it's gonna take me all of an hour to sand the rust down and reblue it so I can flip it for $800 on gunbroker

Cotton

Staff member
Good find. I am itching to buy another gun, but I just can't see the intelligence in investing right now unless you run across a deal like that.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Has anyone shot either the FN or the Ruger Five Seven? I’m thinking about buying one because I don’t own anything chambered with that round, and I’d like to add one to my collection.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Good find. I am itching to buy another gun, but I just can't see the intelligence in investing right now unless you run across a deal like that.
No shit. The prices for everything are through the roof. Guns are nearly doubled in price, and ammo and reloading materials are 4x. I just paid a lovely premium for primers and brass so I can reload some old Speer 4477 flying ashtray 45 rounds.

Cotton

Staff member
No shit. The prices for everything are through the roof. Guns are nearly doubled in price, and ammo and reloading materials are 4x. I just paid a lovely premium for primers and brass so I can reload some old Speer 4477 flying ashtray 45 rounds.
Now more than ever is the perfect time to get into reloading. I really need to do it myself so I can get more training in.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Now more than ever is the perfect time to get into reloading. I really need to do it myself so I can get more training in.
If you can even find the material, you’ll pay just as much for it as conventional ammo. It’s ridiculous.

Top Bottom