The Coronavirus Thread...

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
If someone is applying for VA benefits for anything it must be service related. It doesn’t matter what it is nor does it become valid just because they were in the service at the time it was manifested, The claim must show that the service caused it. I know there are a lot of current and former veterans who think they were a contracted recipient by being in the service at the time of the problem but that alone doesn’t verify benefits. You must show that the complaint was caused by serving in the military and furnish evidence as such then it will be processed and a determination will be made as to authorized benefits. This can be done even after the service time but it must be attributable to the time that one served.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If someone is applying for VA benefits for anything it must be service related. It doesn’t matter what it is nor does it become valid just because they were in the service at the time it was manifested, The claim must show that the service caused it. I know there are a lot of current and former veterans who think they were a contracted recipient by being in the service at the time of the problem but that alone doesn’t verify benefits. You must show that the complaint was caused by serving in the military and furnish evidence as such then it will be processed and a determination will be made as to authorized benefits. This can be done even after the service time but it must be attributable to the time that one served.
I mean if they forced him to take the shot, how would that not be service related?

Irving Cowboy

DCC 4Life
He can't just claim that he got myocarditis from the Moderna shot. He has to prove what they call a "nexus" between the two things. Trust me, I've been dealing with the VA for 13 years now since I retired.

roughneck266

DCC 4Life
He can't just claim that he got myocarditis from the Moderna shot. He has to prove what they call a "nexus" between the two things. Trust me, I've been dealing with the VA for 13 years now since I retired.
I am assuming they have that already. There are a lot of people that have gotten it from the jab. In his case, I would assume it's pretty obvious he didn't have it before.

Irving Cowboy

DCC 4Life
I am assuming they have that already. There are a lot of people that have gotten it from the jab. In his case, I would assume it's pretty obvious he didn't have it before.
By the same token, people have been developing myocarditis long before COVID came along. Just telling you what the VA will probably come back with.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
That's the beauty of it for all these companies, or in this case the military.... How can anyone prove their action is what caused the problem?

It's almost impossible.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
a lot of people are complaining that the boosters are no longer free. that might cut down on the vaccinations, at least among the uninsured.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
By the same token, people have been developing myocarditis long before COVID came along. Just telling you what the VA will probably come back with.
Yeah causation is going to be what the VA is going to argue. Which feels ridiculous because the odds of a healthy 24 year old getting Myocarditis have to be astronomically slim. And it's a known side effect of the jab. But that doesn't mean they won't make you prove it.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I mean if they forced him to take the shot, how would that not be service related?
If they can show that the shot caused problem that is the under investigation then yes. However if they allege the causation and do not show proof or evidence that the shot actually caused the problem then they haven’t met the burden of proof and the claim will be denied.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Top Bottom