The Coronavirus Thread...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
This makes sense, though at some point those antibodies fade.

The vaccine also fades in effectiveness over time.

Eventually you either pump the vaccine (or get sick again) to pump the levels back up.
Or we can live with it, like we do THE FUCKING FLU!

Jesus fucking Christ, I am tired of this shit. We have accepted risks in life that we just deal with. Getting in a car, getting in a plane, going out in public. We accept these things because if we didn't we would never leave our houses. It's the same damn thing with this fucking bullshit. I'm tired. I'm tired of hearing about it. If it had even a 5% mortality rate, I might be with some of these crazed lunatics worried about this bull shit with paper on their face. But, it doesn't have that mortality rate, so I'm not, and neither should anyone else. Fucking get over it, take the risk, and get the fuck back to normal. This is stupid.

BTW, this was not directed at you. I'm just tired of all of it.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member

Jesus fucking Christ, I am tired of this shit. We have accepted risks in life that we just deal with. Getting in a car, getting in a plane, going out in public. We accept these things because if we didn't we would never leave our houses. It's the same damn thing with this fucking bullshit. I'm tired. I'm tired of hearing about it. If it had even a 5% mortality rate, I might be with some of these crazed lunatics worried about this bull shit with paper on their face. But, it doesn't have that mortality rate, so I'm not, and neither should anyone else. Fucking get over it, take the risk, and get the fuck back to normal. This is stupid.

I’m ok if folks are super concerned about it. I can understand the concerns. As long as I’m allowed to do whatever I want then I have no problem with other people. If they want to push garlic cloves in their butts and drink rattlesnake venom to make them sleep better I’m ok.

Cotton

Staff member
I’m ok if folks are super concerned about it. I can understand the concerns. As long as I’m allowed to do whatever I want then I have no problem with other people. If they want to push garlic cloves in their butts and drink rattlesnake venom to make them sleep better I’m ok.
I agree. But, I'm seeing so much bullshit about pushing vaccines and NFL players getting tested randomly, it has affected my life to a degree. I'm just tired of it, man.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
I do not believe that number would be correct. Also, how do we know the long term effects since we do not have long term studies?

In my case, I’ve already had Covid, so why do I need to take the vaccine? Natural antibodies are proven to be great in combating the virus. If I get the virus I’ll bet the sniffles and move on. If I get the vaccine I’ll have a sore arm, maybe a fever and move on. So what is the benefit of the vaccine for a person like me?

Not even sure you can get the vaccine after you've had covid. They told my sister she couldn't. Natural antibodies won't last forever, though. Otherwise, we'd only get the flu once.
I'm not gonna pretend I have answers to all these questions. All I can do is relate my own experiences. To me, it looks like its doing some good. And out of the dozens of people I know that have gotten the vaccine, and the dozens of people they know, everybody's fine. Hell, I've been exposed to it 2 different times within 48 hours by clients whom I had sessions with the day they found out, and I haven't caught it.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
This string is good.

And get this, the AP also just retracted a story claiming 70% of Mississippi ER cases were Ivermectin ODs. The real number? 2%. Two.

Last edited:

Cotton

Staff member
Not even sure you can get the vaccine after you've had covid. They told my sister she couldn't. Natural antibodies won't last forever, though. Otherwise, we'd only get the flu once.
I'm not gonna pretend I have answers to all these questions. All I can do is relate my own experiences. To me, it looks like its doing some good. And out of the dozens of people I know that have gotten the vaccine, and the dozens of people they know, everybody's fine. Hell, I've been exposed to it 2 different times within 48 hours by clients whom I had sessions with the day they found out, and I haven't caught it.
But, it has a mortality rate lower than the flu. Why are you worried at all? I just don't get this shit. The world has lost its fucking mind over something that kills very few people in relation to how many it infects. This is madness, and we have all fallen for it. Even the most sensible people I know (my mom) has their shit over this weak ass virus. When do we stop living in fear? When do we go back to normal? When?? Eventually we have to get back to normal or this will never go away.

And, we are starting to. Against the guidance of the CDC. And that is encouraging.

Cotton

Staff member
This string is good.

And get this, the AP also just retracted a story claiming 70% of Mississippi ER cases were Ivermectin ODs. The real number? 2%. Two.

People need to turn their TVs off and stop watching the damn news. They are the cause for 90% of this panic bullshit.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
But, it has a mortality rate lower than the flu. Why are you worried at all? I just don't get this shit. The world has lost its fucking mind over something that kills very few people in relation to how many it infects. This is madness, and we have all fallen for it. Even the most sensible people I know (my mom) has their shit over this weak ass virus. When do we stop living in fear? When do we go back to normal? When?? Eventually we have to get back to normal or this will never go away.

And, we are starting to. Against the guidance of the CDC. And that is encouraging.

Well, I'm not living in fear. Basically, I'm looking for the shortest distance between point A and point B in the context of getting this shit over with. I'm as sick of it as you are, bro. It wouldn't kill me if I got it, I know that. However, if I passed it onto my father, he would not survive it. And I have to admit, I was pretty worried about my sister yesterday. And there's zero reason why she should be having such a hard time with it. For the record, I'm totally for things going back to normal. But I have a feeling this shit ain't gonna just go away.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life

Man do I feel you.

I've gone back and forth so much on this, and if it were just me I'd have no problem. Those mortality rates are averaged out over everyone, when they really need two categories, vulnerable and non-vulnerable.

My parents, unfortunately, are very much in that vulnerable category (my mom in particular) and I might carry it to them without even knowing. My wife also has a suppressed immune system. My mom just got her third shot so she's probably good and my wife will probably sign up for hers soon.

I don't have a whole lot of time left with my folks as it is, and if I can help keep them safe I'll suck it up a little longer (and keep telling myself that). It's just gotten so damned contagious.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
And the flu vaccine, like the COVID vaccine, doesn’t stop shit.

Produces a lot of money, tho…

It has varying degrees of success year to year but to say it doesn't do shit, I think, wouldn't be accurate.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Part of my concern is linked to the flu vaccine. I haven’t had the flu in over a decade. Whenever I have gone ahead and gotten the flu vaccine, I have gotten sick. Yes, I know the vaccine won’t make you sick. However, it does limit your immune system. So I can either get sick every year guaranteed by taking the shot or take a chance of getting sick every great once in a while by not doing so. I don’t get the flu shot anymore.

I spoke with my general physician. He and his practice partner both read through all of the information on the vaccines for Covid. They told me that nothing in the vaccine poses a health concern. Thatyou are safer having had the vaccine than not. So I did get vaccinated a couple of weeks ago.
I still believe that it is each individuals choice and it should be presented as medical information not political.
I don’t blame anyone that wants to get. It or those that don’t.

Cotton

Staff member
Well, I'm not living in fear. Basically, I'm looking for the shortest distance between point A and point B in the context of getting this shit over with. I'm as sick of it as you are, bro. It wouldn't kill me if I got it, I know that. However, if I passed it onto my father, he would not survive it. And I have to admit, I was pretty worried about my sister yesterday. And there's zero reason why she should be having such a hard time with it. For the record, I'm totally for things going back to normal. But I have a feeling this shit ain't gonna just go away.
You damn right it's not going to go away. No viruses do. We just have to come up with treatments and move on with life. Just like we did with the flu. Speaking of, you hear anything in this construct about treatments? Every treatment has been rot with negativity. It's weird, isn't it? It is to me. We have to come up with treatments, not a cure. No Covid cases is a stupid ass idea.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You damn right it's not going to go away. No viruses do. We just have to come up with treatments and move on with life. Just we did with the flu. Speaking of, you hear anything in this construct about treatments? Every treatment has been rot with negativity. It's weird, isn't it? It is to me. We have to come up with treatments, not a cure. No Covid cases is a stupid ass idea.
They don't want to give people a reason to opt out of the vaccine.

Cotton

Staff member
Man do I feel you.

I've gone back and forth so much on this, and if it were just me I'd have no problem. Those mortality rates are averaged out over everyone, when they really need two categories, vulnerable and non-vulnerable.

My parents, unfortunately, are very much in that vulnerable category (my mom in particular) and I might carry it to them without even knowing. My wife also has a suppressed immune system. My mom just got her third shot so she's probably good and my wife will probably sign up for hers soon.

I don't have a whole lot of time left with my folks as it is, and if I can help keep them safe I'll suck it up a little longer (and keep telling myself that). It's just gotten so damned contagious.
I feel you. man, but the flu/pneumonia could have done the same thing. Why are we freaking out about this one?

Cotton

Staff member
Part of my concern is linked to the flu vaccine. I haven’t had the flu in over a decade. Whenever I have gone ahead and gotten the flu vaccine, I have gotten sick. Yes, I know the vaccine won’t make you sick. However, it does limit your immune system. So I can either get sick every year guaranteed by taking the shot or take a chance of getting sick every great once in a while by not doing so. I don’t get the flu shot anymore.

I spoke with my general physician. He and his practice partner both read through all of the information on the vaccines for Covid. They told me that nothing in the vaccine poses a health concern. Thatyou are safer having had the vaccine than not. So I did get vaccinated a couple of weeks ago.
I still believe that it is each individuals choice and it should be presented as medical information not political.
I don’t blame anyone that wants to get. It or those that don’t.
This is exactly where I am. If you want it, get it, and I won't ridicule you for it. But, leave me the fuck alone if I decide not to.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
This is exactly where I am. If you want it, get it, and I won't ridicule you for it. But, leave me the fuck alone if I decide not to.

I would never tell that they had to get it. I'm more curious to know if there is a precipice where people who were against the vaccine might change their minds. I'm not trying to judge anyone.

Cotton

Staff member
I would never tell anybody that. I'm more curious to know if there is a precipice where people who were against the vaccine might change their minds. I'm not trying to judge anyone.
I haven't gotten the flu shot in 10 years, so you can see what my answer is.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
That's my feeling too. My parents got vaxxed as they are both over 75 and in the high risk category but that hasn't stopped them from living there life. We are all still going on vacation together at a beach house this week just like we did last year this same time.

Top Bottom