The Coronavirus Thread...

lostxn

DCC 4Life

Here's some of that just the facts reporting from Cuomo yall :lol
...this Twitter clip is very misleading. When Trump said the cases were going to zero (2/26) the only thing he had done was close down China. Closing down Europe came much later (3/14). The question he is being asked is in retrospect. By the way apparently 40,000 people have flown from China since the "travel ban."

Cuomo's point is that it was irresponsible to downplay the virus which Trump did do. The entire conservative media followed suit. You guys on this board posted stuff about how it wasn't worth shutting down the economy when it would only save 30,000 lives when the true number was likely 2-3 million. You guys mocked the press for overstating the danger. Then once Trump finally figured out the scope of the thing you guys changed your tune, meanwhile blaming the media and the libs for everything (well and China). People were asking if the number of confirmed cases was being inflated. All sort of crazy shit because you wanted to cling to the idea that your media and President hadn't blundered terribly.

Sorry if you don't like this point but 1) it's true and 2) you're gonna be hearing a chorus of this shit. Ignorant comments by Trump, Kudlow, Mulvaney are gonna be played again and again and again. Of course, people will run interference of your side or run that deep fake of Biden saying it's a hoax. On and on it goes.

Bottom line, your guy reacted late and we're getting hammered. Fortunately we're turning the corner now because people are generally following the recommendations. However, more could be done. We need people wearing masks when they are out. Not 1/2 of people. Everybody. We need testing to be public and widespread in all states. We need to continue the lockdown but we need a plan to return to work that doesn't allow the virus to sneak out again. We'll see but things are about to crest so I'm hopeful it won't be too bad in my city.

Last edited:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Free market doesn’t necessarily equate the best quality, unfortunately. I wish there was was a way that Pizza Hut wasn’t the #1 selling pizza in America or McDs >> Whataburger.

Although govt involvement here probably makes it harder to start and grow small businesses with all the startup/maintaining costs like safety regulations, worker benefit regulations, standards this and that, govt approvals this and that.
Apparently, you are lost on the idea of free market. If the market dictates that Pizza Hut is the #1 pizza chain, the they will be the most profitable. That doesn't mean they are the best pizza by your definition, but the market does dictate it, regardless.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
...this Twitter clip is very misleading. When Trump said the cases were going to zero (2/26) the only thing he had done was close down China. Closing down Europe came much later (3/14). The question he is being asked is in retrospect. By the way apparently 40,000 people have flown from China since the "travel ban."

Cuomo's point is that it was irresponsible to downplay the virus which Trump did do. The entire conservative media followed suit. You guys on this board posted stuff about how it wasn't worth shutting down the economy when it would only save 30,000 lives when the true number was likely 2-3 million. You guys mocked the press for overstating the danger. Then once Trump finally figured out the scope of the thing you guys changed your tune, meanwhile blaming the media and the libs for everything (well and China). People were asking if the number of confirmed cases was being inflated. All sort of crazy shit because you wanted to cling to the idea that your media and President hadn't blundered terribly.

Sorry if you don't like this point but 1) it's true and 2) you're gonna be hearing a chorus of this shit. Ignorant comments by Trump, Kudlow, Mulvaney are gonna be played again and again and again. Of course, people will run interference of your side or run that deep fake of Biden saying it's a hoax. On and on it goes.

Bottom line, your guy reacted late and we're getting hammered. Fortunately we're turning the corner now because people are generally following the recommendations. However, more could be done. We need people wearing masks when they are out. Not 1/2 of people. Everybody. We need testing to be public and widespread in all states. We need to continue the lockdown but we need a plan to return to work that doesn't allow the virus to sneak out again. We'll see but things are about to crest so I'm hopeful it won't be too bad in my city.
AYFKM??? Bottom line is Cuomo edited the video removing part of what Trump said! He didn't just cut it off, he literally cut out a section!!!

Cotton

Staff member

WGAS? He intentionally deleted part of the video content to try to make a point. WGAS about his point? If you try to make a point on untruths then your point is rendered invalid. As much as you bitch about Trump lying, you would think you had that part down.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
AYFKM??? Bottom line is Cuomo edited the video removing part of what Trump said! He didn't just cut it off, he literally cut out a section!!!
WGAS? He intentionally deleted part of the video content to try to make a point. WGAS about his point? If you try to make a point on untruths then your point is rendered invalid. As much as you bitch about Trump lying, you would think you had that part down.
Really drives his point home when he has the audacity to lecture other people about going to any length to defend Trump, eh? :lol

Hypocrisy. It's ok if you're a Democrat.

Last edited:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Technically correct perhaps.

But when your son-in-law does, doesn't register well in terms of optics.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
How much does his son in law own? What company? I doubt there's a lot to be made in a generic anyway, is there?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
How much does his son in law own? What company? I doubt there's a lot to be made in a generic anyway, is there?
When even George Conway called this attack stupid you know there's nothing there

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not enough to pimp the drug. Sorry people are just digging for shit that isn't there. Trump is just a sunshine pumper, his claims for the medication are nothing more than that.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Not enough to pimp the drug. Sorry people are just digging for shit that isn't there. Trump is just a sunshine pumper, his claims for the medication are nothing more than that.
Yes, because Trump has always been a guy looking on the bright side for his fellow man.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Except the point that Trump was making was also bullshit. He was saying he had done all of these things which he had not at the time of those statements. As much as you bitch about the media lying, you would think you had that part down.

Last edited:

lostxn

DCC 4Life
So this was scary. Had a guy with a fever and abdominal pain today. So I figure, no COVID but since I'm scanning his belly, I'll just take a look-see at his lungs while I'm at it. You have to keep a high index of suspicion. Boom. COVID. Well, likely anyway. The swab test will tell in 24-28 hours. I sprinted to tell the RN and she's in there with a surgical mask and gloves. I told her to put her damn N95 on.

Ughh...got to stay vigilant with this shit.

Cotton

Staff member
Technically correct perhaps.
This is a sure sign of TDS. He doesn't tell a lie and instead of saying, "Well, I guess he's right", you spin it into "But, his son in law does!!!!" Was he supposed to offer that up when asked the question, or just answer the question?

Cotton

Staff member
Except the point that Trump was making was also bullshit. He was saying he had done all of these things which he had not at the time of those statements. As much as you bitch about the media lying, you would think you had that part down.
None of that has jack nor shit to do with him deleting part of the video.

Cotton

Staff member
So this was scary. Had a guy with a fever and abdominal pain today. So I figure, no COVID but since I'm scanning his belly, I'll just take a look-see at his lungs while I'm at it. You have to keep a high index of suspicion. Boom. COVID. Well, likely anyway. The swab test will tell in 24-28 hours. I sprinted to tell the RN and she's in there with a surgical mask and gloves. I told her to put her damn N95 on.

Ughh...got to stay vigilant with this shit.
That really sucks, man.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

Staff member

Top Bottom