The Gun Control Debate Thread

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
This whole gun debate thing has really lit a fire under me in the gun department. I haven't own one in years, now I have 3 of them. Don't gun sales go way up during these times?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Anything over 5 rounds is high capacity to some people.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

:mad

2233boys

Not So New Member

Fu*king Pennsylvania

We have a guy that shows up to our Democratic meetings and other city meetings sometimes strapped. Our city tried to pass an ordinance prohibiting that (council meetings) from my understanding but can't because of the state Constitution.

That's fine if we can't, I understand that is the law. Regardless, that guy is a douche, if I happen to see it I will say something.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Fu*king Pennsylvania

We have a guy that shows up to our Democratic meetings and other city meetings sometimes strapped. Our city tried to pass an ordinance prohibiting that (council meetings) from my understanding but can't because of the state Constitution.

That's fine if we can't, I understand that is the law. Regardless, that guy is a douche, if I happen to see it I will say something.
Those people in that article are Moonies, some of the craziest of the crazies. I don't remember hearing anything about them in years, was surprised they're still around

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Fu*king Pennsylvania

I throw those idiots in the same pile as the people wearing the pussy hats. It's all a bunch of idiots doing shit for shock value.

2233boys

Not So New Member
Those people in that article are Moonies, some of the craziest of the crazies. I don't remember hearing anything about them in years, was surprised they're still around
I know I was surprised they were still around too

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Props to Florida for some common sense gun laws today.

Raise the age to purchase a firearm to 21 from 18

Require a three-day waiting period for firearm purchases, with some exceptions

Ban the sale or possession of bump fire stocks, which allow a semiautomatic weapon to fire more like an automatic weapon

Ban people deemed "mentally defective" or who have been committed to a mental institution from owning or possessing firearms until a court grants relief, adding to a current ban on gun purchases for the same people

Let a law enforcement officer temporarily seize firearms from someone they're already taking into custody for an involuntary mental health assessment

Provide additional funding for armed school resource officers and mental health services

Enact the Coach Aaron Feis Guardian Program, which would allow some teachers to be armed if both the local school district and local sheriff's department agree

But there are several caveats to the program that would arm some teachers:

- Teachers who "exclusively perform classroom duties as classroom teachers" won't be allowed to carry guns on campus, unless they have military or law enforcement experience or if they teach a Junior Reserve Officers' Training Corps program;

- The program is voluntary; no one will be required to carry a gun; and

- Qualified staff members who want to carry a gun must take 144 hours of training.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
And like clockwork the cunts at the NRA file a lawsuit to block the new Florida law

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Yeah, because supporting an actual constitutional right is bad. Bit stupid activist judges ruling against an obvious presidential power regarding immigration, that's a good thing. Or places like California and other places violating federal laws regarding immigration, those are all fine.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
YOu don't think that asses in Florida wrote this law knowing it was going to get overturned do you? Oh noes, that sort of wasted effort would be silly wouldn't it? :picard

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Props to Florida for some common sense gun laws today.

Raise the age to purchase a firearm to 21 from 18

Require a three-day waiting period for firearm purchases, with some exceptions

Ban the sale or possession of bump fire stocks, which allow a semiautomatic weapon to fire more like an automatic weapon

Ban people deemed "mentally defective" or who have been committed to a mental institution from owning or possessing firearms until a court grants relief, adding to a current ban on gun purchases for the same people

Let a law enforcement officer temporarily seize firearms from someone they're already taking into custody for an involuntary mental health assessment

Provide additional funding for armed school resource officers and mental health services

Enact the Coach Aaron Feis Guardian Program, which would allow some teachers to be armed if both the local school district and local sheriff's department agree

But there are several caveats to the program that would arm some teachers:

- Teachers who "exclusively perform classroom duties as classroom teachers" won't be allowed to carry guns on campus, unless they have military or law enforcement experience or if they teach a Junior Reserve Officers' Training Corps program;

- The program is voluntary; no one will be required to carry a gun; and

- Qualified staff members who want to carry a gun must take 144 hours of training.
Don’t think you’d see many people complain about most of these changes.

Top Bottom