The Great Police Work Thread

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would imagine the cops were on pretty high alert given the situation between Israel and Pakistan right now, and were given strict orders to eliminate anything that could possible cause the situation to get out of hand. The guy was asking some hot button issue type questions. I see nothing at all wrong with what the cops did. They separated the shit stirrer from the mob.
I guess I still support freedom of speech but that's just me.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I guess I still support freedom of speech but that's just me.
He wasn't protesting anything or free speeching anything. He was inciting the people that were protesting. If that meant it was causing a potential problem in a very volatile with the people actually enacting their free speech right, he should have been removed from the situation, just as he was.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He wasn't protesting anything or free speeching anything. He was inciting the people that were protesting. If that meant it was causing a potential problem in a very volatile with the people actually enacting their free speech right, he should have been removed from the situation, just as he was.
What? He was asking the guys questions and video taping it in a public place. That is exactly what exercising freedom of speech is. No one in that situation demonstrated any aggression towards another person except for the officer.

Cotton

Staff member
What? He was asking the guys questions and video taping it in a public place. That is exactly what exercising freedom of speech is. No one in that situation demonstrated any aggression towards another person except for the officer.
Have you been paying attention to the news at all? It was potentially a very volatile situation. The last thing the situation needs is some freedom fighter asking pointed questions.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Have you been paying attention to the news at all? It was potentially a very volatile situation. The last thing the situation needs is some freedom fighter asking pointed questions.
So freedom of speech should be suspended when ever police deem it necessary?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Just because you can doesnt mean you should.

Cotton

Staff member
So freedom of speech should be suspended when ever police deem it necessary?
Say they let this dipshit have his run of things and it caused the situation to escalate causing a riot. Then would the cops be held accountable for not stopping it when they could?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Say they let this dipshit have his run of things and it caused the situation to escalate causing a riot. Then would the cops be held accountable for not stopping it when they could?
The cops could stop all violence by keeping everyone cuffed and in chains at all times. Point is you can't give cops unlimited power to try and stop crimes from being committed. You end up instead infringing on many innocent people's rights. If dumbasses do illegal stuff then put a stop to it. Until they actually are doing something illegal, the officers should stand there and try to look pretty.

Cotton

Staff member
The cops could stop all violence by keeping everyone cuffed and in chains at all times. Point is you can't give cops unlimited power to try and stop crimes from being committed. You end up instead infringing on many innocent people's rights. If dumbasses do illegal stuff then put a stop to it. Until they actually are doing something illegal, the officers should stand there and try to look pretty.
Right, so you didn't answer my question. Would the cops be held accountable if they let a situation escalate because some dipshit with a cellphone wanted to question a protest causing it to escalate beyond 100 people against 5 cops?

Cotton

Staff member
"Fire" in a movie theater or "bomb" in a building/airport.

What is this - Auschwitz?
Your responses are always so damn vague. So, I'm just going to go ahead and assume you agree with me.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Right, so you didn't answer my question. Would the cops be held accountable if they let a situation escalate because some dipshit with a cellphone wanted to question a protest causing it to escalate beyond 100 people against 5 cops?
No one would hold the cops liable for not shoving a guy out of there for doing nothing offensive and breaking no laws when no one was displaying a bit of aggression.

Cotton

Staff member
No one would hold the cops liable for not shoving a guy out of there for doing nothing offensive and breaking no laws when no one was displaying a bit of aggression.
Right. After a riot breaks out an eye witness says, "What's really crazy is, the cops were standing right there and did nothing to prevent it!".

Whatever.

Cotton

Staff member
Riots are never the fault of the police.
That's actually correct. They are the fault of dumbass criminals/social injustice boys that you are trying to shelter the cops from.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Right. After a riot breaks out an eye witness says, "What's really crazy is, the cops were standing right there and did nothing to prevent it!".

Whatever.
Really? Please show me some videos of that outrage because I've never seen it? No one ever blames the police for criminals being criminals.

Jon88

Banned
That's actually correct. They are the fault of dumbass criminals/social injustice boys that you are trying to shelter the cops from.
I'm not sheltering anyone. The guy was doing nothing wrong. They shoved him and him in handcuffs because they could.

Cotton

Staff member
Really? Please show me some videos of that outrage because I've never seen it? No one ever blames the police for criminals being criminals.
The point is, cops have to be cops. You can't get around that and you can't perfect the system, but when there is a situation like this where there could be nasty violence, the cops are on high alert and did the right thing separating the instigator from the mob. He was poking them about their position, and was only going to make things worse. They did the right thing. Even though the "victim" got himself detained. Poor guy.

Top Bottom