The Great Police Work Thread

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I am reading this and it leads me to one question. What is the alternative to having a police force?

2233boys

Not So New Member
For the record I'm not in the 'hate cops' category, except when one has very recently pissed me off, but it's been years since the last time and I'm over it.

I just question the mission they are being asked to perform a lot of the time.

Opposing the Iraq war doesn't mean you hate soldiers and opposing the war on drugs doesn't mean you hate cops.

I also oppose driving around, randomly stopping people for being "suspicious" too, because that's basically just harassing the public and that kind of crap is the main thing that puts them in danger. Cops should go places in response to calls, not go around looking for trouble to get into or revenue to generate through chicken-shit radar tickets.

Basically, I support making the Cops' jobs easier, safer, and less stressful for them and less annoying, invasive and dangerous for the rest of us.
I agree with war on drugs. It's ineffective and stupid and why we have so many people in jail. Change the laws.

Radar stops for speeding aren't chicken shit they are needed. Obey the rules and you won't be pulled over, and putting other people in danger .

jeebs

Brand New Member
I am reading this and it leads me to one question. What is the alternative to having a police force?
No one wants no police, we are arguing for less police. We are arguing against the militarization of police and the expansion of their power.

Our options aren't no police, or live in a police state. Those are false choices.

We need to do something about the fact that an officer is statistically far more likely to shoot an innocent person than to be shot... And they are the ones scared?

Last edited:

BipolarFuk

Demoted
The parents of a 19-month-old severely injured when police threw a flash bang grenade into his playpen during a raid met with federal authorities in Georgia Tuesday to plead for justice.

The toddler, Bou Bou Phonesavanh, remains in a medically induced coma two weeks after he was blasted in the face and chest during a botched drug raid on the Habersham County house, where he and his parents were staying following a fire at their Wisconsin home.

So far, state and federal agents, including the Georgie Bureau of Investigations and investigators from two district attorneys' offices, have found no wrongdoing in last month's predawn raid.

At a news conference Tuesday, the tot's father, Bounkham Phonesavanh said the officers who lobbed the explosive into his sleeping child's playpen showed no remorse afterward, and lied to he and his wife about the extent of his injuries, saying the boy had only lost a tooth, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.

"The officers cursed and yelled at us and threatened to arrest me after we expressed our concern for our son," Phonesavanh said, according to NBC Atlanta.

The tot suffered severe burns and wounds to his face and chest, and was in critical condition at Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta.

Phonesavanh recalled the horror of seeing the boy's blood-spattered crib and hearing his horrific screams. They didn't realize how bad he was injured until they got to the hospital a short while later.

Habersham County authorities were searching for alleged drug dealer Wanis Thonetheva, 30, when they broke down the door of the darkened Corneila pad, located some 90 miles northeast of Atlanta.

Thonetheva, who was not at the home, was wanted for selling meth to an undercover officer.

Cops have said they had reason to believe there were armed men inside and were told by a confidential informant that no children were at the home.

But Phonesavanh, his wife, Alecia, along with Bou Bouand his three older sisters, were inside; they'd been staying with Thonetheva, Phonesavanh's newphew, for about two months after a fire destroyed their Wisconsin home.

No drugs or weapons were found at the house.

The family met with Georgia Bureau of Investigations and the FBI for three hours on Tuesday.

At Tuesday's conference, Mawuli Mel Davis, the family's attorney, discounted the authorities' account of the raid, saying the SWAT team had mistaken the house for a fortified drug den complete with armed guards stationed at the entryway.

Davis also said the team should have known there were children inside because a minivan with four child seats was parked in the driveway, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.

He also said a TV was on in the room where little Bou Bou was sleeping, disputing police claims that the entryway was dark but appeared empty when they tossed the stun grenade inside.

The Phonesavanhs said they never saw any drugs at the house. Thonetheva hadn't lived there since they moved in, Davis said, according to the newspaper.

"We love our children and would never put them in harm's way by involving ourselves in drugs," Alecia Phonesavanh said.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/parents-toddler-injured-flash-bang-botched-raid-call-justice-article-1.1825366#ixzz362dHkO7g

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Oh yeah, these parents really put that child in harm's way.

Some dipshit that doesn't even live there sold some meth to a cop so they go fucking terrorist hunting on this household based on some horseshit that there were no kids there and people were armed. Totally believable and justified on SWAT's part because what kind of miniscule odds are there that kids live there with a minivan full of fucking car seats and toy scattered everywhere?

BUT GOTTA GET THAT DUDE SELLING A BAG OF FUCKING METH AT ALL COSTS AND ANY MEANS NECESSARY!!!

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I agree with war on drugs. It's ineffective and stupid and why we have so many people in jail. Change the laws.

Radar stops for speeding aren't chicken shit they are needed. Obey the rules and you won't be pulled over, and putting other people in danger .
every other country in the world does it with cameras, no need to use cops.

JBond

Brand New Member
every other country in the world does it with cameras, no need to use cops.
That is another thing pissing me off. The government is filming our every move. Every single thing we do is monitored and recorded. What I do is no ones damn business.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That is another thing pissing me off. The government is filming our every move. Every single thing we do is monitored and recorded. What I do is no ones damn business.
I think every move of an officer should be recorded. It would solve a ton of problems.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Cop caught speeding while driving on wet roads and while using cell phone. Pretty comical how the cop initially tries to lie about it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cop caught speeding while driving on wet roads and while using cell phone. Pretty comical how the cop initially tries to lie about it.

I think the best is how much the officers attitude changes by the end.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I think every move of an officer should be recorded. It would solve a ton of problems.
Absolutely. Make them accountable for their actions. It's about the best solution I can think of to try and reel in cops who seem to feel that because they have a badge they can act like/do whatever the hell they want. I think recording their every move would go a long way towards that. If they know they have to answer for their actions instead of getting away with them I'd think that would be a big deterrent for a lot of the unacceptable behavior that goes on. That's assuming that they would face punishment comparable to what a private citizen would face for their indiscretions when it is deserved.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Fuck truckers. They think they own the road and everyone should yield to them.

They're all pieces of shit.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Absolutely. Make them accountable for their actions. It's about the best solution I can think of to try and reel in cops who seem to feel that because they have a badge they can act like/do whatever the hell they want. I think recording their every move would go a long way towards that. If they know they have to answer for their actions instead of getting away with them I'd think that would be a big deterrent for a lot of the unacceptable behavior that goes on. That's assuming that they would face punishment comparable to what a private citizen would face for their indiscretions when it is deserved.
It would not only do that, but it would also curb some of this, "OMG ALL TEHCOPS R HURRIBLE!!!" nonsense. Perception is reality, though, I guess. So, maybe it wouldn't.

Cotton

Staff member
Fuck truckers. They think they own the road and everyone should yield to them.

They're all pieces of shit.
A lot of them are, but some are polite and courteous.

jeebs

Brand New Member
Well, I've seen a couple truckers that were like that.

So I can only assume that they all are.

Everywhere.
oh, I see what you are doing here. I am kind of slow, I didn't catch on the first time.

Cotton

Staff member
I love the accompanying music.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It would not only do that, but it would also curb some of this, "OMG ALL TEHCOPS R HURRIBLE!!!" nonsense. Perception is reality, though, I guess. So, maybe it wouldn't.

That's my thought exactly. It would curb poor police behavior while at the same time curbing the lies that people who get arrested tell as well. I love having video because it is so much more definitive. Police reports are obviously written in a light most favorable to an officer and defendant's will always tell a story most favorable to themselves. Video is like that unbiased middle that can actually tell a true story.

Top Bottom