The Game Rewind Thread

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I was completely ambushed by the Canada thing. I don't remember it being a real possibility in the days leading up to the draft.
Seriously. I looked at it as Rocket not being sure he was NFL material

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
To this day he claims they traded up for Maryland and were only negotiating with Rocket for due diligence.
But they also more or less admitted RM wasn't worth the #1 overall pick, but he had a high floor so they went ahead and did it.

So this could be like when he claimed Walsh was always drafted to be a trade chip, which I know was a lie.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I was completely ambushed by the Canada thing. I don't remember it being a real possibility in the days leading up to the draft.
You were an uninformed fool.

Mel Kiper and Joel Buchsbaum were serving this news up at $1.99 a minute back in the day.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
don't make me envision that sad, anorexic gimp
When he was talking in that thick New York accent, you knew what he was. Nobody ever saw him until it was revealed how he lived. Put some respect in that man’s name. He was not Todd McShay.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
When he was talking in that thick New York accent, you knew what he was. Nobody ever saw him until it was revealed how he lived. Put some respect in that man’s name. He was not Todd McShay.
He loved the art of scouting in its purest form and didn't give a fuck about anything except finding good football players, we'll never see another like him.

Conversely, he likely had some sort of significant mental illness.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Didn't Belichick show up at his funeral? Pretty impressive.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
12/21/22 - Cowboys at Jaguars.

My recording picks up right at halftime, Cowboys are up 21-7.

How did we lose this game again?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
First drive for the Jags and Quinn makes a big mistake allowing Barr in single coverage against Christian Kirk. Big fat 30 yard gain gives them life.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
All of these drives had turnovers, the Bland INT, FG. The Kearse strip should have ended the game.

1:25 left and you can't get 10. Cute plays mixed in with Elliott, then a deep pass to Noah Goddamn Brown gives them the ball back with 1:13 left. Incredible how we sometimes miss these details that cost us football games.

Last edited:

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
12/21/22 - Cowboys at Jaguars.

My recording picks up right at halftime, Cowboys are up 21-7.

How did we lose this game again?
Otherwise known as the game that ended Kelvin Joseph's career as a CB. That's how we lost, primarily.

It also took some really flukey shit on that last drive of regulation for the Jags to get into FG range.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Otherwise known as the game that ended Kelvin Joseph's career as a CB. That's how we lost, primarily.

It also took some really flukey shit on that last drive of regulation for the Jags to get into FG range.
3rd and 10 right here with :50 left in regulation. Wright allows a first down catch to Kirk.

That set up the tying FG as much as anything. Then down to :12, it looked like a fuck up between Diggs/Wright.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
In OT, the first Jags drive goes nowhere.

The Dallas response started well with a pitch to Pollard, followed by a run right up the gut by Pollard for six.

2nd and 4 was huge. It was a gay interior handoff to Pollard with a bunch formation on the strongside that was an exact mirror of the previous play.

3rd and 4. Well....that is game.

In terms of the defense, I liked a lot of what Quinn was doing with his rushers in long yardage in the 4th Quarter. It was spread out with Williams/Parsons on one side, Lawrence and Fowler on the other. The real holes in coverage were underneath against Barr and Clark. Bland did get left alone a lot and like Diggs, his INT really covered up a lot.

Top Bottom