The Great Police Work Thread

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Thank you. I thought at some point I heard about about a physical confrontation but I was involved with something else at the time and didn't digest what I was hearing. I haven't heard about it any more since.
I've also seen that Holder is calling for a second autopsy so I guess the first backed up the officers report

Kbrown

Not So New Member
None of that directly contradicts the witnesses' reports, save for that of Brown's partner in crime.

They saw what appeared to be the officer pulling him in to the cruiser, which was him leaning in. They saw him running away and putting his hands up, which the officer corroborates.

And, sorry, it has a ring of truth, a lot more than a 6 year veteran officer who has received service commendations decides to try to yank a 300 pounder through his window then shoots him for no reason in broad daylight in the middle of a residential street.

If, and a big if, the Facebook post is legit.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
None of that directly contradicts the witnesses' reports, save for that of Brown's partner in crime.

They saw what appeared to be the officer pulling him in to the cruiser, which was him leaning in. They saw him running away and putting his hands up, which the officer corroborates.

And, sorry, it has a ring of truth, a lot more than a 6 year veteran officer who has received service commendations decides to try to yank a 300 pounder through his window then shoots him for no reason in broad daylight in the middle of a residential street.

If, and a big if, the Facebook post is legit.
Ok just so I am not putting words in your mouth are you saying because he got into a fight with the cop he deserved to be shot?

:unsure

:tippytoe

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Ok just so I am not putting words in your mouth are you saying because he got into a fight with the cop he deserved to be shot?

:unsure

:tippytoe
I know you're joking, but if he went for the cops gun, he definitely deserved to get shot, IMO.

Cotton

Staff member
That was just a straight up cut and paste. But yeah, if the guy was beating on the cop and went for his gun, it was justified.
Love you.

Mean it.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
I know you're joking, but if he went for the cops gun, he definitely deserved to get shot, IMO.
I don't know if anyone ever really "deserves"to get shot, but a struggle for an officer's sidearm justifies deadly force, as does charging toward an officer whom you greatly outweigh after having been shot once (suggesting drug use).

All assuming the story's true, of course.

Cotton

Staff member
I don't know if anyone ever really "deserves"to get shot, but a struggle for an officer's sidearm justifies deadly force, as does charging toward an officer whom you greatly outweigh after having been shot once (suggesting drug use).

All assuming the story's true, of course.
Do you think someone breaking into your house deserves to be shot? Because, protecting your family in your home and protecting your family by keeping yourself alive is one and the same to me.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Do you think someone breaking into your house deserves to be shot? Because, protecting your family in your home and protecting your family by keeping yourself alive is one and the same to me.
I am probably just arguing semantics. I don't like the idea of making the call that a human being deserves to die, but the use of deadly force is sometimes justified.

Like I said, probably just semantics.

Cotton

Staff member
I am probably just arguing semantics. I don't like the idea of making the call that a human being deserves to die, but the use of deadly force is sometimes justified.

I would kill anyone that breaks into my home. Call me judge, jury and executioner if you would like, but I wouldn't hesitate to cast judgement.

Not meaning you in particular when using the word "you" but you get what I mean.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard

It's not so much that they "deserve" it, it's that it's justified and the actions they took are their responsibility. I get it.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
How did this kid get shot in the back of the head with an exit wound coming out of his eye if the officer didn't shoot him in the back?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
How did this kid get shot in the back of the head with an exit wound coming out of his eye if the officer didn't shoot him in the back?
It probably wasn't the first round striking him. Once he catches one in the abdomen, the force of it probably spun him around. If the officer was squeezing off rounds quickly, once the guy started spinning around, a round could easily have hit him in the back of the head as he was turning and going down to the ground.

But, you know, that fukking pig probably just waited until he was running away to shoot him in the back of the head. Then, after that one hit, the guy turned and started coming back towards the cop and took the rest of them. Tough dude.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
It wasn't in the back of the head, it was from the top of the head exiting his eye sustained when he was charging the officer

BipolarFuk

Demoted
The family autopsy found that Brown was shot at least six times, including two shots to his head. Three of the bullets may have re-entered his body, causing additional damage, Baden said.

One wound to his arm was consistent with a witness statement that Brown was walking away and appeared to jerk, as if shot, Parcells said. The wounds to his arm could have also have occurred while he had his hands up, possibly in a defensive posture, Parcells said.

One of the bullets entered his head and came out through his eye; another -- likely the fatal wound, Baden said -- struck Brown on the top of his head and caused irreparable damage to his brain.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
It probably wasn't the first round striking him. Once he catches one in the abdomen, the force of it probably spun him around. If the officer was squeezing off rounds quickly, once the guy started spinning around, a round could easily have hit him in the back of the head as he was turning and going down to the ground.

But, you know, that fukking pig probably just waited until he was running away to shoot him in the back of the head. Then, after that one hit, the guy turned and started coming back towards the cop and took the rest of them. Tough dude.
I'm actually pleased with this shooting.

Way past time one of these idiots got shot for walking down the middle of the street with a sidewalk 6 feet away.

Cotton

Staff member

Do you know how hard it is to hit a moving target with a pistol? Let alone a target so small as one's head. That fucker was a damn good shot if Bipo is right.

Which he's not.

Cotton

Staff member
I'm actually pleased with this shooting.

Way past time one of these idiots got shot for walking down the middle of the street with a sidewalk 6 feet away.
Yeah, that's why he shot him. What a stupid thing to say.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I object to people continuing to call a 300lb adult a "teen" in a deliberate attempt to make him sound younger than he was. It's Trayvon depicted as a 12 year old in the media all over again.

Top Bottom