The Gun Thread

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
The AR10 is the .308 equivalent in the AR class. I have one that I got from Palmetto and it is verruh nice. Rounds aren't cheap, but it's a damn good gun to throw optics on to hunt with.
What kind of crack ass drug did you get me hooked on?! The freaking ammo is outrageous!

I guess its too late now. Damn you, Cotton!

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
So, I found out that I am getting a little nugget of cash from my family members that I didn't know about. It isn't a lot or anything crazy but I'd like to use the money to buy something that I can give to my kids. I'm thinking I could invest into some guns. Those items are timeless an super cool. I like the idea of the old me giving guns to my kids and telling them it came from money from land that was handed down and all of that.

When thinking in those terms, what is a family heirloom type gun/s that stands the test of time? I'm open to buy more than one or two.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
What kind of crack ass drug did you get me hooked on?! The freaking ammo is outrageous!

I guess its too late now. Damn you, Cotton!
I told you the ammo wasn't cheap, and it's even more right now than it normally is.

Cotton

Staff member
So, I found out that I am getting a little nugget of cash from my family members that I didn't know about. It isn't a lot or anything crazy but I'd like to use the money to buy something that I can give to my kids. I'm thinking I could invest into some guns. Those items are timeless an super cool. I like the idea of the old me giving guns to my kids and telling them it came from money from land that was handed down and all of that.

When thinking in those terms, what is a family heirloom type gun/s that stands the test of time? I'm open to buy more than one or two.
The Winchester Model 94 30-30 is a very cool gun. But, they may be a little hard to find anymore. I have one that was given to me by my grandfather. It is 72 years old and I have never put a round through it. 72 years old and still has the bluing in it.

Cotton

Staff member
How bout a Kimber?
Well, that are you thinking? Pistol, rifle, shotgun? Kimber makes a damn good gun. The Kimber 1911 is amazing. They are a little pricey, though. The Kimber 1911 9 mill is about a grand.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Well, that are you thinking? Pistol, rifle, shotgun? Kimber makes a damn good gun. The Kimber 1911 is amazing. They are a little pricey, though. The Kimber 1911 9 mill is about a grand.
1911 is amazing looking. Seems like it could stand the test of time. I'm just throwing out ideas here. I am not really super knowledgeable about these things.

Cotton

Staff member
1911 is amazing looking. Seems like it could stand the test of time. I'm just throwing out ideas here. I am not really super knowledgeable about these things.
Kimber makes a really good pistol. So does Sig Sauer. I don't own a Kimber but I own two Sigs, and I have shot both Kimbers and Sigs, and you can't go wrong with either.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
FYI @skidadl @Iamtdg my soninlaw turned me onto this new site texasguntrader.com thats pretty much craigslist but just for person to person gun sales in Texas. Some nice deals on it

Cotton

Staff member
FYI @skidadl @Iamtdg my soninlaw turned me onto this new site texasguntrader.com thats pretty much craigslist but just for person to person gun sales in Texas. Some nice deals on it
Already a member. Mewe is also a nice way to buy/sell in your local area.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Already a member. Mewe is also a nice way to buy/sell in your local area.
Not sure I need another gun site but adding it now. I may or may not have bought 4 guns in the last 2 weeks upon learning of the Texas site :unsure

Cotton

Staff member
Guns are a really good investment.

That's all I came in here to say.

I should probably preface that with now is not the best time to buy guns as an investment. :unsure

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I should probably preface that with now is not the best time to buy guns as an investment. :unsure
True, but if the Dems get rid of the filibuster this may be our last chance to buy before there is a registry

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Build your AR. You'll appreciate it more and it teaches you a little more about the firearm. I built my Ar 15 thinking about doing an AR10 next. The lower is about $100. Lower parts $100-200. Upper is running $400-600 right now jeez. Stupid democrats. AR15 would be a little cheaper

Top Bottom